NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Valkyria Chronicles PS4 (17th May)

CUAP3OqUsAAzzA0.jpg:orig

CUARAZmUcAAKYI6.jpg:orig

The original PS3 game is getting remastered for the PS4 and the new game in the series, Valkyria of the Blue Revolution, is also heading to the PS4.

The name was trademarked in the EU a little while ago as . It was trademarked as Valkyria: Azure Revolution, so a Western release seems likely.

It's an SRPG. Like a really pretty Fire Emblem, if Fire Emblem took place during a fictionalized version of WW2 and people kept shooting at you when it was your turn instead of just standing around.

Never played, always wanted to, can't wait! : peace:

I got this when it came to PC, but since I never play PC I didn't give it much of a shot. Might jump in again on PS4 if the price is right. I found it a bit cumbersome to start with though. I'd much prefer a XCOM 2 to be coming to PS4 :D

PS4 version of VC1 is almost certainly a quick N' dirty port of the PC version, given the description and swift release. So don't expect any visual upgrades outside of resolution and 60FPS.

The port itself is very solid on PC though, so I'm sure the PS4 version will be perfectly fine :)

Was disappointed to hear that Valkyria OTBR wasn't an SRPG made by the Valkyria team, but rather it's a traditional RPG made by Media Vision that is set in a different world; but at least it's something new with the Valkyria name!

At least it means that they haven't given up on Valkyria! (hey! Maybe it means that we're more likely to see VC 2 and 3 get English language remasters on PC/PS4 as well?)

PS4 version of VC1 is almost certainly a quick N' dirty port of the PC version, given the description and swift release. So don't expect any visual upgrades outside of resolution and 60FPS.

The port itself is very solid on PC though, so I'm sure the PS4 version will be perfectly fine :)

Was disappointed to hear that Valkyria OTBR wasn't an SRPG made by the Valkyria team, but rather it's a traditional RPG made by Media Vision that is set in a different world; but at least it's something new with the Valkyria name!

At least it means that they haven't given up on Valkyria! (hey! Maybe it means that we're more likely to see VC 2 and 3 get English language remasters on PC/PS4 as well?)

My reaction was the other way around. I much prefer traditional JRPGs over SRPGs. :D

Bit off topic but @Hero\-of\-Time have you played Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky?

Bit off topic but @Hero\-of\-Time have you played Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky?

Nah, not yet. I've heard great things about it but didn't want to invest my time into the first game because I wasn't sure if we would get the others.

Why do you ask?

Just your mention of traditional JRPGs, I was thinking about picking it up as something to get lost in for a bit but I've not read many first-hand opinions.

Trails in the Sky is a well-written game, but the pace is pretty glacial. It's worth playing if you like traditional JRPGs, especially now that the sequel has been translated.

Although I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne?

As for Valkyria Chronicles, I'm really disappointed to hear this won't be an SRPG. *Sigh*

A strategy RPG, like Fire Emblem or Disgaea. I don't know if that answers your question. :p

Although I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be playing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne?

PS2 belonged to my ex and is gone now :/ I did beat Persona and Persona 2: IS though :)

Glacial pacing... does not appeal... unless the story and characters are good enough. Could do with a... PC "demo"... :blank:

Just remembered I also bought Stein's Gate when it came out and never played it :x

PS2 belonged to my ex and is gone now :/ I did beat Persona and Persona 2: IS though :)

You, erm, know there's Another Persona 2 game, right?

And you could always just play Nocturne on an emulator. :hehe:

Glacial pacing... does not appeal... unless the story and characters are good enough. Could do with a... PC "demo"... :blank:

Nah, it's worth it, but it takes ages for it to get going. I was really eager to play the sequel after finishing the first game, but now it's been four years and I think I'll have to replay Trails in the Sky first.

Just remembered I also bought Stein's Gate when it came out and never played it :x

Me too! :sad:

That sucks :( do you want/need another PS2? If you're interested I can hook you up with one as I have one or two spare consoles around; PM me if so, just a thought anyway. : peace:

On the subject of Valkyria Chronicles, I will surely pick this up for certain as I've seen the PS3 game many times, yet not purchased it and I can't work out why... probably because I already have many games to play but still, I'm definitely interested in playing it so this new release will surely be ideal. :D

I also think this should stay as a SRPG rather than an RPG. The whole "it's Advance Wars but 3D" thing was what made this game special, and really why everyone was excited for a sequel in the first place. Who knows whether as a normal RPG this will even work.

That said, if it was like SRPG battles but with an RPG story/exploration, that'd be so sweet.

I also think this should stay as a SRPG rather than an RPG. The whole "it's Advance Wars but 3D" thing was what made this game special, and really why everyone was excited for a sequel in the first place. Who knows whether as a normal RPG this will even work.

See, I read this and it makes me think "why have I not played this already?" I love Advance Wars, when Batallion Wars first came out, that was supposed to be "Advance Wars but in 3D" I thought... it still turned out well but it didn't quite seem to be the case.

If this is at all similar to AW then I have a feeling that I will enjoy it, obviously I'll wait for the PS4 release now, but if I happen to see a cheap PS3 copy of it in the meantime then I'd still likely pick it up. :)

That sucks :( do you want/need another PS2? If you're interested I can hook you up with one as I have one or two spare consoles around; PM me if so, just a thought anyway. : peace:

That's a cool offer man :) but it's not like I'm just scraping by, give it getwellgamers.org.uk instead?

One of the reasons I didn't really get into VC is that the first few missions were kinda dull... tutorial... fight enemies... tutorial... run from enemies... tutorial... OP hax tank.

It never looked anything like those screenshots above. If I knew Kirito from SAO was going to show up with his trenchcoat and sword I might've kept playing!

The remaster is heading to western shores this Spring.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is coming to the Americas and Europe both physically and digitally this spring, Sega announced. It will cost $29.99 / CA$44.99.

Very happy to see confirmation of this. The PS4 lineup for Q1 is already stacked and now this is coming as well. :yay:

Sign in to follow this