NEurope
Hogge

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

So the Wolf Link "Dungeon" is basically the Cave of Ordeals but with Wolf Link only. Cool, a nice bonus :)

The Ganondorf Amiibo damage is INSANE though! Now THAT difficulty is more like it! :D

Along with Hero Mode, it's nice to have Twilight Princess offer an actual challenge this time around!

No reason for all the complaints then haha

Love the use. Ganondorf mode will always be on for me

The main problem for me is it just really doesn't feel like this sort of thing should be in a Zelda game.

Have you thought of not using amiibo in the game?

Miiverse stamps spotted.

zelda-twilight-princess-hd-inventory-656x370.jpg

In addition to new amiibo information, this week’s Famitsu article on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD contains another set of screenshots. We’re able to see the inventory screen for the first time (shown above, blurry after making it bigger), and it contains an interesting secret.

The very last box has an icon… but not an ordinary icon. This is actually the very same image used for Miiverse stamps. So while not officially announced by Nintendo, Twilight Princess HD should make use of those.

If the only way to heal hearts and get new arrows was through scanning amiibo, then I'd agree that it was horrific and be moaning too, but this is a 100% optional thing for those who may want things to be a tad easier. Simple.

I'm personally looking forward to stacking Ganondorf and Hero Mode. Yowzah.

One thing I'm disappointed about? Twilight Princess HD doesn't come with Link's Crossbow Training HD. For shame...

Edited by Serebii

Thx :).

I need to find a balance, Xenoblade first, then Zelda WW, then Xenoblade Chronicles X, by the time I am finished I will probably be able to get TP.....

I just don't have time for other type of games :D (I only get to play 3D World, as you can finish the stages quickly and save it).

What if you could switch on an Amiibo only hard mode? where you can only replenish arrows and hearts with the Amiibo and once per day, oh and had to use Gannondorf too?

?Tempted to try and play thorough like that

I'll give in before i'm out of the tutorial no doubt

I am looking forward to playing through the game again but that beginning section does fill me with dread.

I am looking forward to playing through the game again but that beginning section does fill me with dread.

Agreed. It's horribly paced. :shakehead

The Ganondorf Amiibo damage is INSANE though! Now THAT difficulty is more like it! :D

But King Moblin's attack took 3 hearts originally. It's only double the damage.

He gets hit at 1:04.

Still, 4X damage with Ganny amiibo and Hero Mode.

The game will still be too easy.

Suppose you could always equip yourself with the Zora Tunic so you have an utter heart attack if hit by a fiery arrow... That would be 8 times the damage!

Technically, if you did all that and then jumped into lava, you'd lose 80 hearts!

Edited by Glen-i

It's funny, I never really minded that beginning section as it helped forge bonds to each of the characters, which in turn helped me enjoy the game all the more.

Granted this could've been done a different way but I still didn't mind.

It's funny, I never really minded that beginning section as it helped forge bonds to each of the characters, which in turn helped me enjoy the game all the more.

Granted this could've been done a different way but I still didn't mind.

It's fine the first time. But it always deters me from playing it again.

It's fine the first time. But it always deters me from playing it again.

I've only played through it twice so I can't say it's effected me so. Although if you're doing multiple playthroughs I can see it getting annoying.

Oooh, I've got a Sheik and Link Amiibo, so that's nice.

Good thing about the extra "dungeon", now that it's revealed as a load of crap people should start piping down.

Fuck the Ganondorf Amiibo though :heh:

One thing I'm disappointed about? Twilight Princess HD doesn't come with Link's Crossbow Training HD. For shame...

Noooo... They need to stop doing this HD shit with old games whilst they've got other games ready. Send them bitches to the Wii U Zelda Mine, there's surely something they can do.

Main thing that's detracting me from replaying this, aside from the long intro, is the unbearable and badly aged mechanics for Link's animations - watching those sword skill learning moments just brings back the clunky feel of controlling him and that awkward paddle run as if his trousers are falling down.

This game needed a fix than merely boosting the graphics. Kind of sad that it may never be remastered to the level of the Wii U demo shown in 2012.

TP is the second least replayed Zelda after SS - and its likely because both have over bearing intros and tutorials at the start, whereas OOT and MM got straight to the point and if you needed to learn controls, they were optional in kokiri and Clock Town.

Edited by King_V

The main thing that's bugging me about Zelda U is how Link looks animated exactly as he is in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I wish Nintendo would just go back to child Link for console entries, which is by far the best version of Link IMO. That way they can use the fantastic character animation in Wind Waker as a template.

People piping down about amiibo? Ha, that'll be the day.

Not Amiibo on the whole, just the whole dungeon thing.

Bollocks to toon link!

Count me amongst the people who loved the intro to Twilight Princess. I loved the wealth of things to do in Ordon Village before you set out to the first dungeon and the sleepy atmos that was set up and quickly dashed by the onslaught of Twilight!

Zelda is more than just dungeons, combat and puzzles. It's also about the world you explore, the people you speak to and the various side quests and minigames scattered throughout. Lots of people seem to think that the game doesn't start until you get to the first dungeon, but what they don't seem to realise is that there's much more to Zelda than that and that begins as soon as you take control of your character!

Count me amongst the people who loved the intro to Twilight Princess. I loved the wealth of things to do in Ordon Village before you set out to the first dungeon and the sleepy atmos that was set up and quickly dashed by the onslaught of Twilight!

Zelda is more than just dungeons, combat and puzzles. It's also about the world you explore, the people you speak to and the various side quests and minigames scattered throughout. Lots of people seem to think that the game doesn't start until you get to the first dungeon, but what they don't seem to realise is that there's much more to Zelda than that and that begins as soon as you take control of your character!

I think many know there's more to Zelda than that, doesn't change the fact that the opening in TP is stupidly slow. It also doesn't help that I personally find the cast of characters very boring and underwhelming. They lack the wackiness of the Majoras Mask NPCs and have zero charm compared the Wind Waker NPCs. Like the overworld, I find the NPCs in TP bland and empty.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

The intro of Twilight Princess is one of the worst intro's in gaming that I've ever seen. It's paced terribly (even worse than Skyward Sword) and it doesn't feel like it gets going until the first dungeon.

I agree that Zelda is about more than just dungeons, but that doesn't excuse poor content outside of the dungeons at all.