N-Europe

Hardware: Rivals

Fierce_LiNk

That one playlist they had? You know, the one where one team has tanks, the other has buggies? The one which is called "Overpowered? Let's settle this once and for all"?

Tanks are supposed to be overpowered.

Well, 5 matches...every match ended with the tanks owning everything.

So, yeah? It's settled...

Not enjoying this game for more than one match. :blank: Hopefully future patches will make Hardware: Rivals better :)

That one playlist they had? You know, the one where one team has tanks, the other has buggies? The one which is called "Overpowered? Let's settle this once and for all"?

Tanks are supposed to be overpowered.

Well, 5 matches...every match ended with the tanks owning everything.

So, yeah? It's settled...

Not enjoying this game for more than one match. :blank: Hopefully future patches will make Hardware: Rivals better :)

I think it's pretty well balanced actually. I mean the tanks obviously have a strength advantage, but they are also much slower than the fast attack vehicles.

A good F.A.V. player can definitely do well against tanks, providing they make effective use of that extra speed/maneuverability.

I've spent the majority of time playing this game using the F.A.V., and have owned many tanks. ;)

Still can't get those bloody x3 kill or friend challenge bronze trophies though. :indeed:

At this rate I'll earn the final gold trophy (1000 kills) before getting either of those. :hehe:

Still can't get those bloody x3 kill or friend challenge bronze trophies though. :indeed:

At this rate I'll earn the final gold trophy (1000 kills) before getting either of those. :hehe:

The x3 trophy seems to unlock most of the time it you do it with the laser weapon. The trophy is glitchy when trying to do it with one of the map specific weapons.

The x3 trophy seems to unlock most of the time it you do it with the laser weapon. The trophy is glitchy when trying to do it with one of the map specific weapons.
I saw a vid on YouTube where someone triggers airstrike and then chucks a load of bombs inside the bunker, that combination apparently works well too.

Something's definitely not quite right with it (and the friend challenge trophy) though.

Is it possible for trophies (or rather, how they unlock) to be modified via a patch? :blank:

I see your score @RedShell and raise you...

image_zpsbkk13b8x.jpeg

Incidentally, this was the match where I finally unlocked the Splash Damage trophy. I see you nabbed it as well! Good stuff! I think the new patch that was released today must have sorted it out. I'm also finding that games are full now, so I assume they have sorted the matchmaking out too.

@RedShell after the patch do you now get kicked back to the main screen after every match? The games are now full but it's annoying not being able to stay in the same lobby.

Just reached 700 kills. I'm getting there....

Yep. Think I'm also getting more connection problems now than before too. :indeed:

Currently at 963 kills, so the platinum is in sight. Or at least it would be, if the bloody challenge trophy would pop already! :heh:

*EDIT*

1000 kills GET... Trophy list 98% complete. Grrrrr!

Edited by RedShell

Got the platinum this morning. I'm glad it's over, TBH. The new update has really screwed the servers up. Constant disconnects, host migration broken, lag, game crashing and being stuck in the loading screen have killed the enjoyment I was having. The game is quite a mess at the moment.

That's why I'll wait to play this again. Tried some matches last night but it was horrible :shakehead

The game needed more time. 6-12 months longer development to include more vehicles, improve servers/matchmaking and add more features.

It was free on PS+ so I won't complain too much :D

I've just booted this up and tried two games.

Tbh, I'm a bit disappointed. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I don't know if my weapons are doing any damage at all, or if I'm even "locked on" to enemies. I can't really tell who is on my team and who isn't. I'm assuming the ones with the red square box in front of them are my enemies and that I'm locking on, right? There appears to be no enemy health bar, so how am I meant to know if I'm doing any damage or not? Is the point of the game to get more kills than the enemy or is there more to it than that?

This game needs some kind of tutorial when you first start it up. Battlefront did it and it explained the mechanics reaaaally well, so you weren't going into it blind.

It's also veeeery slow getting into a game.

Edit: Fucking LOL. So, there is a training section, but it's the absolutely end of the game options menu. Literally, it's the option right at the end, off screen, so you don't even know it's there. Why isn't it given its own separate section or why aren't you guided towards it when you play it for the first time? Fucking retarded.

Just played a few more games and ended up with about 5 kills in each one. Don't really know if I did anything different. Hope it grows on me as it looks beautiful and I want to enjoy it.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Tbh in the Beta I recall doing the tutorial, hence I went looking for it when I fired this up again at the weekend - I agree it's in a slightly silly/difficult place(I was looking elsewhere first) but I can half understand it being at the end of options so that you don't then everytime you go into the menu end up having to scroll past it. However that's something they very very easily could have implemented otherwise or actually had it in the top menu.

I had a few rookie matches and enjoyed it - feels like some real old school basic sort of fun. Feels a bit clunky to control but I can dig that with the vibe of the game.

A new update has arrived and fixes a few things.

New free update:

Below is the rundown of changes in 1.07 - we hope you enjoy it and we’ll see you over the weekend!

• Two new vehicles: Barbarian Tank and Scarab FAV
  • New add-ons for all vehicles
  • New game modes and events added
  • Autoplay reinstated - players will continue to play together for consecutive rounds.
  • Visual tweaks to in-game SP and XP and end-game screen
  • Small tweaks to the Tutorial
  • Additional “Basic” control scheme added for new players
  • Improvements to networking and matchmaking
  • General bug fixes