NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I for one am looking forward to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Switch.

“A new history is born”...Explorers of Time/Space/Sky but with time travel set to 1000 and constant jumping back and forth?

Because I’d be in :D 

21 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

“A new history is born”...Explorers of Time/Space/Sky but with time travel set to 1000 and constant jumping back and forth?

Because I’d be in :D 

Oh damnit! I was only making a snarky remark, but now I genuinely want that!

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Oh damnit! I was only making a snarky remark, but now I genuinely want that!

Man, I can’t wait for Mystery Dungeon to (eventually, hopefully) come to Switch. I think I’ve replayed Explorers of Time/Sky more than I have any other game, but I’ve still yet to go through SMD. 

Also, looks like someone might have jumped the gun with regards to Oha Suta...

Could probably end up being revealed tomorrow?

Edited by Julius Caesar

Emily Rogers is saying that we won’t have to wait until Thursday for Pokémon news, which is unsurprising, given that Oha Suta airs tomorrow evening BST. So, tomorrow it is :D

She’s also saying that she expects divisive or mixed reactions, and whilst that seems foregone conclusion with such a vast and varied community, it does make me the slightest bit nervous about what exactly we’re going to see...

12 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Emily Rogers is saying that we won’t have to wait until Thursday for Pokémon news, which is unsurprising, given that Oha Suta airs tomorrow evening BST. So, tomorrow it is :D

She’s also saying that she expects divisive or mixed reactions, and whilst that seems foregone conclusion with such a vast and varied community, it does make me the slightest bit nervous about what exactly we’re going to see...

Isn't it pretty much expected that it'll be those Let's Go Pikachu/Eevie type games? Sorry I haven't been keeping up.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Isn't it pretty much expected that it'll be those Let's Go Pikachu/Eevie type games? Sorry I haven't been keeping up.

Yeah, that’s what’s expected at the moment, but there are still a lot of question marks about what the game will actually be if that does turn out to be the case, and what it might mean for the future of the franchise. We’re supposedly returning to Kanto, but which Kanto? Is it an alternate take on the original games, or a sequel? Could it really only contain the original 151 Pokémon in the main story? Or, a big one for @Glen-i: will we see new Pokémon, whether new lines entirely, evolutions/pre-evolutions of past Pokémon, or even Kantonian forms for some Pokémon not native to the region, as we saw introduced in Sun and Moon

There’s been a lot of hearsay about what we’ll be getting, but having that all put to rest with some official information about the game should calm things down a bit.

4 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Yeah, that’s what’s expected at the moment, but there are still a lot of question marks about what the game will actually be if that does turn out to be the case, and what it might mean for the future of the franchise. We’re supposedly returning to Kanto, but which Kanto? Is it an alternate take on the original games, or a sequel? Could it really only contain the original 151 Pokémon in the main story? Or, a big one for @Glen-i: will we see new Pokémon, whether new lines entirely, evolutions/pre-evolutions of past Pokémon, or even Kantonian forms for some Pokémon not native to the region, as we saw introduced in Sun and Moon

There’s been a lot of hearsay about what we’ll be getting, but having that all put to rest with some official information about the game should calm things down a bit.

Interesting, thanks for catching me up.

Pure guesswork speaking but I suspect it'll probably be a reboot. That said I can also easily imagine a new Gen coming next year, in addition to this game, mostly because it'll be a lot more ambitious and needs more time.

I've only ever played X, but might be keen to jump back in if it's quite different to the usual formula

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

I'll be glad when it's all out in the open. Honestly, reading through the threads on Era and people should be embarrassed about the way they've been acting in the lead up to this. It reminds me of state people were getting themselves into in the lead up to the Mini Nintendo Direct that happened earlier in the year. It's one thing I miss about Gaf, at least they would lock up such threads and calm people down, whereas Era just lets things run rampant.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll be glad when it's all out in the open. Honestly, reading through the threads on Era and people should be embarrassed about the way they've been acting in the lead up to this. It reminds me of state people were getting themselves into in the lead up to the Mini Nintendo Direct that happened earlier in the year. It's one thing I miss about Gaf, at least they would lock up such threads and calm people down, whereas Era just lets things run rampant.

Totally agree. I picture most of the OTT people on Nintendo hype threads there as 12 year olds, it helps.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Totally agree. I picture most of the OTT people on Nintendo hype threads there as 12 year olds, it helps.

What's annoying is these people hype up a game or Direct to a point where nothing will ever be good enough for them. You then get the topic filled with moaning on that it wasn't what they wanted. They should just go about their daily lives, rather than sitting dreaming about something that will never live up to their expectations.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What's annoying is these people hype up a game or Direct to a point where nothing will ever be good enough for them. You then get the topic filled with moaning on that it wasn't what they wanted. They should just go about their daily lives, rather than sitting dreaming about something that will never live up to their expectations.

Don't mind me, saving all this for the day before E3 :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weird 1

They should just go about their daily lives, rather than sitting dreaming about something that will never live up to their expectations.

Vita 2...

:(

24 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Don't mind me, saving all this for the day before E3 :p 

Theres nothing wrong with being excited ( although last years E3 done nothing for me, hence not using holidays for it ) but it's something else when you have absolutely crazy predictions and your enjoyment of the game or event is pinned on those unrealistic expections.

40 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Theres nothing wrong with being excited ( although last years E3 done nothing for me, hence not using holidays for it ) but it's something else when you have absolutely crazy predictions and your enjoyment of the game or event is pinned on those unrealistic expections.

Like what happens here... :p

By all means, go nuts.  I just laughed reading that exchange because I'm sure what you have described has happened here many times.  It's all part of the fun of the hype train!

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Like what happens here... :p

By all means, go nuts.  I just laughed reading that exchange because I'm sure what you have described has happened here many times.  It's all part of the fun of the hype train!

Not to the extent of what goes on over there. In the past you've had people saying they would be selling their consoles just because something didn't get announced that they wanted. Even the last Direct, which I thought was more than solid, got a lot of flak because idiots were saying how Pokemon, Smash, Metroid, Zelda etc. would be all getting shown, even though Emily had already told people to keep expectations in check and that the first half of the year was about ports.

Getting excited for an event or announcement is fine, especially when you had a solid date for it, but when you've had 3 topics going on for the past couple of months that have been nothing but nonsense, "reset the clock!" and mostly pure speculation, it all gets a bit too much.

Personally I hope these Pokemon games are nothing what the crazies are expecting. The meltdowns will glorious! :D 

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Personally I hope these Pokemon games are nothing what the crazies are expecting. The meltdowns will glorious! :D 

And hey, even if it's exactly what the nuttos are hoping for, at least you'll probably get to read me rant my head off.

Talk about a Win/Win.

Laughing at myself helps me cope with the dread of what could be.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

And hey, even if it's exactly what the nuttos are hoping for, at least you'll probably get to read me rant my head off.

Talk about a Win/Win.

Laughing at myself helps me cope with the dread of what could be.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the Let’s Go! titles were probably going to be 3DS titles all along. They’ll probably be “enhanced” in the same way that we expected to see a potential Stars be “enhanced”...which means in the same engine, and not so “enhanced”.

If those come this year, I think there’s a chance we see Gen VIII next year. This, I hope, is just to tide us over - and give the Switch a momentum boost - until next year, when the real differences will be seen with a new engine, region, Pokémon, etc., taking advantage of the Switch’s power. 

nintendo-chibi-robo-1073623.jpeg

I don’t want to get too hyped, because I’m actually pretty well armed for some disappointment right about now, but...

vZ4Wd3M.png

• the news will be after 11:30 JST (03:30 BST) Wednesday 30th May.

• it is a media event being held that will lost 90 minutes.

• there are two games coming his year - Let’s Go! Eevee and Let’s Go! Pikachu - but we should be more excited about what’s coming next year. 

And, speaking of the media event...

giphy.gif

UPDATE (01:38)

AHHHHHHHHHH

[Breaking News] There seems to be a significant announcement on Pokemon

At Pokemon Information Bureau, we will deliver the news and new information of the presentation to be held today by live tweets 📡⚡️

Everyone, please check it.

UPDATE 2 (01:41)

I don’t know why, but seeing this in English makes it seem so much more tangible. I need to learn some Japanese...

Edited by Julius Caesar

And so it begins...I think I’m just going to quote livetweets of the event as it unfurls, and I suppose some of my reactions to the news, just to save anyone having to search extensively for the livetweet feed in the morning/later on.

Wait. Wait. What?!

What the...

Okay. This looks strange, but I’m actually somewhat interested. Also...

That would explain the event’s length.

Guys, I think I might be in on Pokémon Quest. Maybe. Let’s see what else they announce first...

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2

Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee and Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu are official! Coming Friday 16th November!

Worth noting that other core series Pokémon RPGs are set to be released in H2 2019, too. So, if this isn’t your cup of tea, don’t worry: it seems like Gen VIII proper will be on its way shortly!

Going to try start trying to move the official Pokémon livetweets into this post regarding the Let’s Go titles so that all of the info pertaining to these games are in one place.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Yeah, I like the look of Pokemon Quest, will it be the first free-to-play game on the Switch? I can't think of another one. 

And the core-series Switch games look fantastic! I really hope that motion controls can be turned off though, but all the connectivity seems really cool. The Pokeball looked incredibly dumb to me at first but when I saw that it was essentially a Pokewalker I started to kind of want one. Really looking forward to this!

EDIT:

November 16th! Christmas is going to be bananas for the Switch. 

Edited by killthenet

I have to say, the Let's Go games look fantastic, they seem to have done a great job. Even as someone who's only ever played X and Go, I'm definitely in! And the Pokeball accessory is pretty nifty too.

Edit: Pokemon Quest looks cool too, though reading the reactions to it on Twitter was soul destroying.

Edited by Ronnie