NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Indoor Football

I just played in a school footie tournament (year 8) totally out of breath. You have to be so quick thinking and run like a wild thing. Our school came top and i was said by my coaches i was man of the match (tournament)! im well chuffed

who else has played indoor footie for a side?

Im shite at footy, though i play with my mates every dinner..

Congratulations on your acheivment though

yeah i love footy, i was really good when i was like 7 but then i stopped playing for a while and went shit, now i cant get it back. i do still play, not as often now. i wish i would play as often i really miss doing it, i only actually do it once a week for PE

Welcome to the world of 5-a-side where the only way to win is for everyone to run like mad bitches up and down the pitch, I play 6-a-side played over the width of a full size astro turf pitch, slight differences, more people (no shit!) and a lack of walls.

Every year my at my school every forum enters a team, and the compete in year catagorys, i think i played once years ago, but i help my forms team out more by now playing. lol. I used to enjoy a kick about at lunch times a couple of years back, but i never seem to get the time in six form.

Any five a side football match is hard work, hence why the games are of short times, however i do really enjoy a good five a side match indoors or out.

I did participate in Year 11 house football back in November. Although I'm not really that good at football. I didn't really do much, but I did manage to fill in gaps in the midfield before switching to Right Back, getting a person offside 3 times. I am doing Footie in PE at the moment. And I am enjoying it, because I scored for the v. first time. But it was a spot kick. Oh, well. Still counted. :)

I've never really been that good at football, but I can do the basics etc. But I've stopped playing now because the only chance I have to play is spoiled by people (one person) who yell at you for making a simple mistake, or your pass to them not going exactly to their feet. It's no fun at all so me and a couple of friends have just stopped playing then.

I do like playing in a controlled enviroment (basically during PE) where you can have some time on the ball to think. We play indoor football for PE at the end of term which is really good fun.

well, im not sure whats better out of 5/11 a side. they are both totally different and should not be compared. thing is that you lose quite a lot of depth in 5 a side cause you cant do fancy chips and long passes.

I'm personally a big fan of the 20 a side games we have at sixth form sometimes at dinner.

Played 6's yesterday, played a team with a really bad attitude and were all dicks. Twanged my thigh muscle I believe. and hurts like buggery.

Never been good at football, I play it all the time but I'm canny crap. I prefer to go to the match were the pros show us how to do it.

Not counting our defence, ofcourse. They are shyt.

I play much better with indoor football than outdoor, i seem to b able to use the walls better to get past players and pass it to others.

when bout 16-17 me and old mates (dont see them anymore) used to have bout 10-15 of us and all play indoor footie for a hour or two every saturday :) good days they were.

btw please dont feel like your comment wont be read because im always very interested in feedback. keep commenting!

I don't think its so much of an endurance issue as a leg strength issue. My legs always kill me at the end of a match.

Oh yeah, my team is 3-0-0. And a team didn't show up twice, so we're actually 5-0-0.

The fewer players the more consistently fun it is, because you have to do more, and it feels better when/if you win, because you did it.

played a surprisingly fun two-a-side game today . I think the main thing in any football game is to have evenly matched teams, while ok it is nice once in a while to win convincingly, its nicer to feel either you had to work for your win (ie it was an accomplishment) or feel that you put up a good defence (you lost by a small margin).

Basically games where one team dominates the other clearly through out are boring.

yeah you have to get the balance right otherwise there is no point. although i love to just fake and turn into tight spaces. thats my quality. faking and making my body seem its going to do something it wont.

im a flexible ghost i guess!

i think 5-a-sid eis the better form of football, i nearly made 3 people in our team cry by how shit i am (in PE lesson, no way i'm doing anything remotely demanding out of it)

Peope,take PE waaay too seriously.

I love 5-a-side footie! Happy memories. :)

The best memory i have of 5-a-side was during year 12 charity week at Christmas time. Me and my mates were playing the year 13 team, and they were very good. Near the start of the match, i helped set up the opening goal. Then, we got caught on the break a few times and quickly fell behind. Then, in a definite highlight for me, i found myself outside of their semi circle with the ball at my feet. With little thought, i just volleyed the ball...and saw it rush into the bottom corner!

I hardly ever score goals, and this was probably one of the greatest goals i've ever scored in school. Just the way everyone reacted to me scoring was astonishing. It was an emotional moment for me.

Too bad we still got hammered 4-2 tho. :P

Sign in to follow this