N-Europe

Eurovision 2016!

Mr-Paul

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switzerland...wut?

What sort of dance is that? Bend at the hips x 20.

Also, what colour is that hair meant to be? Also also, why is there smoke/steam coming from her? (more so during the opening bit)

EDIT: I'm actually getting really angry at the dancing now. It's like her feet have been glued to one spot.

1. Latvia – Not the strongest voice. But sounds modern and quite fresh. I feel that it’s not going to stand out enough being first up. He’s just shouting basically. 6/10

2. Poland – Dull ballad. Dragged on forever. Gets an extra point for key change. 3/10

3. Switzerland – Taken Eurovision to the extreme and is wearing the smoke machine! Felt like it had potential but her voice can’t hold the chorus, and the chorus is boring. 4/10

4. Israel – Dull but will do well with those who like the ballads. It’s got the falling fireworks that go well with a winners’ performance. 5/10

5. Belarus - Naked man and wolf! Now the wolf has turned into a man and is a drummer! Too bad the song doesn’t live up to the visuals. WTF BABY. Extra point for random baby. 6/10

6. Serbia – Have to say I like the gothic look. Feels like a Pink song. Did she just say she licks her boobs? Might be my favourite so far but there hasn’t been anything special yet. 6.5/10

I hope Ireland make the final, the song is not a patch on either of the Jedward efforts but it'd be nice for them to get to the final after pulling out the big guns with an ex-Westlifer.

Was that an ex-WestLife member? It looked like Bryan Adams and Ronan Keating had a baby, but without the talent of either.

7. Ireland – It’s Nicky from Westlife! He’s not sat down. How’s he going to stand up for the key change? Don’t like his voice. Generic song. No key change. Disappointing. 5/10.

8. Macedonia – Donna Donna Donna. What? Who? She seems angry. What did Donna do? Or does she want a kebab? That screech at the end. Nah. 2/10.

9. Lithuania – Probably got the most potential of what we’ve heard so far tonight. Nice front flip. Growing on me as it goes actually. Enjoyable. 7/10

10. Australia – actually good. Actually modern. Good voice, good performance. Yes. Go Australia! 8/10!

11. Slovenia – Slovenian Swifty. I like! 8/10! Suddenly enjoying this semi.

12. Bulgaria – another decent song! Catchy! 8/10.

I may be overmarking now because the first half was so poor! But good songs and pretty ladies!

13. Denmark – Take That. Nothing wrong with it really, but it’s just so 90s boyband. 6/10.

14. Ukraine – too minimal. Not a compelling enough voice. Nice visuals though. Builds up at the end, but it’s not enough. 5/10

15. Norway – She’s gorgeous. Sounds like several different EDM songs put together though. The tempo changes are weird as fuck. 6/10

16. Georgia – Tonight’s rock act. Trippy mirror visuals and flashing lights! Seizures for all the family! There isn’t enough enthusiasm in the actual song though. It’s just a bit bland. I wanted to like it. 4/10

17. Albania – that song just really didn’t do anything. Not really bad, but not good. 4/10

18. Belgium – Bruno Mars/Jamiroquai-like. Definitely feels like a rip off of that Fleur East Sax song. Decent though. Nice and upbeat. Not the strongest voice but a great end to the show, I hope it gets through. 8/10.

That was dramatic! We were both sat here thinking that Belgium were going to get through, but the other countries kept getting picked and we quickly ended up with only one spot left. Luckily, they got through!

Can't believe Wolf-guy didn't get through!

Disappointed wolf guy didn't make it and I liked Slovenian Taylor Swifty. Apparently Sweden are the only Scandinavians in the final, too.

Don't know how Georgia got through. Did those trippy visuals brainwash people?

Australia currently my favourite to win. Still upset about Iceland not making it the other night. Doesn't feel like a vintage Eurovision year yet to be honest.

18. Belgium – Bruno Mars/Jamiroquai-like. Definitely feels like a rip off of that Fleur East Sax song. Decent though. Nice and upbeat. Not the strongest voice but a great end to the show, I hope it gets through. 8/10.

I thought the intro sounded to 'Another one bites the dust'. :P

Everyone keeps comparing it to that Sax song, but apparently the Belgian entry was written before that one (entry had to be in before October 2015 I think, or something like that). ::shrug:

Was thinking we wouldn't go through as there was only one left to announce, and I was expecting Wolf guy to go through! Bit sad that he didn't make it actually, I liked that song.

Didn't like Poland going through at all, just a bit of a boring song. Didn't care much about Lithuania either.

TONIGHT EVERYBODY! What are your plans? I've got some friends coming over and I'm cooking some chilli and going to drink lots of rum.

What are your favourite Eurovision songs? Here's a couple of mine.

Love her. She can paint her toenails for me any day.

This was robbed. Best Eurovision cheese.

@Fierce_LiNk and I are having Indian takeaway (a treat for us, we rarely do takeaway) and some cider. Looking forward to it. :D

Jim and I still make fun of the satellite song, how she says toenates instead of toenails. We have been using that word since we heard the song haha.

One of my recent favourites is still Euphoria, such a great tune. And the crabwalk in it is amazing.

And I still listen to last year's entry from Belgium, still really like it!

Laka - Pokusaj! (Bosnia & Herzegovina 2008)

Krista Siegfrids - Marry Me (Finland 2013)

Jedward - Waterline (Ireland 2012)

France Gall - Poupée de cire, poupée de son (Luxembourg 1965)

Think 'Euphoria' might well be the best ever though. So good.