NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I can imagine levels where you need to play in the garden for example.

which would be great on a rainy day.... it would also make the NX a handheld, which in my head = Nintendo leave home console market. That would make the Wii U my final Nintendo console... and probably tbh my final home console full stop. Hopefully not though.

Anything earlier is too long a gap to make people wait

Zelda says hey.

I'm starting to think augmented reality could be the big "gimmick" we saw snippets on 3DS and I'm wondering if they will launch with a Mario or Pikmin where it's fully functional. After all you can't get better graphics than real life. And it's exactly the kind of wacky thing Nintendo would dream up. Pikmin in particular would work very well with this formulary. I can imagine levels where you need to play in the garden for example.

Had a dream about augmented reality tied with Pokémon GO, but...you know...good.

Basically AR glasses that superimposed the Pokémon there :)

https://www.uniqlo.com/utgp/2017/uk/qa

Nintendo and Uniqlo are holding a design contest. Winner gets a series of prizes, one of them being "a new concept game console NX (DEVELOPMENT CODENAME)" and a trip to an awards ceremony in Spring 2017.

Once again re-iterating a March 2017 release timeframe then...

I'm sure it is, but you can go to an awards ceremony and get the prize later.

But speaking of Uniqlo, I have noticed in store they have a display of collaborations this year and one of them is Pokémon TGC which I don't think has happened yet.

I'm seriously expecting a delay at this point, they're just being TOO quiet about everything. Has there ever been such a short gap in Nintendo history between unveiling a console and releasing it? The Wii and WiiU both had about 2 years right?

In fairness announcing something so soon after E3 would be odd and just lead to people asking why they didn't show it then.

6-9 months between reveal and release sounds ideal to me. Not a fan of this insane scheduling the industry has gotten itself into lately of years between reveal and release.

ARS Technica pointing out the obvious. They're also critical that there aren't many games announced for the NX yet, but how many games were announced for the PS4 and Xbox One before they were unveiled? They've also written an article titled 'Can we stop pretending that HTC has a future in VR?'. Absolute garbage 'journalism'.

I'm seriously expecting a delay at this point, they're just being TOO quiet about everything. Has there ever been such a short gap in Nintendo history between unveiling a console and releasing it? The Wii and WiiU both had about 2 years right?

The GBA and DS were both announced proper just 6 months before their respective launches (3DS would've also been the same if it hit its original release date of November 2010).

All of their home consoles were unveiled between 1-2 years prior to their respective launches however...

That being said, we do live in a different era now. Short announcement-release cycles are normal for most modern electronic devices these days.

I don't see they can't release snippets or an image or two that wouldn't reveal the gimmick they are protecting. A drip feed would be better than this wall of silence.

Yeah it's the silence that is getting me most, especially as the Wii U is completely dead. I agree that it wouldn't make sense revealing it right now after E3, I probably didn't phrase it right, but I just think in general from March and the fact it didn't appear this E3 is a very bad sign. Even if they didn't show games, surely we could have got a concept trailer like when the Revolution was first revealed.

If we are still getting it for March then I'd hope for a September or October event at the latest.

I still think they should've showed a sizzle-reel of games for the NX at E3. Even if the console wasn't there, I imagine they could've shown some game-footage that didn't give away what the concept of NX was..?

At least then we'd have got to have seen what we could be looking forward to.

I still think they should've showed a sizzle-reel of games for the NX at E3. Even if the console wasn't there, I imagine they could've shown some game-footage that didn't give away what the concept of NX was..?

At least then we'd have got to have seen what we could be looking forward to.

That sounds terrible, I don't want all they've been working on for the last few years to be spoiled in a quick sizzle reel.

Patience. They'll have a massive blow out, hardware AND software, and it'll (hopefully) be worth the wait.

That sounds terrible, I don't want all they've been working on for the last few years to be spoiled in a quick sizzle reel.

Patience. They'll have a massive blow out, hardware AND software, and it'll (hopefully) be worth the wait.

I guess I agree - I am very much looking forward to a big reveal and I'm sure it will be one of those life moments a gamer never forgets.

But Nintendo aren't doing themselves many favours by stalling it - pretty much the longer they wait the more customers Sony and Microsoft get and the more likely that these people won't be in a real hurry to fork out £300+ on another console anytime soon. I feel not releasing this Christmas is already a risk.

I guess I agree - I am very much looking forward to a big reveal and I'm sure it will be one of those life moments a gamer never forgets.

But Nintendo aren't doing themselves many favours by stalling it - pretty much the longer they wait the more customers Sony and Microsoft get and the more likely that these people won't be in a real hurry to fork out £300+ on another console anytime soon. I feel not releasing this Christmas is already a risk.

I agree.

Eight months to release, Nintendo should be building hype.

A serious console maker should full heartedly support their consoles until the very end AND have great games out for the next console's launch. This drought, combined with the silence is making people forget about Nintendo.

I agree.

A serious console maker should full heartedly support their consoles until the very end AND have great games out for the next console's launch. This drought, combined with the silence is making people forget about Nintendo.

I agree.

I think this is a very important factor. This generation has seen their console mindshare being completely wiped out. It's going to take something really special to get people not only talking about them but who are willing to invest money in their next console.

The silence from them it's what's really annoying for myself and a lot of others. If they didn't want to show the NX at E3, then fine. They could have at least said when they will show it off and give people something to look forward to.

To be honest I think Nintendo have been somewhat quiet ever since Kimishima took over. I said from the start that he wouldn't be like Iwata and I even stated that you wouldn't see him in Directs, despite what a few on here said. While there haven't been many Directs since Iwata's passing, Kimi hasn't appeared in a single one.

There's been a few occasions where a Direct should have been on the cards, but instead we got various press releases and bits and bobs on news coming from other places.

It's not only the silence about the NX that could be doing damage, the lack of Directs I think is also having an impact on Nintendo gamers.

I agree.

I think this is a very important factor. This generation has seen their console mindshare being completely wiped out. It's going to take something really special to get people not only talking about them but who are willing to invest money in their next console.

The silence from them it's what's really annoying for myself and a lot of others. If they didn't want to show the NX at E3, then fine. They could have at least said when they will show it off and give people something to look forward to.

To be honest I think Nintendo have been somewhat quiet ever since Kimishima took over. I said from the start that he wouldn't be like Iwata and I even stated that you wouldn't see him in Directs, despite what a few on here said. While there haven't been many Directs since Iwata's passing, Kimi hasn't appeared in a single one.

There's been a few occasions where a Direct should have been on the cards, but instead we got various press releases and bits and bobs on news coming from other places.

It's not only the silence about the NX that could be doing damage, the lack of Directs I think is also having an impact on Nintendo gamers.

They must be saving literally hundreds of yen by putting out those press releases instead of a Nintendo Direct as well.

:(

They must be saving literally hundreds of yen by putting out those press releases instead of a Nintendo Direct as well.

Remember this from last year?

[TWEET]659335850870767617[/TWEET]

I guess the change in format was to just scrap the idea altogether? :D

Remember this from last year?

[TWEET]659335850870767617[/TWEET]

I guess the change in format was to just scrap the idea altogether? :D