NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

1-2 Switch (March 3rd 2017)

The guy on our samurai stand was saying it could be a great drinking game; I'd love Nintendo to officially market this whole game as a "pre night out drinking game to get wasted" experience.

And have me and @Ashley milking each other sorry cows on the box...

It's only seeing the gif above about an hour ago that I realised that there was a visualisation of our actions on the screen!

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

I imagine this could be great silly fun if you get friends over.

I can't justify full price though, this really should have been the Wii Sports/NintendoLand of the Switch.

For the price, I'm gonna go with utter bollocks tbh.

Am I the only one who first thought that this was going to be a new Wild Gunman?

Don't forget you need another Joy-Con pair (‎£74.99) if you want to play it with someone who doesn't own a Switch...

I don't like the look of this game... but I don't think you're right there. At least the wild west duel game only seems to require each player to have one joycon.

Am I the only one who first thought that this was going to be a new Wild Gunman?

I don't like the look of this game... but I don't think you're right there. At least the wild west duel game only seems to require each player to have one joycon.

@Dcubed thought it was the same thing!

You're right though. You only need one set of Joy-Cons to play this with two people.

Reggie on why it isn't bundled.

We look at every launch uniquely as to what's the right thing to do for that launch," Fils-Aime told GameSpot in an interview today. "And I've been involved in launches dating back to the Nintendo DS. Each one is a little different. For this launch, what we found is that with the range of software that's coming--not only available day one but through April and into the summer, and including the holiday timeframe with Super Mario Odyssey--that we wanted to enable the consumer to buy the software they want, to look to get to the most approachable price point we could get to. That led us to a $299 price point, and let the consumer decide what games they want to buy."

Fils-Aime explained that Nintendo started out by identifying the price they want to be at--$300 in the United States--and worked to reach it. There are certain things that simply couldn't be left out of the package, like the Joy-Cons and various cables.

"The first decision that we make is, where do we want to be in terms of the hardware price point that's going to be approachable and hit the marketplace we want? And from a US price point, we wanted to be at $299," he said. "Certainly, lower is always better, but at a $349 or $399 price point, we just didn't feel that was the right place to be. So we start there. And then it's all about, what's going to be included? Obviously the inclusion of the two Joy-Con, critically important; all the right cables, the dock, critically important. We also have to do this from a financial perspective as well. Once we got to that bundle, it really needed to be at $299 without a piece of software."

"You make the comment about Wii Sports, and certainly, the analogy that it's a great utilization of the Joy-Con and shows off the capabilities of the system, that is absolutely true," Fils-Aime said. "I would say, though, that 1, 2, Switch has many more experiences--it's a wider pallet of experiences, potentially more akin to Wii Play than to Wii Sports. And, again, from that standpoint, Wii Play was a standalone piece of software both with a controller at the time and without, so that's probably the better analogy."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why.../1100-6446940/

In fairness from what I recall each game only needed one Joy-Con so you won't need to buy more.

Arms wild require two sets though, although I heard yesterday it will use a pro controller if you want to save £10

He says 1-2 Switch is like Wii Play.

Well why not bundle it with a joy-con like Wii Play?

Because as is, I can't see many people willing to pay what they want for it.

This game absolutely should be bundled, it's an enormous mistake to sell it separately.

Reggie can compare it to Wii Play all he likes, but if this thing doesn't use 4 joy-cons then there's no point in bundling them together. And times have changed, Switch is not Wii.

Switch is shockingly expensive and comes with no game, Wii was cheap and came with a blockbuster seller. THAT's the difference here.

I've not seen Reggie's comments, but is he aware Wii Play came with a Remote and that's the only reason people bought it?

Captain Bullshit strikes again,

I wish people stopped listening to Reggie. Everything he says is just PR and it's all bollocks.

Ign say Nintendo told them the demo was just a small sample of what will be in the game.

Ign say Nintendo told them the demo was just a small sample of what will be in the game.

For £50 they better show a lot more cos right now it looks like Wario mini games.

For £50 they better show a lot more cos right now it looks like Wario mini games.

This is £40 isn't it?

If there are 50+ games it could be decent. Just don't know what single player content they could do... still can't believe it's not bundled in.

This is £40 isn't it?

If there are 50+ games it could be decent. Just don't know what single player content they could do... still can't believe it's not bundled in.

Crazy not to bundle it. If they want show off the concept of the system they should pack in the game. To me it looks like a throwaway party title. Just pack it in.

This is £40 isn't it?

Apparently there's eight games...

For those wanting the game, Argos currently have it for preorder at £35, which is a lot better than the £50 most places are charging.

For those wanting the game, Argos currently have it for preorder at £35, which is a lot better than the £50 most places are charging.

Hmmm..... I might preorder it and see what happens with regards to the content. Still hoping for a war ware single player crazy fest!!

Really feels like specifically announcing there would be more games than demonstrated would have been in their favour. Nintendo continue to make baffling decisions.

Still, if these extra games are as fun as the ones we've seen so far, 1, 2, Switch will probably end up as a decent, albeit expensive, little launch title.

Really feels like specifically announcing there would be more games than demonstrated would have been in their favour. Nintendo continue to make baffling decisions.

I think Nintendo is still stuck in a different age when it comes to things like this. It appears that in their minds consumers will sit around waiting for information in the next issue of Nintendo Power. It's as if they haven't realised that the market and consumer expectations about flow of news has changed.

But then they kept us super informed about Smash and Sun and Moon so they do know...they just...::shrug:

I think Nintendo is still stuck in a different age when it comes to things like this. It appears that in their minds consumers will sit around waiting for information in the next issue of Nintendo Power. It's as if they haven't realised that the market and consumer expectations about flow of news has changed.

This is why i'm not a fan of their current E3 set up. I prefer to just watch a single conference, get all the news out of the way in one big event and then I can move on to other stuff. As it stands, you have to keep an eye on things for the best part of the week. I know various gaming journalists have also expressed this feeling. It's hard for them to just enjoy whats on the show floor when they have keep an eye on Nintendo in case they announce or show something new on a Treehouse segment.

I'm not sure if you misinterpreted my post or are talking about something slightly different, but I wasn't talking about events such as E3. Just generally. There seems to be this vibe coming from Nintendo at the moment along the lines of "we'll say a little about it and then we'll inform people later, but no need to tell them when or what we'll be telling them".

I think the tease and the presentation is a good example of that. We waited nearly 2 years for details about the Switch and then got a teaser with a promise of more information in January. We then got the presentation and the promise of more information sometime before the console launches (I assume? When it comes to the online stuff I wouldn't be surprised if they just mean more information before the paid online comes in).

It comes down to a lack of transparency. Even just confirmation as to when we'll get more information would be fine. I dunno, I just feel like if Nintendo had said "we'll do a Direct every Friday" then there would be more goodwill about the situation and there could be better planning for journalists. I've never really liked their "we'll do a direct in 40 hours" approach.

I'm not sure if you misinterpreted my post or are talking about something slightly different, but I wasn't talking about events such as E3. Just generally. There seems to be this vibe coming from Nintendo at the moment along the lines of "we'll say a little about it and then we'll inform people later, but no need to tell them when or what we'll be telling them".

I think the tease and the presentation is a good example of that. We waited nearly 2 years for details about the Switch and then got a teaser with a promise of more information in January. We then got the presentation and the promise of more information sometime before the console launches (I assume? When it comes to the online stuff I wouldn't be surprised if they just mean more information before the paid online comes in).

It comes down to a lack of transparency. Even just confirmation as to when we'll get more information would be fine. I dunno, I just feel like if Nintendo had said "we'll do a Direct every Friday" then there would be more goodwill about the situation and there could be better planning for journalists. I've never really liked their "we'll do a direct in 40 hours" approach.

I get what you were saying but I guess I was just focusing on the part of your post where you mentioned Nintendo having people wait around for the next bit of info and likened it how they do their messaging at E3. Rather than doing a full blow out in a single event, the information is spread out.

Sign in to follow this