NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
demonmike04

How are the Demo pods going to work?

I just noticed something yesterday...

I was playing an Xbox360 pod down my local gamestation, and it started to make me think what games nintendo would put on there demo pods..

BUT, how on earth will they stop people from stealing the free hand controller? They couldnt lock it against metal, because the movement would be limited... They could put in a extra wires because it would make a mess if some idiot were to pull on it constantly it'd make the place a mess.

And obviously, not having any protection would lead to the controller being stolen.

So, how do you think the demo pods will act like come E3, when people are expecting to play the revolution?

theyll be special retrograded controllers (i.e. wired) i guess only way other than hiring security guard for each store.

attach a wire, and unlike with the ds, make sure no one stal it. People kept stealing the sylus' around my town.

That is one gooood question! espesialy whith the numbchuck (or, whatever they call it) in mind.

EDIT: forgot to write "in mind" :weep:

That is one gooood question! espesialy whith the numbchuck (or, whatever they call it) in mind.

EDIT: forgot to write "in mind" :weep:

I totally forgot about the add-ons, even more wires...

I guess tandeh's idea will work.

I totally forgot about the add-ons, even more wires...

I guess tandeh's idea will work.

The idea to have a security guard standing there :indeed: ?

oh, yes, i can see it now: Im playing revlution in a store. This big dude watching me " :nono: you SUCK at this".

:indeed:

They could attach a 20 kg chain to the controller or clone Reggie a million times, or just put a sign up: "Reggie is watching you and if you steal a controller he'll kick your ass and take your name (and the controller back)!"

I wondered this as soon as I saw the controller. I suppose they'll have to tether it, but that will seriously limit movement, and may give people the wrong impression about the machine. By the looks of it, you can't play it as close up to the screen as demo pods usually make you stand, either. Maybe the only real solution is to have a screen behind the counter, and you have to ask to use the controller (which would still have to be security tagged). Whatever happens, I can see Revolution demo pods being quite difficult to set up - you're only goiong to be able to get the full experience using it at home.

I guess we'll find out what Nintendo's got planned for demo pods at E3.

At my Toys R Us they just have a cable attaching the stylus, simple. Do the same with this, or if that fails just put a security tag on the side of it so no one steals it.

They will attach the controller to the console through one of those bigass wires and attach the nunchuck attachment permanently. My guess anyway.

The idea to have a security guard standing there :indeed: ?

oh, yes, i can see it now: Im playing revlution in a store. This big dude watching me " :nono: you SUCK at this".

:indeed:

Learn to read, i was agreeing with tandeh's idea to just stick with wires.

It's VERY hard to say, because by attatching a wire.. you're basically hindering the best part of the console.. and definitely the selling point.

It's like putting a metal sheet over the bottom of the DS touchpad so nobody scratches it, when the touchpad is the selling feature.

Perhaps it will be staff supervision.. though many game stores are understaffed. The PSP at my game store was under strict supervision, when he told me the price I immediately gave it back to him and said no thanks, I'm not paying £20 to get one of those on launch.

At the Download festival last year in the Nintendo tent the DS' stylus was on little ball chain things like the pens at the bank. On the subject of demo pods, I grabbed the 360 controller and it was horrible! People and the 'net lead me to believe it was great. It just felt wrong to hold and the material felt cheap.

I reckon that if they use the same kind of technique that stops people from stealing other electrical goods on show from any shop, then it should be ok. Just attach the controller to some kind of chain etc. which is also alarmed in case someone trys to steal it. That's my best guess. Or just have it so u have 2 ask 4 a freehand from the people behind the counter. or maaybe just take your own? it's quite hard to tell really. I hope Nintendo do it properly tho.

Demo pods? On a Nintendo home console? As if you're ever going to find one anyway...

Come again? I still remember playing on the N64 demo pods at dixons, and the GC pods in both gamestation and game.

they could have rooms in the back wherer you could just try it out and a guy outside saying youve got a limited time or something. i was in gamestation today, and there was a guy on the 360 i was in the shop for at least half an hour and he played on it all that time, people came in and watched him and went out. there should be a guy letting everyone who wants a go have a go, i wanted to play it

attach a wire, and unlike with the ds, make sure no one stal it. People kept stealing the sylus' around my town.

At EIEF in Edinburgh (where I got to play Twilight Princess :heh:) the stylus' were attached the DS stand with a wire. I assume they'll fix a hook or something onto the end of it and tie it to something.

See image below for it it would work with the Revo... :)

untitled13pf.jpg

The same way Mobile phones are on display at a shop, Just with a wire attched to it.

The same way Mobile phones are on display at a shop, Just with a wire attched to it.

But it definitly would need to be much longer, for if you have it too short, it limits the movement of the controller.

Hook. Line. and Sinker

Well, they managed it somehow when they showed the revocontroller for the first time at ECTS...

Only a few select people were allowed to use it then, and they were under strict supervision, no cameras allowed I think.

Sign in to follow this