Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Recore (XB1)

Hero-of-Time

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Launch trailer for this looks cracking I think, getting some Jet Force Gemini vibes from it strangely enough!

Think I'll def pick it up at some point, the £29.99 price is to entice people to a new IP apparently, nothing to with the size/quality of the game which is full, 18 hour campaign apparently. Works for me, the Inafune/Armature combo does it for me :)

• 2 weeks later...
Jim Sterling has his review up. http://www.thejimquisition.com/recore-review/

He seemed to enjoy it overall but the load times are so far beyond unacceptable. He broke out the stop watch and clocked load times from 1:00-1:42. That's even worse than Bloodborne when it released.

Watched a stream of the game for five minutes. Over half that time was loading screens. 1 for loading the game, the next for fast travelling to an area.

Sounds like a really sloppy effort, sadly. A lot of the reviewers are stating its a fun game (some said could he been great) held back by its technical limitations.

In this day and age, that's not really good enough :( I'll still definitely pick this up at some point, just not this Friday as The Division has entered my life and I'll be ploughing time into that instead I think!

Sounds like a really sloppy effort, sadly. A lot of the reviewers are stating its a fun game (some said could he been great) held back by its technical limitations.

In this day and age, that's not really good enough :( I'll still definitely pick this up at some point, just not this Friday as The Division has entered my life and I'll be ploughing time into that instead I think!

Great game, especially with mates. I had some fun times on it with my nephew, lostmario and gmac.

Great game, especially with mates. I had some fun times on it with my nephew, lostmario and gmac.

It really is, I kind of thought I'd like it but I didn't realise just how much! The main reason I prefer this to Destiny already is just the setting/scenario, appeals to me more than space! Annoyingly all my friends who played it to death have since moved on and aren't interested in going back into it :(

However I've actually found great enjoyment in teaming up with randoms to do the "single player" missions, had some epic moments and team work already!

Only downside has been going into the Dark Zone has left me annihilated every single time, however I'm still only level 9 and seems 10 is the bear minimum to start in there, certainly on your own!