Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Could Pokémon work on a home console?

Retro_Link

In answer to the original question, yes of course Pokemon could work on a home console. There is so much untapped potential... if I were Nintendo I would assemble a massive team and spend a good few years making it a reality. A big-budget title on a similar scale as say Xenoblade Chronicles could well be Nintendo's new 'killer app'.

It is really puzzling that, given Pokemon's string of successes on handhelds, that there has not been a serious attempt by Nintendo to replicate that success on a home console.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In answer to the original question, yes of course Pokemon could work on a home console. There is so much untapped potential... if I were Nintendo I would assemble a massive team and spend a good few years making it a reality. A big-budget title on a similar scale as say Xenoblade Chronicles could well be Nintendo's new 'killer app'.

It is really puzzling that, given Pokemon's string of successes on handhelds, that there has not been a serious attempt by Nintendo to replicate that success on a home console.

'But it's about portability brah'.

Or it makes sense because Game Freak and Nintendo have access to metrics that we lack.

I still question the idea of "potential" being left. Nothing proposed here can only be done on home consoles, especially since your comparison, Xenoblade Chronicles, is on the 3DS

Or it makes sense because Game Freak and Nintendo have access to metrics that we lack.

I still question the idea of "potential" being left. Nothing proposed here can only be done on home consoles, especially since your comparison, Xenoblade Chronicles, is on the 3DS

Good luck running a game with the scale of Xenoblade (Wii U) on a console like the 3DS.

A portable in a couple of years? Probably.

I can't imagine anything worse.

Having a beautiful game with lots of attention to detail that you can't see because you're playing it on a small screen.

I wouldn't even consider playing a game like Xenoblade on such a poverty screen. That game was designed for a big screen experience.

Nothing proposed here can only be done on home consoles, especially since your comparison, Xenoblade Chronicles, is on the 3DS

But could you have a world the size of The Witcher 3 that looks like Ni No Kuni to work on the 3DS? Or any other portable?

Does this not prove to you that people are suggesting things that can only be done on home consoles at present? Never mind a few years time, right now?

They can be done now as seen with Xenoblade Chronicles

That is not what I asked you though and what your earlier point was referring to.

Somme asked about "a world the size of The Witcher 3 that looks like Ni No Kuni" and you said it couldn't be done on portable.

Within the space of an hour you've now changed back to saying about Xenoblade Chronicles, which is not what is being discussed or what somme asked about, is proof that there is no need for it to be on a home console.

So to make it clear;

- Somme asked about "a world the size of The Witcher 3 that looks like Ni No Kuni"

- You said it could be "probably" be done on a handheld "in a few years"

- Ipso facto, you have said that a Pokémon with "a world the size of The Witcher 3 that looks like Ni No Kuni" could not be done on a handheld at the moment. Thus, it could only be done on a home console.

Although I still point back to my earlier comment - you're the only one saying about it needing to "only be possible on a home console". Most of us are just saying we'd like it on a home console regardless of whether it was the "only" option.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!