NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

Karius has cost Liverpool this game.

It’s over.

Might as well start packing your bags now.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Calling it now: Ronaldo’s going to start shooting whenever he gets the ball - wherever he is on the pitch - on the off chance that Karius will mess it up. Sorry, did I say off chance? I meant in the likelihood of.

@Eenuh right now (a Belgian, if you didn't already know): "so...why is this guy playing instead of Mignolet?" :laughing:

1 minute ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Could that be Karius' last mistake for Liverpool? Game over.

Just txt one of my mates the same thing. He's done. You can't justify keeping him now.

This reminds me of when you're in school and you know you're playing against a shit keeper, so you just shoot from anywhere and it usually goes in. That's what Bale did right there.

• Haha 1

Only a goalkeeper can so thoroughly ruin their career over the course of a half of football.

• Haha 1

Congratulations to Harry Kane on scoring the winning goal in a Champions League final.

• Haha 3

Bizarre end there, Ronaldo with a great opportunity to add gloss to the scoreline and a Real fan invades the pitch stopping him from potentially scoring.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Lol nobody went over to make Karius feel better. :D 

Rumour has it that somebody did try to go over. Karius must have missed them.

• Haha 2

Gareth Bale has now won 4 Champions League titles in 5 seasons at Real Madrid. Zidane the first manager to win his first three finals, still never been knocked out of the Champions League as a manager. They surely deserve it but Liverpool let down by appalling goalkeeping and losing their key man to an early injury. Only Mane seemed up for the game in the second half, he seemed to be the only one who thought Liverpool could win the trophy after Salah went off. 

Well deserved victory for Real. Well deserved history-making for Real.

Zidane doesn’t care about the Champions League, and he knows that Florentino Perez doesn’t either. That’s why he can get away with doing “okay” domestically, and that’s why he can save players for this competition. The likes of Barcelona, Bayern, et al, and their managers, can’t afford that, whereas Real and Zidane can. 

The only other team I can see getting close in the coming years would be PSG, simply because of how much of a walkover Ligue 1 is in relation to the rest of the big five, and the sheer quality of their attack (as we saw in the group stages this season). 

Bale screaming for someone to make a transfer offer. He’s very clearly not happy at Real; I’ve never seen or hear him so bluntly hint at wanting out. 

If he does leave, that’s got to step up Real’s chase for Neymar, surely?

Florentino Perez whispering into Zidane’s ear that he can stay next season :D 

Even if he's close to the end of his contract he'll surely go for more than Real paid for him considering the inflated prices this season. I would expect Man Utd to be the most likely to sign him, Spurs would probably want him back but they surely won't have the money so soon after building their new stadium.

I'm pleased for Zidane. One of my favourite players when I was growing up and winning three Champions League trophies as a manager is just crazy. 

4 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Even if he's close to the end of his contract he'll surely go for more than Real paid for him considering the inflated prices this season. I would expect Man Utd to be the most likely to sign him, Spurs would probably want him back but they surely won't have the money so soon after building their new stadium.

Honestly, as much as I’d welcome his return to the Prem, I’d like to see him go elsewhere. I don’t think Mourinho would get the most out of him, and I don’t think he could just slot in alongside Kane.

Bayern’s wingers have been waiting to be replaced for a long, long time, and they’ve done a great job of lengthening careers over in Germany as of late. Him going to Munich to take over from Robben would seem an interesting move. 

The same goes for the medical staff of many Italian clubs, as has been the case for a long time, and with Serie A on the up and up, and with Juve clearly having lost their firm iron grip on the league over there this season, I think a move to Juve, Napoli (to reunite with Ancelotti), or one of the Milanese clubs, would be another interesting alternative for him. 

I could definitely see PSG wanting to make a move for him too. 

15 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Bale screaming for someone to make a transfer offer. He’s very clearly not happy at Real; I’ve never seen or hear him so bluntly hint at wanting out. 

If he does leave, that’s got to step up Real’s chase for Neymar, surely?

I’d take Bale at Chelsea!

Karius was hilarious... just when did Real sign him?! Haha

1 minute ago, Kav said:

I’d take Bale at Chelsea!

Karius was hilarious... just when did Real sign him?! Haha

Somehow...somehow, you just know Russia are involved in this somewhere. 

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this