NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Starfox Guard

This actually looks more interesting to me than SF Zero. :heh:

I'm interested in seeing just how intricate the stage creation aspect is, get a feeling it's gonna be pretty basic though.

I was part listening to the direct and part gaming when I heard the words online and starfox guard.

After the event I found out that the online was sharing levels with your friends. :(

Why can we not play this sort of game online Nintendo?

I was part listening to the direct and part gaming when I heard the words online and starfox guard.

After the event I found out that the online was sharing levels with your friends. :(

Why can we not play this sort of game online Nintendo?

It's not a multiplayer game is it?

I thought that this from Serebii was suggesting that it was:

You can even create stages to face against your friends

But even if it is not, it looks like it could be. Surely it is what they were banging on about at the start of the Wii U's lifespan - asymmetric gameplay. One player is the guard and the other players have to invade.

It feels a bit like someone said to Miyamoto - this is not really going anywhere is it? Kick it out the door.

I thought that this from Serebii was suggesting that it was:

But even if it is not, it looks like it could be. Surely it is what they were banging on about at the start of the Wii U's lifespan - asymmetric gameplay. One player is the guard and the other players have to invade.

It feels a bit like someone said to Miyamoto - this is not really going anywhere is it? Kick it out the door.

It's more of a puzzle game, and you can create puzzles for your friends to play; no active control on the robots. Sort of reminds me of a Chu Chu Rocket type game.

But yeah, a twist to add in a new mode would be amazing. A great stealth game where the player has to look at the camera and the other play hide behind walls and such. Problem with that is it would need two gamepads.

I must admit I never really got the game. I think I was turning the game into something I wanted more than something it actually is. :grin:

Seems the preview embargo is up on this now.

It looks like so much fun.

Is there a retail version of this game or is it download only?

Retail but it gives a download code.

First print Star Fox Zero special edition has it on a disc though

Retail but it gives a download code.

First print Star Fox Zero special edition has it on a disc though

So the "retail" version I bought from nintendo is actually just a code...? Will I get gold coins for it? Otherwise it's kind of pointless doing it.

So the "retail" version I bought from nintendo is actually just a code...? Will I get gold coins for it? Otherwise it's kind of pointless doing it.

I believe download codes give you gold coins, yeah

Yeah THANKS @Ashley, great review... ;)

Ha I realised that at like 1:30am! I need to go change that now.

Sorry, it was Jonathan that reviewed it. Just me that put it up on the site (which is the real work).

Edited by Ashley

Looking forward to getting stuck into this one shortly. Looks like tons of fun :)

Just played a quick bit of this before I go for my morning run. It's so charming. I'm loving it so far.

So nobody's talking about this.

Anyone playing through it? I'm gradually going on. It's not something I can sit and play an hour or so of in one go...I'm doing it in quick bursts.

Half way through Titania at the moment. Enjoying it a fair bit

I could talk about it if you want.

I don't own it, but I could give it a fair go?

Had a go, seems pretty good to me. Great little puzzler, but only done a few puzzles so far.

Finally got round to giving it a go. Fun little TD game. Haven't found it very hard though; beaten Corneria and I'm hoping that it gets tougher...

Sign in to follow this