N-Europe

I assume i need -somewhat of an- introduction.

Naar

Hey everyone!

Im Naar, 32 years old, living in The Netherlands.

I grew up playing a lot of videogames. When i was really young, my older brother bought his first NES set. It was so cool, just watching him play was enough. :laughing:

Completely missed the SNES era, because i was super busy playing outside, kicking balls and falling on my knees. I dont really regret having missed out on the SNES classics, but im trying to find my way to them through the VC.

Picked up a N64 when i was a teen. Super Mario 64 blew my mind. Ocarina of Time blew my mind again. But Psycho Mantis asking you to put the controller on the table also blew me away back then. I see my gaming time during the N64/PS1 era as my golden age of gaming.

Next gen i got the Gamecube, but i was also drawn towards PS2/XBOX because they had the more adult themes and happy Mario stuff wasnt cool anymore. So also got the PS2/XBOX.

After that generation, my attention kinda drifted away from gaming. Still bought a 360, but couldnt really get into it. For the last 5 years i've been playing Skyrim like a deranged person. Think im about 1200-1300 hours in.

Got a gaming itch again about a year ago. Followed the Playstation and X1 for a while, and that wasnt going to work for me. Sometimes shifty dlc policies, day 1 patching. So i put my hopes into Nintendo Switch. The reveal was a dissapointment for me.

"I just want to buy a game, pay once, take the game home, put it in the console and start playing."

The PS Vita Slim is, when it comes to hardware, n3DS' Jedi Master. But it doesnt have Mario, Zelda and Pokémon. So the n3DS XL it was.

So far im pretty impressed. Last handheld was the first DS system, but this one feels so much less "toy-ish".

Thats kinda why i signed up here. Gaming is fun, but talking about with likeminded people is a positive part of it.

Looking forward to crushing all you people's highscores. :santa: