NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

1 hour ago, Tim B said:

I should finally be getting this in a couple of days and I'll have a good chunk of time to actually play it as well. Any tips for a newbie (not new to Pokémon)? Stuff you wish you had known before starting? I'm not a hardcore fan though. I tend to stop playing after beating the elite four etc.

Not really, no. If that's how you want to play it, there's nothing to worry about.

38 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Discounts are nice :) 

So is having a decent post game without having to pay extra. :p 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, RedShell said:

Looks like @Glen-i will be doing a few max raid battles on Friday then. ;)

You're damn right. I've been waiting for this G-Max Pokémon to show up! Gimme that guaranteed Poison or Paralysis chance!

Welp, the G-Max Amped Toxtricity raids are exclusive to Sword. I'll need @Ugh first aid's help or anyone else with Sword for that.

Anyway, there's another code for a free Bottle Cap. Enter "C0MPET1T10N"

• Thanks 1

I haven't played in a long time, but if you tell me what to do, I can help you out.

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I haven't played in a long time, but if you tell me what to do, I can help you out.

Simply put, I'll be playing a lot of Max Raids tomorrow (And Saturday evening), but I would like a Sword player to start lots of G-Max Toxtricity raids for me to join until I get one I want to train.

In return, I'll be catching a lot of Low Key Toxtricities myself if any Sword players wants them.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Simply put, I'll be playing a lot of Max Raids tomorrow (And Saturday evening), but I would like a Sword player to start lots of G-Max Toxtricity raids for me to join until I get one I want to train.

In return, I'll be catching a lot of Low Key Toxtricities myself if any Sword players wants them.

I don't think I have the resources to start a lot of raid battles, but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I don't think I have the resources to start a lot of raid battles, but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

What do you mean? All you'd be doing is running around the Wild Area starting up raids?

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

What do you mean? All you'd be doing is running around the Wild Area starting up raids?

Like I said, it's been a really long time now. I thought somehow you needed the electricity from those dens to start a raid, but I think that's only if they're not active right? I assume there are specific dens I need to go to?

Edited by Sméagol

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Like I said, it's been a really long time now. I thought somehow you needed the electricity from those dens to start a raid, but I think that's only if they're not active right? I assume there are specific dens I need to go to?

Normally, yes. But when there's a special raid like this Toxtricity one, they can appear anywhere. So running around, doing all the raids you see is the best way to go about it.

And you don't need watts to start raids. You're thinking of Wishing pieces, which can make an inactive den active, but that's only good for looking for a specific Pokémon that isn't event based, like the Toxtricity.

Edited by Glen-i

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Normally, yes. But when there's a special raid like this Toxtricity one, they can appear anywhere. So running around, doing all the raids you see is the best way to go about it.

And you don't need watts to start raids. You're thinking of Wishing pieces, which can make an inactive den active, but that's only good for looking for a specific Pokémon that isn't event based, like the Toxtricity.

So hop on my bike, and visit every den I can find? lastly, what common Pokémon should I use against him?

43 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

So hop on my bike, and visit every den I can find? lastly, what common Pokémon should I use against him?

Toxtricity G-Max is particularly dangerous because of it's G-Max move. It's a guaranteed chance to either poison or paralyse everyone. Paralysis is dangerous in a raid battle because of the lost turns, so electric Pokémon would work good. Steel and Poison are immune to poisoning, but that just makes them more likely to be paralysed.

Strangely enough, a well-trained Toxtricity is a great defensive choice.

Failing that, ground Pokémon do a lot of damage. And they are immune to electric attacks, so if you have 4 people with ground types, then you don't need to worry about it. If you don't, then you can still be paralysed by someone else getting hit with that move.

Edited by Glen-i

I don't think I have any of that (leveled). I think my ehh psychic ladybug is the one able to do the most damage to it. I'll find out tomorrow I guess haha.

OK, I'm up and I'm raring to go, but playing with randoms sucks, so I'm gonna work on Mario Kart League stuff until someone here is ready to go.

So, just as a reminder, here are the G-Max Raids being featured this time.

Sword
Amped Toxtricity
Kingler
Grimmsnarl

Shield
Low Key Toxtricity
Orbeetle
Hatterene

Gimme a mention when you boot up the game and also if you find any of the Sword Exclusive ones, and I'll do the same for the Shield ones.

2020internationalchallengefebruary.jpg

The first International Challenge was announced recently.

Simply put, this is how some people get invites to the Pokémon World Championships. Do well and you get Championship points, which go toward getting an invite.

In order to qualify for Championship Points, you'll need to link your Nintendo Account to your Pokémon Trainer Club account on the Pokémon website.

Hey, but if you don't care about the World Championships, you can still enter for funsies and to get some in-game clothing.

Sign-up period starts on the 20th of Feburary and the competition starts on the 28th. Format is Double Battles with usual rules.

Edited by Glen-i

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got a 5 star Toxtricity raid waiting if anyone wants it.

I'll jump in on that.