NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

My personal highlight was the devastating realisation that Shulk in his swimming outfit has exactly the same ensemble as Banjo. Both of them wear nothing but shorts and a necklace, have a big red thing attached to their back that they wallop opponents with, have blue eyes, and have British accents.

Not entirely sure if it's an improvement, or ruined forever...

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

@BowserBasher @S.C.G either of you hosting tonight as I believe Glen said he couldn’t make it.

Simon can host if he wants, if not, I can... just let me know if it's stock, time... etc. :peace:

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Simon can host if he wants, if not, I can... just let me know if it's stock, time... etc. :peace:

I'll see if I have a set up for tonight, I think it's time because last week was theme and we go Time, Stamina Stock, I think. Either way I think we go with time.

I'll try to get custom stages set up for half past 7. I'll be on VC @S.C.G if you need help setting up.

Room for custom stages open.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

"Are you OK?" With two triple random matches, and a sudden death win as Terry at the end? I sure am. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (09/12/2023)

- - - - -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some great matches tonight. Sorry I had to close the room to open again after custom stages, I couldn't seem to turn them off (or find out where)

Anyway I need to get the video of Terry (me) vs Samus (@RedShell) off of the Switch to post it (it was a custom stage one) as I had the best moment with Terry near to the end. Shout out to the insane combo right at the start on Norfair, and the double match with Triple R.O.B and Doctor Mario.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Some great matches tonight. Sorry I had to close the room to open again after custom stages, I couldn't seem to turn them off (or find out where)

No worries. You didn't actually need to turn them off though, I always switch to selecting standard stages from 8pm so it doesn't matter if custom is still enabled or not.
Anyway, great games as usual. Enjoyed those 1v1 battles too. :)

I thought I did something really cool here and scored a triple KO! But in watching it back, it turns out I was also one of the KOs: :heh:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1999838770?t=0h59m22s

Also, fun with the Home-Run Bat:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1999838770?t=0h50m16s

That's the first time missing a Final Smash has been worthwhile. :laughing:

OK, see you all next week. Hopefully @Glen-i will be back too.

:peace:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Right, since it wasn't on the stream as @S.C.G wasnt there yet. Enjoy this.

Terry (me) vs Samus (@RedShell)

I love how both of us just mess around when Exeggutor appears, knowing full well about the underground route on that stage. :D

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

On 09/12/2023 at 10:13 PM, BowserBasher said:

On 10/12/2023 at 9:58 AM, RedShell said:

No worries. You didn't actually need to turn them off though, I always switch to selecting standard stages from 8pm so it doesn't matter if custom is still enabled or not.

Uhhh... Actually...

I believe it's another edition of "I probably should've told them that"

It was probably a good idea for BowserBasher to restart the room, because by default, custom stages are included in the random selection pool. He would need to go into the random stage selection option in the rules setup and turn them off in order to allow people to choose random and never get a custom stage that way.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It was probably a good idea for BowserBasher to restart the room, because by default, custom stages are included in the random selection pool. He would need to go into the random stage selection option in the rules setup and turn them off in order to allow people to choose random and never get a custom stage that way.

But normal and custom stages each have their own completely separate random choice setting, so surely a custom stage wouldn't be selected unless someone in the lobby were to specifically choose one or the random custom stage button? ::shrug:

You always have the option to choose either normal random or custom random when both types are enabled.

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

But normal and custom stages each have their own completely separate random choice setting, so surely a custom stage wouldn't be selected unless someone in the lobby were to specifically choose one or the random custom stage button? ::shrug:

You always have the option to choose either normal random or custom random when both types are enabled.

No, it's deffo happened to me. It doesn't make a difference. I think the Random option being on both pages is purely for convenience.

• Weird 1

Blimey! I almost spaced on this.

Stock matches tonight.

7:30 for Custom Stages, 8 for normal ones.

Well, well. Someone's been busy!

EDIT: OK, the Shantae one is brilliant! Very cool!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Yup, once again @RedShell astonishes us all with his stage building abilities. Me and @Glen-i were like "is that lava moving?".

Great matches and some good close ones tonight. I had a pretty good night myself.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

I might have missed the custom matches, but the general matches were great fun. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (16/12/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, well. Someone's been busy!

EDIT: OK, the Shantae one is brilliant! Very cool!

Yep, once I get started with stage builder I do find it quite difficult to stop, :heh: be it making new stages or just tweaking old ones. 

My Star Fox stage is on its 3rd iteration now, it was a bit too chaotic originally when you could only stand on the arwing(s) so I chucked some more terrain in there which seems to have done the trick. And the way Andross can now eat players/items but not always spit them out again ended up well too. :D

The Shantae stage came about when I recently purchased the Mii costume/track. I wanted to have falling cannon balls as the stage hazard but making stuff fall into a stage from directly above is so tricky without any off-screen space to play with there, so had to settle with the lava idea instead. :hehe:

21 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Bloody hell @RedShell! Those new stages are incredible!

I have no bloody idea how you pulled off the moving lava with the Shantae stage, but mad props! :bowdown:

Cheers.

The lava is just a couple of terrain pieces placed extremely close to the ground, and then both set on a super slow speed path to gradually make the stage get smaller over time. :)

19 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Yup, once again @RedShell astonishes us all with his stage building abilities. Me and @Glen-i were like "is that lava moving?".

Great matches and some good close ones tonight. I had a pretty good night myself.

Yeah, great matches.

That last stock between you and Glen on the Mario Wonder stage was particularly  fantastic! :bowdown: You almost managed a great comeback as Pac-Man. :cool: Looked like it should've been a double KO to me, but Wario was too heavy to get properly launched! :grin:

Speaking of almost managing a great comeback... that game when I was Little Mac. :laughing: 2 SDs in the first 30 seconds yet somehow I was a whisker away from the win:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2006107384?t=0h3m10s

Anyway, don't think I'll be available for the next couple of Saturdays (if this is still going down) so I'll just say Merry Smashmas :santa: to you lot now, and hopefully catch you all again in the new year for more battles!

:peace:

• Thanks 4

Oh, actually. That reminds me.

@BowserBasher, @Ike, @S.C.G. Next Saturday will be the 23rd of December.

That's pretty close to Christmas, some people might have commitments. If you would prefer to have our Smash session on Friday instead, let me know. (Or let me know if you absolutely cannot make Friday)

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Oh, actually. That reminds me.

@BowserBasher, @Ike, @S.C.G. Next Saturday will be the 23rd of December.

That's pretty close to Christmas, some people might have commitments. If you would prefer to have our Smash session on Friday instead, let me know. (Or let me know if you absolutely cannot make Friday)

I can do the 23rd fine. Not sure when I’ll be back home on the Friday evening though. 

• Thanks 1

Right, Stamina matches tonight starting with Custom Stages from 7:30pm.

Normal stages at 8.

Edited by Glen-i

Sorting out Christmas stuff has gone a lot smoother than anticipated :hehe: so I should be able to join tonight after all! :)

• Like 1