NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I hope you keep dashboarding out of the game, because unless it has been changed in patches, the villager that gets recommended to leave always remains the same. The only way around that is to immediately close the game via the dashboard once the visitor tells you who wants to leave so the autosave doesn't kick in. Load up the game again and it's highly likely that the visitor suggests a different villager.

Yup. Finally did it until she suggested moving in Lionels place. So he’s off! 

Ordinarily I’d wait until someone said they wanted to leave (who I wasn’t fond of) and then do Nook tours until I found a nice new villager. But last time that happened I didn’t get round to doing a mystery island tour the same day the plot became available, and the next day someone had just randomly moved into it. Which I was not happy about! 

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

But last time that happened I didn’t get round to doing a mystery island tour the same day the plot became available, and the next day someone had just randomly moved into it. Which I was not happy about! 

Yeah, it's the worst and I will stand by what I said some time ago: It's a stupid design choice. ::shrug:

Congrats on your new villager :DBlaire is pretty cute. Had the chance to invite her to my island but I already have the much cuter Filbert residing on Solus, sooo... :p

I find it utterly bizarre that there’s no way for players to list items for sale in this version of Animal Crossing. That has been a feature of every other game in the series (excluding Wild World) even Pocket Camp! They’re obviously planning to add content/features in the future, so I guess there’s still a chance it could eventually appear, but for this basic functionality not to be included from the start is very strange indeed. :hmm: 

Personally, I’d love for the gyroid outside your house to return from the GCN version. Or how about simply allowing players to sell items in any empty spaces inside their Nook’s? That feels like something which could potentially be added very quickly, and would be hugely beneficial to the online component of this game.

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I find it utterly bizarre that there’s no way for players to list items for sale in this version of Animal Crossing. That has been a feature of every other game in the series (excluding Wild World) even Pocket Camp! They’re obviously planning to add content/features in the future, so I guess there’s still a chance it could eventually appear, but for this basic functionality not to be included from the start is very strange indeed. :hmm: 

Personally, I’d love for the gyroid outside your house to return from the GCN version. Or how about simply allowing players to sell items in any empty spaces inside their Nook’s? That feels like something which could potentially be added very quickly, and would be hugely beneficial to the online component of this game.

Yeah I hear you. It almost feels too little too late for a lot of updates now though, don’t you think? 
Like I have both islands almost finished from an aesthetic standpoint, and all the items I wanted I’ve managed to get from other people. Which has been part of the fun of the game to be honest! 

But once all these updates do come (if they ever do) can I enjoy them as much having already sunk in so many hundreds of hours? It’s a tough one. 

Naturally, newer shops and upgrades to existing shops would be welcome and I could enjoy that hugely even with completed islands, but there are so many other things I feel should and could have been updated by now.

What if there's an update that lets you build up another island??

Would be ironic if the characters moved there to enjoy the island life, it becomes too much and thus they create a new island.

3 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

It almost feels too little too late for a lot of updates now though, don’t you think? 

Yes and no. I mean for those that have accomplished most of what they set out to do in terms of designing their island or collecting items, then yeah. But for people that are going at a slower pace, or anyone that’s yet to even start playing the game, there’s no doubt some additional features (like being able to easily sell items to others) would still be very welcome.

11 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yes and no. I mean for those that have accomplished most of what they set out to do in terms of designing their island or collecting items, then yeah. But for people that are going at a slower pace, or anyone that’s yet to even start playing the game, there’s no doubt some additional features (like being able to easily sell items to others) would still be very welcome.

Yeah totally agree with that. But for the numbers this game has sold, it seems like more people will have already played it than those who are still to start. Could be wrong. 

But things like inventory management, being able to eat more than one piece of fruit etc, all should have been patched much much earlier IMO. 

Stating the obvious but I imagine Covid is delaying things a fair bit. Nintendo's E3 show would have been this week and with that I imagine we'd have had a new big update, possibly even released that same day. Maybe something like that is around the corner, who knows. 

I would still like:

• Quick/multiple crafting
  • Sleek furniture
  • Customisation of items bought from shop
  • Dinosaur models
  • The ability to get 2 models from Flick and C.J.

That last one in particular.  I love the models, and it's winding me up a bit to think it'll take me more than two years to collect them all.

• Like 1

I would still like:

• Quick/multiple crafting
  • Sleek furniture
  • Customisation of items bought from shop
  • Dinosaur models
  • The ability to get 2 models from Flick and C.J.

That last one in particular.  I love the models, and it's winding me up a bit to think it'll take me more than two years to collect them all.
I'd quite like the ability to select multiple items in my pocketat once.

Has anyone ever experienced not being able to go onto a residents house? Guessing this is a bug? 

Bill is the only one home as his curtains open and smoke is coming from his chimney, but when I press A near his door nothing happens. It’s as if the button isn’t registering. But it works for everything else? 

What gives?! 

Has anyone ever experienced not being able to go onto a residents house? Guessing this is a bug? 

Bill is the only one home as his curtains open and smoke is coming from his chimney, but when I press A near his door nothing happens. It’s as if the button isn’t registering. But it works for everything else? 

What gives?! 

EDIT - Google’d it and it’s a known issue. Restarting the whole console seems to fix it. 

Yeah I hear you. It almost feels too little too late for a lot of updates now though, don’t you think? 
Like I have both islands almost finished from an aesthetic standpoint, and all the items I wanted I’ve managed to get from other people. Which has been part of the fun of the game to be honest! 

But once all these updates do come (if they ever do) can I enjoy them as much having already sunk in so many hundreds of hours? It’s a tough one. 

Naturally, newer shops and upgrades to existing shops would be welcome and I could enjoy that hugely even with completed islands, but there are so many other things I feel should and could have been updated by now.

This is how I feel. Personally I am disappointed that a lot of the content in the 3DS version (like new shops) just isn't here. I'm at the point now where I've played this game an awful lot over the months lot so anything added now would feel a bit late.

I know they want to keep this game going for over a year but it's fair to say that most of what I do now are things I've done countless times before. I like things like getting art but that is basically one short moment every couple of weeks. The most exciting thing for me now is when a new month starts and there are a load of bugs and fish to catch.

I'm not complaining too much though, I've got a lot of play out of the game after all.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheikah said:

I know they want to keep this game going for over a year but it's fair to say that most of what I do now are things I've done countless times before. I like things like getting art but that is basically one short moment every couple of weeks. The most exciting thing for me now is when a new month starts and there are a load of bugs and fish to catch.

In my opinion the game has become too slow-paced.  If I load it up and don't particularly like the visitor that day, I know I won't have much more to do than shake the money tree, plant a new one and hit rocks etc.  It's ever since they added Redd and Leif.  Not that I dislike either of those two, but we know that five characters - Gulliver, Label, C.J., Flick and Redd - are all competing for two weekday slots, meaning it now takes more than a fortnight to see all of them.  That's quite a big difference considering they added two characters.  In my opinion the stallholders - Leif, Kicks, Label - should not cancel out the ones who appear somewhere other than the plaza - Gulliver, Saharah, C.J., Flick, Redd.  And it wouldn't hurt to let them appear on Saturdays and Sundays as well.

• Like 1

I definitely think the visitor balancing needs to be tweaked. In the same way that Celeste can appear at the same time as another visitor, more should be able to appear at the same time as the store holders, like @Grazza says. 

Or, they need to let people like Leif or Kicks move in to their own store. Maybe that's coming any day now, hopefully...

I think it’d be good if Leif was permanently available inside the shop, and Kicks inside the Tailors. Then there’s that lab section of the museum, why not have Flick appear there whenever he’s not roaming the island? Could do the same for C.J. in a part of the aquarium.

• Like 3

Ok I’ve made myself a small flower breeding patch to start getting into it. I’m opening my gates so hoping to get a few of you guys to come water. It over the bridge outside Nooks. You’ll spot the fenced off area and flowers. 

Is the tailors as big as the shop? Trying to plan where I'm moving things to and it's difficult only being able to do one at a time as I'm building it atop an area and want to make sure I have the space rather than move one, find out I can't fit the other and have to start again. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Is the tailors as big as the shop? Trying to plan where I'm moving things to and it's difficult only being able to do one at a time as I'm building it atop an area and want to make sure I have the space rather than move one, find out I can't fit the other and have to start again. 

The tailors is 5x4. I’ll try to look for the handy guide I had for floor space of all buildings. 

• Like 1

Cheers!

Now is there an easy way to visualise the squares? 😋

I've just been digging holes as indicators but if anyone has better ideas I'm all for it. Particularly if you get them in before my 3pm meeting when I'll next be playing. 

Can you pick up a bell tree that's growing and move it? It's in the way of my plans. 

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

Cheers!

I've just been digging holes as indicators but if anyone has better ideas I'm all for it. Particularly if you get them in before my 3pm meeting when I'll next be playing. 

Can you pick up a bell tree that's growing and move it? It's in the way of my plans. 

I found that making a pattern that is just a square outline works really well as you can leave them on the ground whilst placing the building. 
and yes, just eat a piece of fruit and dig up the tree, then replant. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

Cheers!

There's no need, once you move something, you can see the outline, and can even see a visualisation before you decide. Just like placing stuff in the beginning. Since you probably want some paths sround those buildings anyway, you can already place those in advance if you need more indication.

20 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

There's no need, once you move something, you can see the outline, and can even see a visualisation before you decide. Just like placing stuff in the beginning. Since you probably want some paths sround those buildings anyway, you can already place those in advance if you need more indication.

Oh no it's because I want to move my shop and tailors to a new area that's built up and I wanted to see if both could fit but you can only visualise one at a time. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Oh no it's because I want to move my shop and tailors to a new area that's built up and I wanted to see if both could fit but you can only visualise one at a time. 

Well yeah, like I said. Just use the available paths.