NEurope
Pestneb

Super Mario Maker: Speed Run Competition

Sorry guys... But 281 is the absolute best that you can possible do in my W1-4 level. I tried (and managed to pull off, somehow!) my slightly alternate strategy but it only saves a few milliseconds; not enough to drop the timer below 281.

So for the purposes of this challenge, Glen-i's score in W1-4 is officially unbeatable.

You'll just have to try mastering my other levels before anyone else does!

I will say though that all of your times for W1-3 so far are total rubbish... You can still completely massacre all of those scores posted so far if you figure out the True Speedrunner's Path ;)

Edited by Dcubed

@S\.C\.G are you interested in submitting a course and/or joining in?
I'm still too preoccupied with creating courses at the moment to be honest, but if you want/need more courses for this then feel free to use any of mine. :)

The Kirby one would probably be quite appropriate as there are no enemies on it. :hehe:

Hard work and determination.

Fine, I'll give an actual hint. Once the path starts to branch, you need to stick to the bottom of the screen, do that, and it's completely possible to run through without stopping. Figure the rest out yourself.

Props to @Dcubed though, it's a very well-designed level. He claims 280 is possible, but I don't see how. He keeps going on about some nonsense with the "momentum of a moving platform"

Tbh I can see how you cut off time through a different route, but the bottom route, with the spiny... I tried running under it, I tried jumping over it.. then those platforms, I can only imagine you having to make leaps of faith the whole way through! either way, very impressed and well done!

I've had a mad week, but it was my intention to definitely play the levels, I could submit the cave one for now, won't make one in time, but it sound like not many people can even finish it, never mind speed run it, I can nail it though :)

By the end of the week I am determined to have finished it :D Even if there's only 1 second left on the clock I will be crying with joy when I finally beat that git! :D

[MENTION=51]

And I also did your first level in a not sure if world record time of 444 :)

impressive. still beatable, but it is a long level (even the route you took!) to complete without fatal mistakes!! I don't think I would do as well in one go

I've only uploaded one course, feel free to use it if you like but it's rather basic. :heh:

@Pestneb definitely beatable, I really enjoyed it but that time I set was the first time I had actually completed the level in some 20 attempts, so it wasn't perfect by any means!

Got some time this afternoon/eve so I might crash through some more of these levels, see if I can dominate the speed run charts ;)

A little over 12 hours left.

Just to clarify.

In the general competition position gains points regardless of the strength of the win. Times for any course not created by yourself counts (so 12-15 courses depending how many you have submitted!)

If two times are equal then it goes to coins collected. If both time and coins are equal it goes to score. If the position is still undecided flagpole height (indicated by score in screenshot) will be the decider.

In the top 3 competition scores will be awarded based on how well you did comparedto other participants on that course.

Remember that if fewer than 3 courses have been completed a penalty will be incurred.

If I'm not told which 3 course times you want to submit I will choose 3 myself.

Penalties:

One more course time required:

@Cube

@Dcubed

@Kaepora_Gaebora

Two more courses required:

@are1981

Unfortunately Dcubed removed one of his courses (unless I am mistaken..) So will receive a penalty for that too.

I completed provisional results, I will put the placings below with the top 3 score in brackets... names are omitted for the time being...

1 (4)

2 (5)

3 (8)

4 (2)

5 (7)

6 (6) Penalty incurred

7 (1) Penalty incurred

8 (3) Penalty incurred

9 (9) Penalty incurred

10 (10) Penalty incurred

There are 16 courses to play, so try to post scores for as many as you can.

If you have a qualifying time that hasn't been posted up on the first post could you let me know asap, I'll be posting up the final results at some point tomorrow.

Edited by Pestneb

My W1-4 course is still there. I had to reupload it because I found an unfortunate bug involving one of the hidden 1up routes within it (not one that affects speed running in any way though; it's a completely seperate path that was affected).

@Pestneb Could you please update the OP with the following code...

W1-4 Left & Right, Time to Fight! : 4584-0000-0052-33D9

As for my own speed run attempts? I am finishing work early today so I will have time to finally get my own ones done this evening :)

BTW, speaking of records...

Cube set a new record in 1-1

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJ7KMx6w

WVW69iacaWctc4g44o

And 1-3!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJ7WE91w

WVW69iaceGkPn55o3M

He also has a better score in 1-2 than any time posted here...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJ7RhxpQ

WVW69iacTMgFNSN3nD

But someone called Wozzean (not sure who that is; may not even be someone from N-E...) managed to pull off 480! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhnxnjyNA

So whoever they are, they currently hold the W1-2 record : peace:

Just to make things more interesting though...

These are my own records ;)

W1-2

3B90DC71-F3BA-4D95-8890-05078CB5505A_zps4jgybike.png

W1-3 (Yes this is really possible! In fact you could probably shave off a couple more seconds if you take a slightly altered version of the intended route ;) )

3DFBC3EA-EFED-413D-A012-784C10279D8F_zpsxv1hr2jy.png

Edited by Dcubed

Here are my three main ones:

DCubed W1-1 C3E8-0000-003E-C124

Glen-i G1-4 Easy Hard Castle

Glen-i G2-4 Koopas on an airship

@Dcubed, Wozzean is @Woz.

Wozzeenn is @Woz I think.

Edit: Just seen cubes response. Sorry.

Peter, you have a few times right?

Also just realised I didn't put up Dazzy's course, going to try and get that up in the list now... also @dazzybee I haven't noticed any times as yet? Things been busy or have I overlooked some times??

@Dcubed, thanks for letting me know, do you want to resubmit the new 1-4 or leave it as being closed?

I'll check your courses, but I'm only accepting timesthat fall in that 7 day period 16th through to today, I think a lot of times on your courses were accomplished on the 15th or earlier...

I've got a few more times down.

I can't figure out how the hell I'm supposed to find the comments I made to provide pics though, so someone is going to have to verify them for me.

@Kaepora Gaebora&\#39;s Super Speed Run In The Sky 64 - 486

WVW69iadIg8ush1aCK

@Woz's Super Ice Path Speed Rush 2 - 10

WVW69iadXKAwyStGY4

@Dcubed's 1-2 Down Below, To and Fro - 486

WVW69iadigEXM7JMJs

Edited by Glen-i

I think I have played most of them, but not for speed running purposes. If I play them tonight is that too late?

Edit: Just read the rules, looks good. I will try and do some tonight and suggest one of my courses.

Edited by peterl0

I think I have played most of them, but not for speed running purposes. If I play them tonight is that too late?

Edit: Just read the rules, looks good. I will try and do some tonight and suggest one of my courses.

I won't be accepting new courses after 8pm, but you have upto midnight technically to post up new times.

I've got a few more times down.

I can't figure out how the hell I'm supposed to find the comments I made to provide picks though, so someone is going to have to verify them for me.

Go into the activity feed on miiverse, find the user, check their possts to find the appropriate level, click that post to see all the comments, find yours with the screenshot.

Ok, so I will enter Plumber Platform Peril:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

B8EB-0000-0043-E9CD

And, Flying Practice:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

F070-0000-005D-F1B0

Wozzean is @Woz.

facepalm.png Doh! Who else was it gonna be? That's what I get for not using my brain :p

Also just realised I didn't put up Dazzy's course, going to try and get that up in the list now... also @dazzybee I haven't noticed any times as yet? Things been busy or have I overlooked some times??

@Dcubed, thanks for letting me know, do you want to resubmit the new 1-4 or leave it as being closed?

I'll check your courses, but I'm only accepting timesthat fall in that 7 day period 16th through to today, I think a lot of times on your courses were accomplished on the 15th or earlier...

You can update the code in the OP if you want, but Glen-i has already achieved an unbeatable time on there (and the actual level design outside of the hidden areas that are off the beaten path hasn't changed at all) so for the purpose of this challenge, it's kinda pointless now :p (though it would be nice for those who haven't played my level yet and are too lazy to check out my Mario Maker in-game page to find it ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

Another time!

@peterl0's Plumber Platform Peril - 457

I still can't figure out how to find people's posts on an internet browser...

EDIT: There we go!

WVW69iafAE4ZS9NIGb

Also did @Cube's Pipe House

WVW69iaeA10Q5g1_li

Gone back and edited in some pictures on my previous post now.

Edited by Glen-i

Yes I am indeed the elusive Wozzeenn (note not wozzean ;)) ... I am always on these forums but very rarely post.... Until Mario maker that is. I have attempted all the courses apart from the new ones from today so will try those tonight!

I'm a bit rubbish at getting the pictures onto here though so thanks @Pestneb for all your hard work with this!

Also everyone don't be scared of trying mine even though you don't know me as well as everyone else.... Some great times on my courses btw that I struggle to beat

Mushroom Kingdom (1985)World One (970E-0000-0037-5874)

426 (can't figure out how to find the pictures online)

Floaty (8DEA-0000-0014-475A)

Ground or Air? (2CE3-0000-0041-6A52)

G1-4 Easy Hard Castle (5A9D-0000-000F-D93C) HARD PATH ONLY! Glen-i wants your screenshots to have the Mystery Mushroom at the end.

473 with the mushroom

Castle of Doom (5B3C-0000-002D-B4FA)

Super Speed Run In The Sky 64 (9C4D-0000-0046-2BAD)

Found the posts section finally on the web browser one - pretty slow to update though!

None of my time are there yet.

EDIT: Or did I? Found the posts section under my user but it is missing all of my comments on others levels - only has my level additions. @Glen\-i how did you do it?

Edited by peterl0
Automerged Doublepost

OK, I'll get the results up tomorrow, it's been fun.... Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a similar thing running next week (so in about 2 hours time 23/9 through to the end of 29/9).. I was thinking of changing the focus to the number of coins collected at the end of courses rather than just speeding through. It would give a bit more of an emphasis on the exploration side of things, finding little secrets or how to get those last few coins?

Also to reduce the number of courses a little, I'm thinking of restricting the number of levels allowed to be submitted to the number of medals players currently have - so if you are yet to receive 1 star, you can enter with 0 courses, I think 5 stars is the most I've seen anyone on here with...

Feedback is appreciated, it's just an idea for now...

Although if there is interest, my first course will be:

But for now, good luck for the last few minutes picking up points!

Enter the cave (A794-0000-0021-59CF)

441 (Comment starting - Hard....)

No way am I completing this level again!

EDIT: Or did I? Found the posts section under my user but it is missing all of my comments on others levels - only has my level additions. @Glen\-i how did you do it?

Went to activity feed, searched for the NNID of the level creator, found the level, copied the URL of my pic, and you know the rest.

Ok, to find my course, you would need to find my user page.

If you are friends with me I may appear in activity feed, or if I have commented on one of your courses then you can click on my username in one of those comments.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Sjonpi

click on the "posts" button.

Scroll down until you find my post that corresponds to the course you have played

Click on that post

scroll down to find the picture with your time

then grab the url of the image (usually right click, then something like "copy image location")

past url in here in image tags...

It can be a pain sometimes though. If people are interested in doing this next week I have hopefully come up with a much less work intensive solution though: peace: