NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray Falling

What if things don't get better?

Well...what if things don't get better?

I mean, I used to always be very optimistic. Always had hope and looked at the bright side of things. But lately alot of stuff happened. I may get into some details. But I don't think any good will come from me dumping this load on you.

This is not something out of pity but more to get out part fo how I feel and maybe some of you feel the same way or have a different vision.

But, seriously, what if things don't get better...ever? Are you truely, deeply happy with the way thinsg are now in the world? Are others truely happy? Is this the way it should be? Will there be change? Will it be for the better?

I'm starting to lose hope here ya know...for the world...I don't think life will get better. Humans are too far gone now, and its too late to turn around. Technolgy wise, we are far, but do we need it all? NO! But they tell us we need it anyway now.

For example, you don't fit in if you don't have a cell phone or mp3 player, or a console or whatever.

I feel that the standards for living are waaaay too high now. And for some people (like myself) I feel the standard is too high. And I don't even want to reach that standard. I don't need all that crap.

What I want in life is to be happy. In fact, I think we all want that. Everyone makes his/her own happy. But can you ever reach your goal?

There are things I want in life...things that take time..alot. But taking time in such a world like this is unthinkable. You HAVE to go to school, and you HAVE to get a job and you MUST do your part for this society.

But who decides whats best? And, can one be truely happy in combination with meeting the requirments society asks of you?

Or does it change your life so drastically, aking it harder to reach your goals, that you set new goals, with lower standards, just so you can accomplish them? And will that make you truely happy?

Unfortunatly, like it or not, there is nothing outside society, if you cant make it inside you must certainly wont make it outside... We need society, we cant live with it and we cant live without it either.

Now, there is of course religion. I myself was raised a Christian. As a Christian, we believe that Jesus will return to Earth and everything will be okay again. No more war no more hurt...etc.

I myself, like that idea alot. Though I still have alot of doubts most of the time and I have alot to learn about religion.

On a side note, I know alot of you arent religious, but I ask for respect anyway, to me, and to others who are also religious. And I of course respect anyone who isnt religious too.

Now, as much as I like to believe that everything will be okay...I just cant anymore...recent events in my life made me very insecure about this matter and it is very tempting to just give up hope and just...collapse...

But don't I deserve a happy life? Don't we all deserve to be who or what we want to be?

Is that really possible these days? Or have we gone too far, making it very hard to impossible for people like me and people far worse off to have a appy life?

If you ask me now, this very instance, if I'm happy, I will say..yes I am. Will you ask me, if I'm TRUELY happy, then I will say no.

I cannot be myself, society doesnt give me time to do what I need to do...they expect me to get a job and go to school. While really things are going on that need attention first. 0_0 but is that do-able? Is that allowed?

The answer would be no...or maybe yes...soon I will have the correct answer...will it make me happy? Yes. Will it make me truely happy? No.

I just wonder...will things get better? Will they really? Or will society fall within the next 5 to 10 years?

You may say thats not alot, its too soon. But things change fast my dear friends. Things change really fast. and I don't know who's behind it all. But I don't like it one bit.

I seen the world change in a mere 5 years. Making it nearly impossible to survive...to just be me...

Will things ever be okay?

All we can do is hope...wait and hope...but I can't ever garantuee things will be okay.

Let me just say, if you are out there doing what you love, don't give that up. EVER. You will regret it.

Also, if you see things are going wrong, fight it, as soon as possible. Take that from me.

Thats about it I guess, I don't expect pity, but I do ask for respect, and serious replies. If you can't be serious about this please don't comment and keep it to yourself. Thank you very much.

Hope you're all haveing an excellent week n_n

--Ray

There's just as much good in the world as there is bad. Go with the flow and remember the glass is half full, not empty. You haven't even lived half your life yet and already things are this bad? If you don't alter your mindset than yeah, things aren't going to get better. Sorry Ray, but this is all down to perception.

Everyone fits in their own way, some don't ever bother. Everyone finds contentment and happiness in different things, some in even the darkest of matters. The world around you is a direct product of your own perception, it becomes worse with negative tint sunglasses and better with positive tinted ones. I guess it's easier for people to fault something because usually faults in something are more prominent than good, we take what's good for granted.

Sure, my life isn't a walk in the park. But it isn't -that- bad, and I'm glad to be alive. Take all of your problems and weigh them up to a child who died at the age of two from a tragic disease. Weigh them up to someone who was born blind, or handicapped to the point where an existence to your life's seemingly terrible calibur is impossible. Their shot at life, the life you're calling so bad, is gone. Weigh your problems against theirs Your shit doesn't seem so bad now, does it.

Cheer up, Ray. Good has more letters in it than bad.

This is such a piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttyyyyyy

My only fear is that my beatiful Californian friends don't pick up some sort of Chavvy language from over here. It will truely break my heart.

pardon me while i go and hang myself...

seriously though, things always get better. i've hit some pretty grim lows in my life, but you ALWAYS recover. i can't tell you when things will get better, but i know that they will eventually. hang on in there *hug* sorry if i can't give you any more advice, you've been quite vague. if you need someone to talk to you can pm me at any time :)

There's just as much good in the world as there is bad. Go with the flow and remember the glass is half full, not empty. You haven't even lived half your life yet and already things are this bad? If you don't alter your mindset than yeah, things aren't going to get better. Sorry Ray, but this is all down to perception.

I know that, I know that very well. And I do try to go with the flow, but so far I failed at that.. as a creative person, and as an emotional person, I'm much better off on my own, HOWEVER, as a human being, we all need other people.

My society here has become really bad..shallow and just..nasty. No one cares anymore

I don't just say that. Its true from my point of view yes.

But I'm not giving up here either, I never said I did, I just feel that its becoming very hard. I don't need a boost in ego here I just want opinions.

I just said its very tempting to give up. Though its far from over.

Just have to make the best of things yes, but I don't expect to ever be truely happy.

I probably wanted to say more but thats it for now.

And sorry if I depressed people. I'm hoping to come to a more happy conclusion soon. I always have moments like this. Always have been. Pretty soon I'll probably have the complete opposite of this in mind.

Just right now I feel I need to get this out.

--Ray

pardon me while i go and hang myself...

seriously though, things always get better. i've hit some pretty grim lows in my life, but you ALWAYS recover. i can't tell you when things will get better, but i know that they will eventually. hang on in there *hug* sorry if i can't give you any more advice, you've been quite vague. if you need someone to talk to you can pm me at any time :)

Sorry, I know people here dont like me double posting but I'll fix this as soon as I wake up or something.

Thank you. But again, I dont need advice or help, well I do but I'm seeing a professional soon. I have all the answers inside me...I can always talk myself up again. I help so many other people as well. Tjough part of me is being arrogant and stubborn, most of what I say is true. (not referring to this tread per se)

I'm gonna be okay ...I just need time, just want to know what my place is and what I can do to be truely happy.

Not giving up.

Btw, this isnt teenage angst as I am 20, but in mind I'm alot older, (yes that sound sarrogant probably but I dont expect many to fully understand me as long as you dont know my full life story which I wont bother you all here with)

I'm not even being depressed at this moment, my mind is very clear and this tread is well considered 0_0 or whatever.

I dont spread random depression or happiness, I always base them on my feelingas and experiences. Most of this istruth (though probably doesnt apply to most people)

But its never just random, it comes from somewere, and thats why I can help so many people too (another part of me that I wont get into right now)

Thanks all for your opinions, keep it coming

--Ray

Will things get better? Why should they? Why even care?

Don't hang onto myths and fairy tales, take what you can get and run. It's what I do, and I'm living life in the fast lane!

Just concentrate on giving yourself the greatest treatment possible, and let go of the world around you. Things will go the way they must, so make the most of it.

If we all moaned about the bad stuff in the world, we'd be missing all the good things in life, and believe me..there are plenty of amazing things.

You can enjoy school and your job. I've been working for 2 weeks in a primary school, and i've enjoyed every second of it. I'm now looking forward even more to becoming a teacher. Life is what you make of it. You can have a job you like, it's all about preference.

There's more to life than worrying about religion. I know this as much as anybody, religion causes so many problems. Thing is, if you keep worrying about the bad stuff, it overshadows the good things, which just means you end up feeling unhappy when you could potentially be in an amazing mood.

Of course you can have a happy life. But it's you who has to make it good. You can't rely on the world to change to fit in with your plans. Sometimes you have to struggle to get the things you really want, but that just makes the end product all that more sweeter.

I hope i've made sense.

From skim-reading your first post, fuck 'em. Screw the tossers and rape the church. Everything I see is messed up, usually the people, but everything else, yeah, I have no hope for anything else. I have never once in my life been truly happy, and I doubt I ever will be. And it's their fault, so fuck them, all of them. I'm not sure what you were on about but I have a good idea. Erm... what atif said really :P

Every Human will have struggles in there life, some more then others, but there won't be one person who won't get problems and struggles in there life, but we have them for a reason, we have these problems to make our selfs stronger, and to learn how to cope with things in life.

No one ever said everyones life is gunna be happy, you have to make it happy.

If we all moaned about the bad stuff in the world, we'd be missing all the good things in life, and believe me..there are plenty of amazing things.

You can enjoy school and your job. I've been working for 2 weeks in a primary school, and i've enjoyed every second of it. I'm now looking forward even more to becoming a teacher. Life is what you make of it. You can have a job you like, it's all about preference.

There's more to life than worrying about religion. I know this as much as anybody, religion causes so many problems. Thing is, if you keep worrying about the bad stuff, it overshadows the good things, which just means you end up feeling unhappy when you could potentially be in an amazing mood.

Of course you can have a happy life. But it's you who has to make it good. You can't rely on the world to change to fit in with your plans. Sometimes you have to struggle to get the things you really want, but that just makes the end product all that more sweeter.

I hope i've made sense.

This made alot of sense and I do agree. And yes there are many great thinsg in life.

I myself always say: "It always looks like theres more bad stuff, but thats cause its easier for bad stuff to show itself, the good stuff has a hard time getting noticed" Something like that anyway.

But yeah I still agree its a matter of perspective. I myself have set my goals, but right now life caught up with me and my past haunts me even now. Making it at this very moment nearly impossible for me to continue fighting for my dreams.

Sometimes we set our goals, but it doenst mean those goals are the best for us...

I wrote a story about that on deviantart.

Its quite a nice story if I say so myself, the words just came I never even expected to write it...it has lots of metafores too.

Its here: "The journey so far"

I dont expect you to read it, its fairly long, but very much worth it I promise. If you made it this far then reading that would help understand me better maybe.

I also agree on what you said about religion. Though I was raised a Christian, I havent always been active in religion. Part of me does believe (or do I, maybe its just imprinted in my brain when I was a kid) but a big part of me just..doesnt.

Challenges in life made me very strong, but that also had its downsides... MAybe I'm not the type of persdon for religion. But so far I tried everything in life, so I figured, why not give religion another shot?

T_T still dealing with that, its along journey but we'll see. First thinsg first.

I cannot enjoy a job or school however, like you said, that is because of personal reasons, so I do understand that in general that can be possible. Just not for me at the moment for various reasons. not trying to talk myself down, just being real and facing facts,

I have an extra chain on me, making life harder. Not saying that makes me better or special, and I know others are worse off, but its still there, and I need to deal with that.

Thank you for sharing your view. I do agree with alot you said, and I already came up with that myself. So you just confirmed what I already knew which makes it more true (I like confirmation on the truth)

(btw I realize I'mbeing vague here sorry. and also for double posting, again, I'l fix that soon maybe, its a discussion after all)

Uhm thats it for now again. Gonna see what other people wrote. Glad to see you are enjoying life though, adds to the hope n_~

--Ray

Seriously, life isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. I love life. Sure, it's like a rollercoaster, suddenly you're on a high, then you sink to a low. But, the best times are when you're on a low and you cheer up and you feel absolutely invincible. That's what being alive is all about. If every second in your life is a happy moment, you would get incredibly bored and you would just crave more. It's good to have balance where you have some good times and some bad times, because then you will experience both emotions.

Sure, i've had many problems, but i know that i've had many truely amazing moments. It's just the way things work. Life isn't all doom and gloom. But it isn't a laugh a minute either. It can be stressful, but it can feel like freedom. It's meant to be all of these things. But, as the Oasis song "cigarettes and alcohol" goes:

"you gotta make it happen".

So make it happen.

I'm happeir right now than I think I have been in a long time/ever. Everything seems to be going just fine, nothing has gone wrong. Obviously Uni on Sunday could change that ;)

But right now I just do what I want to do and it rules.

Speaking of technology and all that jazz, the only thing that worried me recently is that Scientists believe Global Warming has crossed the threshold into ireeparable damage, with predictions that this Winter alone there will be around 18.2% less ice if current trends are anything to go by.

But I don't preoccupy myself with these things. I think it was some Philosopher who said 'Things can only get better' (Now I've found you, things can only get, can only get etc).

The world's sunk into a rut. A rut where the majority and the popularity always wins. Stupidity defeats logic and a leader is no longer liable. Who supports this? What's the 'in' thing? How can I be accepted? What can I change about myself to conform to the world around me? All questioned asked by today's people. The old wish to be young and the young act like they're old. Nobody wants to be where they are, always wanting more, to be different, to be the same. I don't think things will ever change as long as the human race is dominant of our planet. As we spin the tires that are life, we'll only keep digging ourselves deeper in the mudhole. What we need is a disaster to wipe the planet of our life and allow evolution to bring a more superior, primitive life form to domination. Start the cycle over. Inhumnane? Not if humanity ceases to exist, to influence, to destroy.

don't really know if that's at all the right subject, but that's what I got from it...

I agree with all of that too. There are many ways to look at this. From the worlds point of view, humans are causeing all that is bad. What seems to be best for the world is for all humans to die. Not something the masses will like to hear. And personally I dont want to die either. But from that point of view, yes though be it extreme, it rings truth. An objective point of view that is.

Btw, I said it many times, on the old CE too. I only need my two thinsg in life to be happy.

I have aquired one of those things. The other was just flushed down the drain when school emailed me and I got slapped in the face with a fish by reality many a time.

I also agree with the person who said life isnt easy for anyone, and we mess up so we learn and to grow strong.

I been through alot in my life, and the past 7 months have been heaven and hell. I been down so many times, and got up stronger everytime. But enough is enough thanks.

I know what I want in life, I can leave my stuff now, walk away, and my life will be complete, and I will be truely happy. BUT; in the end, society will come knocking on my door, asking me to pay the taxes, asking me to get a job, play my part, vote.

I have all the ingredients to make a truely happy life... I just cant put them together and make it work....

--Ray

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

"No human thing is of serious importance."

"You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters."

And the greatest:

"The man who makes everything that leads to happiness depends upon himself, and not upon other men, has adopted the very best plan for living happily. This is the man of moderation, the man of manly character and of wisdom. "

Heed the words of Plato. Over 2 millenia old, yet he still remains to be years ahead of the pack.

I'm living life in the fast lane!

Posting on a European Nintendo fansite's message board? :D

Sorry dude, couldn't resist. ^_^ (A suitably scathing response would be "Compared to working for one?") :)

Anyway, to Ray Falling's posts. I feel like that sometimes (probably because I'm a student bumming around in my gap year spending an hour or so a day working for a European Nintendo fansite :)) But there are good times and special people. You just gotta go and find them.

Sorry dude, couldn't resist. ^_^ (A suitably scathing response would be "Compared to working for one?") :)

Anyway, to Ray Falling's posts. I feel like that sometimes (probably because I'm a student bumming around in my gap year spending an hour or so a day working for a European Nintendo fansite :)) But there are good times and special people. You just gotta go and find them.

I agree. Problem is, I found those people, just cant reach them as it is. Life has been bad for me yes, but its been awesome too, special since I came to deviantart. I learned so many freaking life lessons in so little time, its not even funny. The people I met these past months, I'd die for em, they mean so much to me T_T just so frustrated that they're either out of reach or stuff happens to make me lose em. I need to get outta the country T_T and fast.

Holland is not the right country for me.

The greatest thing in life that can happen to someone is falling in love. There's many great things, but nothing can measure up to love. Sure we shouldn't hold out on everything for love because that's depriving us of other great things, but when it comes it's a great feeling. Thing that sucks is finding out they do not love you back...

Basically as F_LiNk said "Make it happen"

Sorry for double posting again. It's just for comfort now, not intended as spam anyway.

I agree. Love is awesome. And thats part of my problem. I have found love, and she loves me back. I'm in a working long distance relationship. And that makes me sooo freaking happy. I love my girl more than anything. But the one thing that can make me truely happy is to be with her.

But for that I'd need to leave behidn home (which I dont have a problem with) but it will cost MONEY, that damn thing thats keeping our world spinning nowadays.

For me to be able to support myself and my girl, I'd need cahs, which means school, job etc etc. Right now in life, this isnt do-able for me. Its all cause of money, and all cause of society. Part is my fault too yes, but there are alot of other factors in life that add up.

Gottamake it happen, I agree, its just very demotivating if you keep fighting for so long and everytime you fail, get up stronger only to fail again.

I been fighting for 17 years now ( I never count the first 4 years of my life cause I was just a damn kid) But yeah, one gets pretty tired of that.

The past 5 years I been fighting the hardest. 0_0 Just now I hit a new low, and now its time to stop, back away, see what we got thats broken, and see what we can do to fix it.

T_T just so frustrating...I need time...the world doesnt give me time...

(If only society was based on love and not greed) sorry thatwas random but yeah fuck the world...T_T

--Ray

Oh you fiesty demon!

But I can assure you, I get upto many other activities away from the land of high speed information. Set sail for albion, we haven't reached eternal bliss yet.

I agree. Problem is, I found those people, just cant reach them as it is. Life has been bad for me yes, but its been awesome too, special since I came to deviantart. I learned so many freaking life lessons in so little time, its not even funny. The people I met these past months, I'd die for em, they mean so much to me T_T just so frustrated that they're either out of reach or stuff happens to make me lose em. I need to get outta the country T_T and fast.

Holland is not the right country for me.

That's a lesson I've learned from the internet. I've got to know a couple of people online, who I've talked to everyday.. I always manage to like the people who are furthest away, heh.

I wish you the very best with your long distance thing dude, I really do. I learnt the hard way a couple of years ago they weren't for me though.

But then it sounds like you've got a better girl than I had. :hmm:

All the best for your steps backward to re-evaluate.

That's a lesson I've learned from the internet. I've got to know a couple of people online, who I've talked to everyday.. I always manage to like the people who are furthest away, heh.

I wish you the very best with your long distance thing dude, I really do. I learnt the hard way a couple of years ago they weren't for me though.

But then it sounds like you've got a better girl than I had. :hmm:

All the best for your steps backward to re-evaluate.

Thank you very much for your kindness. And yeah I agree, its very easy to get attached to people who are far away. I talk to most of my DA friends, even the ones I "met" 7 months ago. These are truely magnificent people. And I truely believe me meeting them was meant to be. I picked up alot this way. It all fits if I look back now. Its almost..perfect.

Luckily my past experiences have thought me that there are risks attached to meeting people online, I;m fully aware of everything which softens the blow when things get rough, which is ace really n_n

I'm sorry to hear yours didnt work out, its a risky thing this long distance stuff, but I'm willing to put all at risk here for this girl. If you're gonna fight for life, might as well give it your all right? I'm not stupid though, and neither is this girl. We arranged everything perfectly, and are prepared for the worst n_n. This is just one thing I want to make in my life. This has tow ork, and it will, I'll make sure n_n

Thanks again, and best of luck to you too

--Ray

I agree that the planet and humankind are in terminal decline at the moment , but really is it worth stressing over. A lot of these things you have little or no control over , so why worry about them.

Maybe that kind of apathy is contributing to it , but I honestly believe in living a life for your own satisfaction and not anybody elses. Human beings as a race are designed to abuse others weaknesses so cannot be trusted , the only person you can truly rely upon is yourself.

My life has been far from easy or happy BUT I wouldn't have had it any other way , as it has given me an appreciation of the happier times and made me who I am today.

Just always remind yourself that there is probably millions of people worldwide in a worse position than you , so there is that to be grateful for.

I respect your religious viewpoint , but TBH I wouldn't put too mauch faith in that ,as the Christian faith with its contradictions is designed to belittle you and gives you guildlines for life that are cetainly not relevant today - and dont forget 90% of the worlds troubles are caused by religion (that tells you something).

No-one knows what the future may hold , so dont waste your life thinking about it - live day to day and for your own satisfaction and you cannot go far wrong.

Ray, your posts have been so vague, that i wasnt sure if you was particularly annoyed with Capitalism or something more personal.

I will try to make this short as i need to go to bed soon.

It sounds like you had some big plan to form a future together with your girlfriend and now its kinda broken down and you feel resentment towards society for the emphasis it places on money (which is so needed for long distance relationships). I have been in a long distance relationship for some time now and im currently having problems with it, my heart is all over the place.

I could tell you that life also has many great things and many wonderful people (you just dont see it on the news and with leaders like Bush you have little hope), however it doesnt seem that you really need an alround hope, your bad words seem more a side-affect of the fustration you're feeling for the plan not working out and fears of not having a future with the one you love.

If things are meant to be and you both really want it then it will happen someway in time. Life can throw you all over the place, but if both you and your partner want a future together, then it will happen in time, maybe just a bit longer than you expected.

It's not always easy, but try and keep your chin up, dont let depression walk into your life and make things much worse. What has happened is only a "set-back", it doesnt mean you now have no chance for what you want.

Okay, i've done my "Mary Poppin's" moment, who knows it might be the one writing depressing messages in a few weeks. PM me if you want to chat.

I agree that the planet and humankind are in terminal decline at the moment , but really is it worth stressing over. A lot of these things you have little or no control over , so why worry about them.

Maybe that kind of apathy is contributing to it , but I honestly believe in living a life for your own satisfaction and not anybody elses. Human beings as a race are designed to abuse others weaknesses so cannot be trusted , the only person you can truly rely upon is yourself.

My life has been far from easy or happy BUT I wouldn't have had it any other way , as it has given me an appreciation of the happier times and made me who I am today.

Just always remind yourself that there is probably millions of people worldwide in a worse position than you , so there is that to be grateful for.

I respect your religious viewpoint , but TBH I wouldn't put too mauch faith in that ,as the Christian faith with its contradictions is designed to belittle you and gives you guildlines for life that are cetainly not relevant today - and dont forget 90% of the worlds troubles are caused by religion (that tells you something).

No-one knows what the future may hold , so dont waste your life thinking about it - live day to day and for your own satisfaction and you cannot go far wrong.

You make a valid point. (multiple even) But its not just that I worry about things, I'm facing them, and they are, RIGHT NOW, at this very moment, intervering with my way of life. Holding me back, blinding me, keeping me from using my full potential.

I agree with you on what you said about religion, though I know many of my friends would leave me for saying this: religion just doenst feel right for me, I guess life turned me into a person like that. I want to give it a try, but I'm just not feeling it yet. I'm gonna keep trying, cause if there is a God then he knows me through and through, and my thoughts have already betrayed me.

Btw, just to clarify things, I'm not worried about global warming and stuff that treathens the earth. I'm just pissed off for always haveing to be in the middle of things, and having to make choices I dont want to make, and hsouldnt have to make. I want to live my life my way, but yeah, if I like it or not, I do live in society, which means I'll have to adapt on some level. But a person with my character....that just doesnt work for me...

Thank you for sharing your view. I like the "live day to day part" my uncle told me that too (whom btw is very religious and seems to benefit from that alot) and some others too, I like it, but I'm also realistic, and I care about having a future.

--Ray

Sign in to follow this