NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Multi-Million Deal Wins 'Friends' Return (Denied)

Multi-million deals have convinced all the Friends to return to TV with four new episodes.

Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, David Schwimmer and Matthew Perry will all take part in four hour-long specials, say reports.

NBC has apparently agreed to pay each of them $5 million in a secret meeting before Christmas. Scriptwriters have already begun work for the programmes which are due to air next year.

Aniston, who has enjoyed big-screen success since the show ended, was the last to agree to the idea. An insider at the network said: "She's the one who had been holding out. But she's now agreed to reprise Rachel."

"Bringing them back is a dream come true," added the source. "Ratings will go through the roof."

Another spin-off from the much-loved sitcom is also apparently on the way, starring all three male stars of the show, and slated to be called It's A Guy Thing.

An NBC spokesperson confirmed: "Negotiations on future projects are going on all the time."

Taken From Digital Spy

Stuff like this is never bad news. Friends has always been very entertaining. Guess this fucks up everyone with the SUPER FINAL EDITION BOXED SET though, doesn't it.

So far im figuring that they'll move Joey back to New York and have the spin off set in his apartment with Ross and Chandler hanging out there. Wonder if we'll get quotes like "You just missed Phoebe and Mike" etc in it? :p

Oh great.. they're bringing back the 'comedy' where people laugh at some idiot walking through a door.

God I hate friends, such shit 'comedy'.

Oh great.. they're bringing back the 'comedy' where people laugh at some idiot walking through a door.

God I hate friends, such shit 'comedy'.

I agree, I was so happy when those idiots finally got off the air. The tenth series was even worse than the others, whcih were bad anyway. Spin offs and one hour speicials have ruined many a tv program although it's hard to even furthur destory friends.

Although I know I'll end up watched it.

They could have waited a few more years. I reckon better stories could have been made up about what they have been doing in the mean time. Well whatever, im not the greatest fan of the show.

joey aint that funny, and nbc have abc to contend with...i dont care, as long as i get some awesome sarcastic chandler jokes in there im happy

Friends was always entertaining, only the canned laughter put me off.

No real surprise. Although why would it take until next year? If theres gonna be four one hour specials I would have placed them as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Valentines.

Another spin-off with Joey would be a bit stupid. In "Joey" hes constantly talking about how difficult it is to move away from NY, so now hes gonna move away from LA as well. Also, if it features Chandler and Ross they both have wives and babies.

Wonder how much channel four will pay for this.

Actually, thinking about this; David Schwimmer did advise Matt Le Blanc not to do a spinoff so I smell a rumour.

Yeah but originally the spin off show was going to feature Joey and Ross before they decided on "Joey"

EDIT: Also none of them have had too much success since Friends ended so they'd be a lot more up for a spin off show.

Actually, thinking about this; David Schwimmer did advise Matt Le Blanc not to do a spinoff so I smell a rumour.

Dave also tried directing a few episodes of Joey if what I read awhile back is true [failed pilots I believe.]

Haha, the replies to this thread make me chuckle. Friends has always been a show you either totally love or hate beyond any amounts thinkable.

I for one though... cannot fucking wait! I'm looking forward to it.

I really liked Friends :) it simply made me laugh, few comedies went on for that long and still made me laugh aloud. I could never understand people disliking it, my guess is they thought to show was too trendy and popular to admit to liking ^^

Like the Simpsons it got less funny and more annoying later on in it's life.

And laughs were pretty thin on the ground to start with.

Suppose I could class this as good, I never religously watched friends but I didn't mind watching it if it was on.

I liked Friends and the spin-off Joey but more because it is a show that I don't have to watch every day to know what is going on. If I am tired there is nothing better than a sitcom.

Sign in to follow this