NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

1-2 Switch (March 3rd 2017)

When I read on twitter about the price. Then saw this thread I said in my head - who's going to be the predictable one to say "still too much" or equivalent :D

Gutted I missed it.

Did anyone actually expect for them to sell the game at 5% of the RRP? It was going to be cancelled.

Did anyone actually expect for them to sell the game at 5% of the RRP? It was going to be cancelled.

Wait, people were taking this seriously? Come on, you guys are smarter than that!

I watched some, the game spot one as well; some games look great, some awful; but still struggle to see when I'll be in the right environment to play this. I can see families having fun, kids parties, and gamers having a drunken party or something. Some of it looks too easy (the sword holding game) some of it I don't understand how it's even a thing (the dice guessing game)... I don't know. I want to love it, but just feel so painfully shallow....

I think i have a more positive impression of the game after watching this video but yeah, it feels a little shallow considering it's price. I think this would have been perfect as a pack-in game

Wait, people were taking this seriously? Come on, you guys are smarter than that!

Isn't there a retail law that states something along the lines of whatever price labels a product must be honoured even if it is by error..?

Isn't there a retail law that states something along the lines of whatever price labels a product must be honoured even if it is by error..?

They only have to legally honour a contract. An order isn't a contract, an agreement they will accept your order is the contract.

Thus, no.

They've honoured orders from pricing mistakes before, so yeah, don't see what was so crazy about hoping they do it again.

Anyway Giantbomb seem to be liking the game a lot, it does look fun tbf

Again, expecting them to honour a 95% reduction really was asking for a lot. Fair enough to try, but yeah... Seemed pretty inevitable to me.

I wonder what the most percent off they've honoured before is though.

I wonder what the most percent off they've honoured before is though.

I preordered New Super Mario Bros 2 for 1p and they honoured it, which is near enough 100%. I also got the full XBox360 Rock Band kit at launch for £30 which I was pretty happy with. It has less to do with the discount and more to do with the volume of orders. Once a serious misprice gets on hot deals they nearly always get cancelled.

Amazon honored my wii u pre order. £199 instead of £299.

£95% reduction however is just never going to happen.

Having said I wouldn't order this, I just have. :idea:

My BF was asking me about the Switch (he's not into gaming all that much) and what games I was getting and if there were any he could play with me.

So I told him about SnipperClips and loaded a YouTube vid of it which he seemed impressed with.

Then I mentioned 1 2 Switch. Watched a vid showing quite a lot of different games and he thought it looked amazing!

I found myself seeing the value in it for when our friends come over. Plus we have a couple of house warming events coming up so this would be perfect.

I'm actually excited about it now as I really want to see what these joy cons can do.

This is the reason I'm going for 1 2 Switch is so there a game I can play with my daughter, she's so excited for the Switch, but she won't have anything to play on it until MK8 or Slaptoon 2 comes out.

It may be bad or great but I'm using it as a pacifier for now.

See I can't see it being a 'bad' game.

Sure, it might be short and a bit throwaway and 'gimicky' but it seems to be the only game that utilises all that tech in the joycons.

I think it would be fun with a group of people, or even just playing together.

If it's garbage I'll just trade it in and put it towards something else :heh:

Same here - main reason is to play with my gf, outside of that she'll be watching me play BOTW (unforced!). Fun is fun, Im sure we'll have a laugh and it will be a nice party game should we have guests.

Same here - main reason is to play with my gf, outside of that she'll be watching me play BOTW (unforced!). Fun is fun, Im sure we'll have a laugh and it will be a nice party game should we have guests.

Wow I thought I was the only one who had a gf (errr... wife) who not only puts up with watching me play Zelda, but actually enjoys, and looks forward to it! (Apart from when I go side quest bug hunting for hours on end!)

Wow I thought I was the only one who had a gf (errr... wife) who not only puts up with watching me play Zelda, but actually enjoys, and looks forward to it! (Apart from when I go side quest bug hunting for hours on end!)

Haha, yeah she likes scenic games, she loved watching me play Assassins Creed 3 and Pikmin 3 for example.

I'll be getting this digitally, as I think it's the ideal game to always have access to when you're out and about. I can see it selling surprisingly well actually.

Sign in to follow this