NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2017-18

Gutted for Salah and Carvajal, both dead certs for their nations who are major doubts now for the World Cup. Going to be interesting to see how the game plays out now, Liverpool won't be as effective going forward but neither will Madrid after their injury. 1-0 written all over it?

That was an odd offside call. 

Ronaldo looked a margin offside (but I’ve seen plenty of linesmen give it the other way), but it looks like the linesman was giving it for Benzema being offside (who very clearly wasn’t, being in-line with Ronaldo when he heads it). That really could’ve gone either way.

Best save I think I’ve ever seen Karius make.

Odd game so far. Liverpool started better, but Salah’s injury and subsequent substitution swung it in Madrid’s favour, at least until Carvajal got injured and came off too. Became a bit of a scramble before the last few minutes, when Madrid were clearly in the ascendency. 

Can’t think of a final in recent years like this, where the half-time team talks are set up to have a massive effect on the game for both sides.

Good grief, Benzema has benefited hugely from two goalkeeping blunders in the last two matches. 

Think I might be a few minutes ahead, guys...

That’s the greatest blunder I think I’ve ever seen in football, period. How did he not see Benzema out of the corner of his eye? 

On the other hand, great response... :p 

Well, that's Klopp in the transfer market this summer looking for a keeper. 100%. It's long been said that neither Mignolet nor Karius are top class keepers, and it's the one real area of weakness for the side. 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What happened? I've just got out the shower.

Karius rolled the ball about a yard into Benzema’s path, who only had to redirect the ball - such was the force of Karius’ roll - into the back of the net.

And then you equalised through Mané.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

What happened? I've just got out the shower.

Ball goes forward and Karius comes out to pick it up. Benzema is fairly close to him. Both players on the edge of the box. Karius then throws the ball out and Benzema sticks his leg out...the ball hits Benzema's leg and it goes in. Proper howler.

• Haha 1

Just now, Julius Caesar said:

Karius rolled the ball about a yard into Benzema’s path, who only had to redirect it into the back of the net.

And you equalised.

Thanks.

Yeah, I caught our goal. :D 

This is much more like it. Bring on the goals! I won't be satisfied unless this finishes 6-6.

Of course Karius’ howler comes after I praise him for the finest save I’ve ever seen him make towards the end of the first half. If Klopp really wants a German GK that badly, why not go after the likes of Timo Horn or Bernd Leno?

2 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

This is much more like it. Bring on the goals! I won't be satisfied unless this finishes 6-6.

Yup. Match has turned proper feisty. Good stuff.

Just now, Julius Caesar said:

Of course Karius’ howler comes after I praise him for the finest save I’ve ever seen him make towards the end of the first half. If Klopp really wants a German GK that badly, why not go after the likes of Timo Horn or Bernd Leno?

He'll be after one in the summer, unless Karius somehow pulls off a series of killer saves.

Poor showing from Isco, who’s normally so calm and clinical. I really do think that Liverpool are going to have problems slowing Bale down. 

Sign in to follow this