NEurope
Cube

Microsoft E3 Event Discussion

I'm watching the Xbox Daily thingy and there's a big PS4 Street Fighter V stand behind them that keeps getting camera time. You would have thought they would have picked a better spot. :D

Cuphead looks (and sounds) awesome! :)

But that was pretty much the only thing I liked the look of in the entire Microsoft conference, thank fuck. Don't want to buy another console. :heh:

Well, Tomb Raider was quite impressive too, but I'm not a fan of the "modern" Lara Croft, so meh. icon13.gif

I think they absolutely knocked it out of the park. In terms of content for 2015 from August onwards (Rare Replay and Gears of War Ultimate Edition) there is just great exclusive after exclusive. (something that can't also be said about Sony)

They also offered a glimpse into the future with Recore. The Valve VR announcement was the flattest moment because I think everyone was like hey you already said you have Oculus support. I enjoyed the HoloLens it's not for me right now because there is no actual game that looks like I need it. I'd be interested to know if the Minecraft crowd want that experience. It looked about janky enough that it was real, some of the scrolling didn't work perfectly.

I think they absolutely knocked it out of the park. In terms of content for 2015 from August onwards (Rare Replay and Gears of War Ultimate Edition) there is just great exclusive after exclusive. (something that can't also be said about Sony)

What can be said about Sony was that it had probably the best E3 of all time, instead. So, there is that. :heh:

What can be said about Sony was that it had probably the best E3 of all time, instead. So, there is that. :heh:

Really though? It was just fan service for games that aren't coming out this year (or next year) I'd rather have amazing games to play this year than dreaming of 2017.

Did anyone else think Halo 5 looked...really lacklustre. Looked more like Call of Duty than a proper Master Chief game. In fact, the movement looked a lot like Advanced Warfare. I'm a little concerned.

They also offered a glimpse into the future with Recore. The Valve VR announcement was the flattest moment because I think everyone was like hey you already said you have Oculus support. I enjoyed the HoloLens it's not for me right now because there is no actual game that looks like I need it. I'd be interested to know if the Minecraft crowd want that experience. It looked about janky enough that it was real, some of the scrolling didn't work perfectly.

Yup. I really enjoyed the conference and liked how they mainly focused on what's coming this year. I look forward to picking up a One again very soon for Gears, Halo, Forza, Tomb Raider and 30 Rare games. Hell of an end of year line up!

Did anyone else think Halo 5 looked...really lacklustre. Looked more like Call of Duty than a proper Master Chief game. In fact, the movement looked a lot like Advanced Warfare. I'm a little concerned.

I haven't followed it much, but they are definitely trying to make it more like CoD than Halo. It has Aiming down the Sights now ffs. And no splitscreen co-op either.

Yeah, and that whole sliding down the broken walkway bit. And it looks a lot more linear than previous Halo games (although it was a short segment so could be completely wrong).

I'm glad Destiny plays a lot like Halo did - unsurprisingly - but it still lacks the talking grunts and the hierarchy that made Halo such a blast and at the least H5 looks like it retains that.

To be honest I've gone off Halo completely. I bought the Master Chief Collection but havent completed one of the games. I even tried just skipping to 4 to at least play the one I hadnt seen before but I maybe got an hour or so in before giving up. I wont be bothering with Guardians.