NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon Direct - 7th May

That's over a week away!!! They expect us to wait that long! Don't think Nintendo have ever done a Direct on twitch before.

Hopefully Twitch works better than the UStream version. The US also has a YouTube live stream which is flawless, god knows why NOE don't.

Hopefully Twitch works better than the UStream version. The US also has a YouTube live stream which is flawless, god knows why NOE don't.

German law and Youtube streaming is weird

Yeah, I basically can't stream anything live on youtube :blank:

The only stream I was able to watch live was the Felix Baumgartner freefall.

Do twitch broadcasts get archived anywhere for watching later? I can't watch live so would be good to see it after the event.

Very strange at such a lengthy announcement. And surely there's not much to say except spoiling it...

Hang on, surely it means one thing - DEMO!!!!!!

It is not the first time for twitch. I watched the last direct on twitch. It was still uploaded to youtube after the event.

Wonder if they'll release a demo after the Direct, would make sense.

Wonder if they'll release a demo after the Direct, would make sense.

Yeah, I reckon that there's a decent chance of them doing that.

Normally I would say no, but for a multiplayer focused game like this one? I can see it happening :)

Twitch is okay for me, as I watched the previous direct via Xbox One, as it has Twitch App.

Thankfully, this ones not at the middle of the night, so I don't have to stay awake all night to watch it. As with others, it is a bit strange to give the date out a week before the release.

Still, hyped for the direct. Found the amiibo bundle for 45€, couldn't resist.

Careful, you'll get a warning for joking about that and stirring the pot.

German law and Youtube streaming is weird

Specifically YouTube? That's a bit odd, given that all and sundry now stream.

Careful, you'll get a warning for joking about that and stirring the pot.

OK, seriously. At this point, even I'm getting the impression of bitterness.

Getting increasingly hyped for this Direct. :bouncy:

Even just the possibility of hearing some more of Splatoon's soundtrack is enough to make me excited for this ND though. :hehe:

The fact that they're dedicating a whole Direct to it must mean there's plenty more to reveal about the game.

Not sure if I want the rumour of a post-direct Splatoon demo to be true or not. :hmm:

On the one hand it'd be awesome to get to play some the game already, but on the other, it'll could end up making the wait for the full game all the more painful and also lessen its impact slightly...

Not even a remote chance that I wouldn't download it if it did happen though, I'm far too weak. :heh:

Does this have local multiplayer and co-op and all that? Might be a laugh on boardgame night.

Definitely want a demo, as it will be probably the first game I will get on e-shop, so need to be sure it's good, or at least OK, if they really give a free code.

Got to be a demo of some kind surely?

I won't be able to watch this direct live tomorrow but I'll definitely be catching up with all the news after work. :)

For those who are going to be watching it though, enjoy! :D

Sounds like either an eshop demo or one of those Best Buy in-store demo promotions they've been running for a while now.