NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

We Happy Few

New game by Contrast developer Compulsion Games.

The Montréal-based studio offered the following description of its latest title: "We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial. Set in a drug-fueled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England, you'll have to blend in with its other inhabitants, who don't take kindly to people who don't abide by their not-so-normal rules."

Source

No platforms announced, yet.

Seems right up my alley. : peace:

I was about to post this. I loved their previous game, Contrast (the only critique I have it's too short). The artstyle in Contrast was fantastic, and this looks to be no different. And it looks to have the Bioshock flavour of creepy as well, awesome. I don't need any more info to pre-order.

I didn't end up playing Contrast but it's one of those I intend on getting when it goes cheaper. This looks amazing though love everything about it.

Less than a day for the kickstarter.. I went for the CAD$ 60,- tier.

Hopefuly that makes up for missing the Yooka Laylee and Bloodstained deadlines (I can still be a slacker backer!)

I wish I knew if this would run....no point on backing on PC as I'm unsure!

I'd like to see some gameplay after its noticed you're a downer. I'll reserve judgement for that.

Has anyone played the early access demo? I know it's obviously unfinished but I don't think I'll be getting this. First seeds of doubt were sown when I found out it was procedurally generated and all it seems to be is a survival game. The meat of the game bears little resemblance to the opening section or the trailers.

Very disappointed.

Did you play Contrast? That game also failed to live up to its concept, I thought. Playing it made me very wary of We Happy Few.

Has anyone played the early access demo? I know it's obviously unfinished but I don't think I'll be getting this. First seeds of doubt were sown when I found out it was procedurally generated and all it seems to be is a survival game. The meat of the game bears little resemblance to the opening section or the trailers.

Very disappointed.

I'm with you. The actual reveal of the gameplay itself was such a disappointment after the excellent E3 gameplay "trailer". Also the combat looks ten years old or like something you'd see in Minecraft.

Game looks to be a broken mess. Kinda makes you wonder why Microsoft felt the need to snap up such a studio. ::shrug:

Sign in to follow this