NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Adam West - Rest In Peace, old chum.

Adam West, star of the definitive (in my opinion) 1960s Batman TV show and serial guest star of American animation, passed away earlier today aged 88 after a battle with leukaemia.

It was years of seeing him crop up in The Simpsons et all before I was able to recognise & embrace his gentle, comedic, self deprecating majesty. Once I did I would never have gone back. RIP.

Edited by gaggle64

Absolutely gutted. :(

The Batman series he was in was a big part of my childhood. I'm also a huge fan of Family Guy and found it great that Seth Macfarlane gave him the role of Mayor West in the series.

Sad to hear this. As well as Batman he was very entertaining in pretty much everything he did. Not sure if anyone has seen the pilot for a show he did called Lookwell! for example, which was pretty funny.

Also, one of his last roles was reprising his Batman role for an animated film that came out last year which I really enjoyed.

I believe they were in post-production to a sequel to this film.

Edited by Helmsly

Noooooo. A childhood hero. I fucking loved his Batman. :(

RIP

Absolutely slayed me.

I met him at a signing and he was amazing. Every bit as charming as you'd imagine. As I walked away, he yelled "go get 'em Luke". It was one of the greatest moments of my life.

Sad times.

Sign in to follow this