N-Europe

The Super Smash Bros Series Daily Challenges Thread

Dcubed

Still a good amount of time to submit your entry for this one...

I'm not gonna be able to post my own attempt till late at night tonight, so today's challenge will be ending very late today ;)

Looking forward to the next one :smile:

I'm genuinely having loads of fun with this and it's making me do things I never really bothered with before. I just hope I can stay competitive :heh:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a good amount of time to submit your entry for this one...

I'm not gonna be able to post my own attempt till late at night tonight, so today's challenge will be ending very late today ;)

How late exactly?

I ran into a little... trouble yesterday as I loaded up my N64 cartridge only to find there was less data on it than I originally remembered... a whole two unlockable characters less data to be precise. :blush:

So I then spent over an hour trying to beat 1 Player mode with three lives, no continues to unlock Ness, I thought the stick on my "trusty" green controller was a bit off, tried my original Grey controller which I then found out still works well but by that time it was pretty late so I decided to just give up... yeah, turns out I'm really not that great at the original Super Smash Bros at all. :indeed:

But if there's still time then... I'll give it another go! : peace:

Even if/when I unlock Ness though it will only be the start of the pain, as I seem to suck at break the targets AND board the platforms in the version too... :laughing:

Buuuuuut... I'm a sucker for punishment, so here we gooooooo! : peace:

Annnnnnnd an hour and a half later I still can't do it, not even as Samus :( Oh Ms Aran, forgive me for I have brought shame upon your name!

Oh well, at least I tried. ::shrug:

I had fun playing Super Smash Bros. again, the game in the series which I'm the least familiar with so it's not a complete loss. : peace:

Edited by S.C.G

Your Ness time sucks @Glen\-i ;)

My%20Great%20Capture%20Screenshot%202015-11-26%2022-24-09_zpsviosevtj.png

Also Mario is good at platforming, who knew?

My%20Great%20Capture%20Screenshot%202015-11-26%2022-23-22_zpsgilbpzs4.png

By my calculations that makes the NTSC time to beat, 42:33 :awesome:

How late exactly?

I ran into a little... trouble yesterday as I loaded up my N64 cartridge only to find there was less data on it than I originally remembered... a whole two unlockable characters less data to be precise. :blush:

So I then spent over an hour trying to beat 1 Player mode with three lives, no continues to unlock Ness, I thought the stick on my "trusty" green controller was a bit off, tried my original Grey controller which I then found out still works well but by that time it was pretty late so I decided to just give up... yeah, turns out I'm really not that great at the original Super Smash Bros at all. :indeed:

But if there's still time then... I'll give it another go! : peace:

Even if/when I unlock Ness though it will only be the start of the pain, as I seem to suck at break the targets AND board the platforms in the version too... :laughing:

Buuuuuut... I'm a sucker for punishment, so here we gooooooo! : peace:

Annnnnnnd an hour and a half later I still can't do it, not even as Samus :( Oh Ms Aran, forgive me for I have brought shame upon your name!

Oh well, at least I tried. ::shrug:

I had fun playing Super Smash Bros. again, the game in the series which I'm the least familiar with so it's not a complete loss. : peace:

Ahh man, that's just bad :laughing:

You've gotta get back in there!

I'll probably let this contest run up until midnight, just to give people a chance to get in one last time (that means you Glen-i ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

Ahh man, that's just bad :laughing:

You've gotta get back in there!

I'll probably let this contest run up until midnight, just to give people a chance to get in one last time (that means you Glen-i ;) )

It is rather awful isn't it? :(

OK! Well I've just taken a half hour break so, I shall make a cuppa and give it one last try! : peace:

From now until midnight, or just after, I will do my best. :)

Well it looks like I have broken Glen-i's winning streak as he has failed to beat my NTSC time.

Congrats to nekunando for his very impressive PAL time : peace:

But with that, comes your 4th challenge!

Smash-Bros-Daily-Challenge-Day-4_zpsmf2e5ygo.jpg

It's back to Melee for Home Run Contest!

If you think you're getting away with using that old trick with those two characters for those utterly ludicrous distances, you can think again ;)

So with the exception of Ganondorf and Captain Falcon (because really, you wouldn't bother picking anyone else otherwise!), it's classic Home Run Contest fun!

Wind up, and let Mr Sandbag fly! (he likes it anyway; no really it's true! Read the trophy description ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

It is rather awful isn't it? :(

There's no shame in it, dude : peace:

I knew the unlock requirements earlier in the year when I was playing through the N64 version and tried to unlock Ness at every single opportunity as I played through with each character.. and it still wasn't enough! I had to keep playing it until I finally managed it, but I found it to be an extremely difficult challenge.

Thank goodness I did keep at it, though, or I wouldn't have been able to take part in this challenge :grin:

Well, as you might have guessed, I didn't manage to do it in time, I couldn't even beat the game on Normal without using one continue...

:blank:

But I did at the very least finish the game, in honour of Satoru Iwata. : peace:

29naxl4.jpg

And I did it as my favourite character of course. :awesome:

20adngj.jpg

I'll definitely be up for the next challenge as Melee was definitely one of the Super Smash Bros. titles that I recall being at least fairly decent at. :)

By my standards anyway... :indeed:

It's back to Melee for Home Run Contest!

So with the exception of Ganondorf and Captain Falcon (because really, you wouldn't bother picking anyone else otherwise!), it's classic Home Run Contest fun!

Wind up, and let Mr Sandbag fly! (he likes it anyway; no really it's true! Read the trophy description ;) )

Oh hey, finally, a Melee challenge. And my best distance was with someone other than Ganondorf or Falcon!

In fact, I might try to outdo that old record before taking the picture.

...I hate Home-Run Contest...

Still, it'd be pretty unsporting of me to not take part.

Uhh, @Dcubed, isn't the American version scored under a different unit of measurement to the PAL one?

You're gonna have to do some calculations.

It does indeed use feet instead of meters. It's a very simple conversion though :p

I got a new record! After all those years!

2015-11-27%2020.38.35_zpsf75h0zls.jpg

605.8 metres! With Yoshi! My previous record was, like, 500.

2015-11-27%2020.38.52_zpsbqhx5vif.jpg

Yes, I'm "John" in Melee. That's what happens when they don't allow a 6-character name.

Also, I've just realized this is literally the only picture I took where Yoshi appears.

2015-11-27%2020.39.01_zpstzezr1ya.jpg

A closer look at the number. As you can see, 5386.8 metre total proves that this is my 13-year old file.

Not that it matters to you, but it matters to me!

Yosh!

You're a horrible human being :blank:

That's partly true, the other part is horrible timing.

When I realised Jonnas posted saying he broke his Yoshi record after years, I thought, "Well, I'm gonna look evil no matter what now, might as well go the full hog!"

That's partly true, the other part is horrible timing.

When I realised Jonnas posted saying he broke his Yoshi record after years, I thought, "Well, I'm gonna look evil no matter what now, might as well go the full hog!"

S'allright. I just remember all those years ago, barely managing better than 500m, and now, I got 605, and fairly easily. It's a mark of personal growth and improvement.

...It doesn't mean I won't try to do better than 700 m, now.

And with that, day 4 comes to an end! Congrats to Glen-i for the win (and Jonnas for breaking his own personal best! : peace:)

Now it's time for your final challenge...

Presenting... Day 5!

Smash-Bros-Daily-Challenge-Day-5_zpspbuhsucp.jpg

Intense is no walk in the park, so good luck with that one!

If nobody manages to beat all 10 bosses, then the person who defeats the most bosses wins! :D

Still, I'll try to get a decent time.

...Turns out, I didn't. I could only reach Tabuu and avoid the first ring. Thankfully, I already had a record.

2015-11-28%2013.16.23_zpswjuvorai.jpg

7m25s. Not a bad time, but with the way I was playing today, I bet I could complete it in 4 or 5 minutes. It takes me around 3-4 minutes to reach Tabuu, it's dodging his rings that gives me trouble.

I also have an Intense result with Fox, but it's around the 9 minute mark. I tried to play with him again, but his blaster deals damage too slowly. It's clear I can't get the times I can get with the Zelda/Sheik team

So yeah, I kinda want to keep trying, but this will have to do for now.