NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Just now, markderoos said:

I also saw some in game shots/animations of a

Spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

non-Galar Ponyta and Zigzagoon.

Together with your list is dead certain we’ll be getting more past generation Pokemon in SwSh

I doubt we're getting anything more than the Pokémon I mentioned. Game Freak generally don't patch big stuff like that into Pokémon. It's only ever bug fixes. And I don't expect that to change any time soon.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

Worthless piece of paper GET!

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Congratulations on your ineffectual piece of paper.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Congratulations on your ineffectual piece of paper.

Nah, it can used for all sorts. Like impressions of a guy with a moustache.

YOHT2xse7u4gu1DDua1akYhMib1lspX16L4wMSfT

• Haha 3

A new Mystery Gift is available for a quick, easy 20 BP.

Use the code "G1GANTAMAX"

• Thanks 2

Since when did paralysis stop letting the Pokemon who inflicted it move first when it’s slower in stats? 

Is this the first game that this has happened? Or will there be another reason for it? 

10 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Since when did paralysis stop letting the Pokemon who inflicted it move first when it’s slower in stats? 

Is this the first game that this has happened? Or will there be another reason for it? 

There could be a number of reasons.

Paralysis lowers your speed, sure, but if you're fast enough, the speed drop might not be enough to stop you going first.

Priority moves such as Quick Attack still go first, even when paralysed.

If Trick Room is in effect, paralysis will have the reverse effect on speed.

Do you remember the Pokémon you were paralysing?

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

There could be a number of reasons.

Paralysis lowers your speed, sure, but if you're fast enough, the speed drop might not be enough to stop you going first.

Priority moves such as Quick Attack still go first, even when paralysed.

If Trick Room is in effect, paralysis will have the reverse effect on speed.

Do you remember the Pokémon you were paralysing?

Yeah I knew about quick attack and such, but I thought regardless of speed, paralysis used to always prevent you moving first even if stats showed quicker speed. 

I can’t remember what it was now but it’s the second time playing Sword where I’ve paralysed an opponents Pokemon but they’ve still moved first. 

oh I remembered. It was a Cloyster. 

11 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Yeah I knew about quick attack and such, but I thought regardless of speed, paralysis used to always prevent you moving first even if stats showed quicker speed. 

I can’t remember what it was now but it’s the second time playing Sword where I’ve paralysed an opponents Pokemon but they’ve still moved first. 

oh I remembered. It was a Cloyster. 

That's probably because before Sun/Moon, paralysis reduced the speed stat to 25% of what it was.

These days, paralysis only halves the speed stat. So it's more likely a Pokémon can still go first with paralysis.

Given Cloyster's speed, I'd wager that person was using a Choice Scarf.

• Like 1

Still really enjoying playing this. Perfect Christmas game really too. 

Onto the 7th gym now. My team looks like this: 

Avalugg - lv 47

Grimmsnarl - lv 47

Coalossal - lv 47

Mudsdale - lv 47 

Toxtricity - lv 47

Rillaboom - lv 47 

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Given Cloyster's speed, I'd wager that person was using a Choice Scarf.

Or used Shell Smash.

• Thanks 1

Got this for Xmas and I'm enjoying it so far. Is there any way to turn off those trainer notifications in the bottom left hand corner? They're super annoying

14 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Got this for Xmas and I'm enjoying it so far. Is there any way to turn off those trainer notifications in the bottom left hand corner? They're super annoying

Only way to do that is to get off online.

• Thanks 1

I am now at the stage where I am facing Leon but need to get my Pokemon stronger before facing him. 

I’ve only just discovered these den battle things which give you the exp candy. I think these are such a good idea. I was just ignoring the pink wells originally but now I’m hunting the wild area for them as I love that they give you such great TM’s too. 

I have been so impressed with this game. After the garbage that was sun and moon this is a welcome return to form for me. 

• Like 2

I’m not ashamed to admit that I used the Poke Job glitch to get my Pokemon some extra needed experience. 

Just one job and they levelled up two levels each so that’s taken them all to level 70 so I’m ready to go face Leon which I’ll do this morning. 

I had exhausted all of the Dynamax pink well things that were available to me in the wild areas, but there weren’t loads and the others don’t seem to be giving me that pink beam. 
Not sure what I have to do to get them to activate, maybe more will be available after beating Leon. 

49 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I had exhausted all of the Dynamax pink well things that were available to me in the wild areas, but there weren’t loads and the others don’t seem to be giving me that pink beam. 

Not sure what I have to do to get them to activate, maybe more will be available after beating Leon. 

Just go to them, press A and give a Wishing Star. That'll activate them. 

48 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

The dens reset over time, but you can also put wishing pieces in used dens to reactivate them. It’s a 10% chance they reset into pink if I recall correctly.

As you already made use of the Poke Jobs glitch, you might want to search Youtube because there’s also a den glitch ;)

I haven’t got wishing pieces left nor do I have any Watts to buy them. I’ve done loads of Rotom Rallies to build up but takes a while and is a bit boring.

Im ok now I’m at level 70 I can try and beat Leon now! Doesn’t seem to be much in the way of post game content though from what I’ve read. 

Edited by Aneres11

20 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I haven’t got wishing pieces left nor do I have any Watts to buy them. I’ve done loads of Rotom Rallies to build up but takes a while and is a bit boring.

Im ok now I’m at level 70 I can try and beat Leon now! Doesn’t seem to be much in the way of post game content though from what I’ve read. 

There’s the Battle Tower, but once you reach the Master Ball rank on single and double battles in there the rewards get pretty limited, just 2 BP per win. At that point the main post-game content is really the online battles/competitions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Dude, you were ready for Leon ages ago. His Pokémon only reach level 60.

You get more watts checking Dens once you beat Leon. 200 for each glowing one and 2000 for every one you check with a raid inside. Way quicker than Rotom Rally.

18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Dude, you were ready for Leon ages ago. His Pokémon only reach level 60.

You get more watts checking Dens once you beat Leon. 200 for each glowing one and 2000 for every one you check with a raid inside. Way quicker than Rotom Rally.

Oh man.

I read that it was wise to not attempt him unless your Pokemon are approaching level 70, so I aimed for that. 

They're all at 75 ish now after beating some of the gym leaders before the champion match again, and then that greasy looking guy who uses Steel pokemon. 

Ah well, shouldn't be too difficult then! 

The first ranked battle season is closing at the end of this month.

A new thing that Sword and Shield is doing is that it'll give in-game rewards based on your rank when a season ends.
Even the lowest rank gets some nice stuff. So theoretically, you only need to complete one battle to qualify, even if you lose.

Considering that you get 50 BP, a Timid Mint, a Jolly Mint and an Ability Capsule, I highly recommend doing that. In both Singles and Doubles, just in case you can double those prizes, before the 1st of January.

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The first ranked battle season is closing at the end of this month.

A new thing that Sword and Shield is doing is that it'll give in-game rewards based on your rank when a season ends.
Even the lowest rank gets some nice stuff. So theoretically, you only need to complete one battle to qualify, even if you lose.

Considering that you get 50 BP, a Timid Mint, a Jolly Mint and an Ability Capsule, I highly recommend doing that. In both Singles and Doubles, just in case you can double those prizes, before the 1st of January.

Nice. :cool: 

Any idea what the prizes are for the other ranks?

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

Nice. :cool: 

Any idea what the prizes are for the other ranks?

Great Ball Rank gets the same items, with 3 Bottle caps thrown in, as well as 100 BP instead of 50.

Ultra Ball don't get the items, instead, they get a Gold Bottle Cap and 300 BP.

Master Ball gets 3 Gold Caps and 600 BP.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Great Ball Rank gets the same items, with 3 Bottle caps thrown in, as well as 100 BP instead of 50.

Ultra Ball don't get the items, instead, they get a Gold Bottle Cap and 300 BP.

Master Ball gets 3 Gold Caps and 600 BP.

Cheers.

Looks like 2x Great Ball tier rewards for me this season then. They should invert the prizes though, anyone that can reach Master Ball rank doesn’t really need Gold Bottle caps or BP. :heh: 

There seems to be a new Max Raid event going on at the moment involving Magikarp which rewards extra gold nuggets. Any Max raids that give me the opportunity to out perform other Dynamaxed Pokémon with Pikachu are fine by me: :D 

I love how Pikachu gets obscured by a rock too. :laughing:

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 2