NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter XX

IIRC, Nintendo helps with the localisation, testing and publishing of Monster Hunter outside of Japan so that'd be a massive hurdle to overcome if they went multiplatform

IIRC, Nintendo helps with the localisation, testing and publishing of Monster Hunter outside of Japan so that'd be a massive hurdle to overcome if they went multiplatform

The 8-4 guys have done a couple of the localisations . Nintendo do promote the game but Sony also done some marketing of Unite when that was released, but it wasn't pushed as hard as what Nintendo tend to do with this series.

Just goes to show the state Capcom are in when they can't even get their own games out. I mean, just look at Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox and Street Fighter V on the PS4.

I kinda forgot about that. Funny to think that the series suddenly started reviewing quite a bit better as soon as Tri came out. (Was gonna be released on PS3, but it was too expensive, nothing to do with what I'm saying but still interesting)

I remember something being said about some peeps at Ninty giving pointers on making Tri more accessible.

Worked like a charm on me. I loved Tri.

Releasing 25th August in Japan, with cross play with 3DS and also data transfer between 3DS and Switch versions.

Also a Switch bundle being released with a themed dock

Splatoon 2 in July. This in August. Potentially Pokemon a couple of months later. R.I.P Japan. :D

I wonder if we get it around the same time, then? Here's hoping.

We have Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, possibly this and Pokemon, Xenoblade 2, the Rabbids game, Fire Emblem Warriors and whatever the indies are cooking up. E3 is shaping up very nicely.

Splatoon 2 in July. This in August. Potentially Pokemon a couple of months later. R.I.P Japan. :D

I wonder if we get it around the same time, then? Here's hoping.

We have Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, possibly this and Pokemon, Xenoblade 2, the Rabbids game, Fire Emblem Warriors and whatever the indies are cooking up. E3 is shaping up very nicely.

Hopefully a e3 announcement for us for this, is that where they usually western release dates?

Indeed though, Japan is going to be getting the bulk of Switch consoles to keep up with this release schedule, I always thought it was Japanese centric... confirmed!

Being able to transfer saves from Generations (X, not XX) is nice. That's compatibility for us here in the west sorted :)

Otherwise yeah, it's exactly the same deal as MH3U, cross save/cross platform play and all.

That's a really early release date! Dare I hope for a September release for us here in the west?

Edited by Dcubed

Being able to transfer saves from Generations (X, not XX) is nice. That's compatibility for us here in the west sorted :)

That's me sold. That's me sold hard.

Nice to see all that hard work playing with Astalos won't go to waste, eh, @S\.C\.G?

Otherwise yeah, it's exactly the same deal as MH3U, cross save/cross platform play and all.

That's a really early release date! Dare I hope for a September release for us here in the west?

I really hope so, but I expect 2018. They should have the vast majority of the translation done though through the first game, shouldn't they?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I really hope so, but I expect 2018. They should have the vast majority of the translation done though through the first game, shouldn't they?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Well most of the text will be the same as in Monster Hunter Generations, a game that came out roughly a year ago in the west. The only thing that would need translating is the new content.

They would surely have had long enough to translate the new content by September. I reckon it's doable (and it's a good month to release in, especially considering that it would comfortably after Splatoon 2 and comfortably before the likes of Mario Odyssey.)

I see there are rumours going around that Sony have locked in Monster Hunter 5 as a PS4 exclusive coming out in 2018. No idea if they are true or not but I'd be much more likely to play that than a 3DS port.

I see there are rumours going around that Sony have locked in Monster Hunter 5 as a PS4 exclusive coming out in 2018. No idea if they are true or not but I'd be much more likely to play that than a 3DS port.

Sounds very unbelievable to me.

Sounds very unbelievable to me.

Yeah it does seem very unlikely considering the portable popularity of the series. Still though, would be massive for Sony if true.

There was talk it would carry on with portable versions, just not the mainline series.

I pray for the day that it returns to the PlayStation but sadly I doubt it's gonna happen.

I pray for the day that it returns to the PlayStation but sadly I doubt it's gonna happen.

I'll make sure I remember this post when we all watch Sony's E3 press conference!

...and nothing comes of these rumours.

I'll make sure I remember this post when we all watch Sony's E3 press conference!

..and nothing comes of these rumours.

I honestly hope I'm wrong. It will be nice to have a MH game that isn't being held back by hardware. If it does come to the PS4 I wonder what excuse Capcom give this time if they keep the 4 player town setup. Bring back the PS2 8 player towns!

New rumours coming direct from Happenstance HQ.

The Switch spin off game coming after XX that will be announced at E3 will be Monster Hunter x Animal Crossing.

New rumours coming direct from Happenstance HQ.

The Switch spin off game coming after XX that will be announced at E3 will be Monster Hunter x Animal Crossing.

Good. I'll finally be able to butcher and skin all those annoying villagers. I'm coming for you, Resetti!

I could see 5 going multi platform, in fact I think I'd be surprised if it didn't at this stage; could release it on Switch and PS4 and get the best of both worlds with hopefully more appeal with PS4 as well as the great start and momentum of Switch.

PS4 exclusive would probably be a short term financial gain from the exclusive deal with a long term fail when it loses the portability, I reckon.

I'd also quite like to have the heads of Timmy and Tommy Nook on each shoulder of my Nook Jr armour set...

Good. I'll finally be able to butcher and skin all those annoying villagers. I'm coming for you, Resetti!

I'd love a Monster Hunter X Toad

So that I can do the same thing to all the different Toads :D

I'd love a Monster Hunter X Toad

So that I can do the same thing to all the different Toads :D

Evil. Bastard.

Capcom comfirmed no localisation and MH world the game they are focusing on in the west.

Fuck you capcom!!!!

Capcom comfirmed no localisation and MH world the game they are focusing on in the west.

Fuck you capcom!!!!

i dont see much support in general for switch by capcom to be honest. no disney game, no megaman.

isnt MH world being released worldwide at the same time also. how come on 3DS we had to wait well over a year.

will import MHXX but yeah fcuk capcom.

So basically, "we don't wanna, get Ninty to localise it"?

It's not looking good for my little "family plus N-Europe peep hunting get together"

The majority of the bloody localisation's done already, is it really that hard?

Sign in to follow this