Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Official Thread: A Brotherhood Reunited

Hero-of-Time

A few scoops in Sheffield you say, @kav82!

I would actually be quite up for that, with a bit of planning am sure the train tickets would be fairly cheap pre booked, any floors/sofas I can crash on? (@Blade ;) )

Finally made it to G rank on this now, and about time. My armour set (high rank Nerscylla) was letting me down in the defensive unit big time. Now I've made the Hermitaur Z set ( Plum Hermitaur) which, including my charms in's, now has Crit Draw, water fire and Dragon resistance of at least 15 each, guts, and the one that reduces stamina depletion when defending, perfect for my Lance.

Only negative is stamina depletion increases when running, but it's not that bad. Yet anyway ;)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go online at 8:30 to do some Event Quests and get some stuff. Then I'll be working on my HR5 quests if @kav82 or anyone else with HR5 or better would like to help.

Yeah, I mentioned in the online thread, but it's been half a month since that got updated, so I'm just covering my bases here.

I've made the Gunner set with the Seregios LBG (video on last page) and oh boy, it is amazing! I've had to settle for Evasion +1 instead of +2 as I've not got the charm I'd need to get me there, but still, it's fantastic nevertheless.

And another set made, one I'll use with my Dual Blades... gives me the following:

Evasion +2 (+3 with a 2 slot weapon)

Status Attack +2

Sharpness +1

Earplugs

Wind resistance (Low)

And another set made, one for Great Swords.

Sheath Control (Fast sheath + Punishing Draw)

Critical Draw

Sharpness +1

Focus

Evasion +1

Edited by Kav

As much as I love this on the 3DS, I wish this was on a home console! I'm having so much fun with the game, even with randoms. I'm glad @Glen\-i is still playing it, I've enjoyed joining you for the hunt man.

Can't believe how quickly the community on the game from here died out. I can't get enough of it!

As much as I love this on the 3DS, I wish this was on a home console! I'm having so much fun with the game, even with randoms. I'm glad @Glen\-i is still playing it, I've enjoyed joining you for the hunt man.

Can't believe how quickly the community on the game from here died out. I can't get enough of it!

I still play, but time constrains me a lot. Up to HR3 this weekend, taken down Gore Magala 3 times, need to start farming him for some extra pieces of armour. Tigrex was a challenge, it really is beautiful to see how the monsters animation and AI adapts to the terrain at hand. This was so evident in the way Tigrex uses the cliff edges to pull himself up, awesome fighting him.

That's what happens when people feel the need to blitz through a game.

Oh, and thanks for the assistance, a bit late, I know.

I've got a Wystone now, so I should be a bit more helpful!

When I'm not online, I do 2 or 3 hunts a day on average. Then I play something else. I also do every quest before moving on to the next rank. Why rush things?

When I am online, I do a lot more, because I don't always have access. Gotta capitalise on it!

I'm almost done all the HR5 quests and I'm on Caravan 9.

Gotta fight Frenzied Deviljho next.

I am very concerned, the thing was scary enough without the added speed and Status Effect...

So those of us who are essentially done with the game rushed things? Even though we've spent close to 300 hours each on the game and finished all online quests. Could it not be that we've had our fill of the game, not due to burnt out but because there is little challenge left and we've done everything we set out to do?

I hate this rush/blitz argument with a passion. It's such a shoddy statement.

Finally completed my main set for Charge Blades. Shah Dalamadur Helm, Rusted Kushala Gloves, Rajang everything else... with charm and decorations it gives me:

Honed Blade

Razor Sharp

Challenger +2

Latent Power +1

Halve Stun

What an epic set! I can switch out Latent Power for Element Attack Up but I main the Teostra Charge Blade so I kept Latent Power, I'll switch the two dependant on what weapon I use.

So those of us who are essentially done with the game rushed things? Even though we've spent close to 300 hours each on the game and finished all online quests. Could it not be that we've had our fill of the game, not due to burnt out but because there is little challenge left and we've done everything we set out to do?

I hate this rush/blitz argument with a passion. It's such a shoddy statement.

I agree with where you're coming from having done it all but to say it doesn't offer a challenge isn't right, only a few pages back you said how end-game monsters can still 2-shot you. It's still challenging.

I just miss the hunt with you guys in truth.

Edited by Kav
Automerged Doublepost

I agree with where you're coming from having done it all but to say it doesn't offer a challenge isn't right, only a few pages back you said how end-game monsters can still 2-shot you. It's still challenging.

I just miss the hunt with you guys in truth.

It was challenging but you adapt and get better. Once we learned to take this a little more easy we started butchering stuff and rattled quests off really quickly. I can't remember anything causing us much bother after this, even the new Bracchy didn't pose much of a threat, once we fought it a couple of times.

It's not just this game though. In terms of the Nintendo board there is sod all discussion really going on, unless people are arguing or a Direct has happened. Just look at the Bloodborne, Drive Club, Destiny topics in the other console board. Big releases that many are playing at the same time and having the bather with. Just goes to show how the dynamic has changed on here. I joked about it before that this should be called PS-Europe and in all fairness it may as well be at this point. :D

It was challenging but you adapt and get better. Once we learned to take this a little more easy we started butchering stuff and rattled quests off really quickly. I can't remember anything causing us much bother after this, even the new Bracchy didn't pose much of a threat, once we fought it a couple of times...

That's true. When it gets to this point that's when I switch weapons, to prolong the experience with having to learn new timings etc. however when you've done this with other MH games it doesn't change the challenge too much as you're already used to the other weapons.

However, I am finding that I'm loving the Light Bowgun (set from the video I posted) it's so much fun to use, which keeps my enjoyment levels high.

As well as using the Bow, that's great fun too.

I'm so glad there are close and long range weapons in these games as the close range ones are quite similar in some respects; timing attacks and dodges/blocks, whereas the ranged weapons rely on distancing and shot type.

Well, I've seen the credits and am now on caravan 10 quests.

Caravan 9 was surprisingly short, a bit disappointed there.

I also fought Fatalis, it lasted 25 minutes, killed me twice and ate through all my potions, but I did it.

That was fun. Much more fun then 3U's Alatreon, which is just an exercise in tedium.

That should have been the pre-credits boss, instead of Kushala.

Anyway, still loads more to do! Including Oroshi Kirin.

I've been looking forward to Oroshi Kirin, as it can give me a Ice Sword and Shield that isn't the poster child for crummy.

I'd be right in thinking that once I finish that, that quest will disappear and I'll have to spend hours trying to get the Guild Quest for it?

I don't suppose anyone has one I can mooch?

EDIT: Also, Apex Serigios was the first time I actually got the bleeding status. Due to it being able to actually hit you with it instantly, instead of giving you a chance to roll out of the way if hit with spikes.

I ran away, ate a Mosswine Jerky, (Same animation as a ration) and poof! It's gone, and I got all my red health back.

Bleeding is not that big an issue. I was expecting it to be more disastrous, given the amount of complaining I've seen around the internet.

Edited by Glen-i

@Glen\-i I'm pretty sure I've an Oroshi Kirin G Rank quest I can send you... although I'm not 100% on that.

Do you have 2 Wystones? You want to get 2 if not, have one of them as Wystone Drive (stops attacks bouncing off Apex monsters) and the other whichever you choose.

@Glen\-i I'm pretty sure I've an Oroshi Kirin G Rank quest I can send you... although I'm not 100% on that.

Do you have 2 Wystones? You want to get 2 if not, have one of them as Wystone Drive (stops attacks bouncing off Apex monsters) and the other whichever you choose.

I'm afraid I need it to be high rank to make the sword I want. Thanks anyway!

I only have 1 right now, but it is Level 2. (I chose Brace, Force doesn't last long enough for me)

I'm sure I'll get a second sooner or later.

I'm afraid I need it to be high rank to make the sword I want. Thanks anyway!

I only have 1 right now, but it is Level 2. (I chose Brace, Force doesn't last long enough for me)

I'm sure I'll get a second sooner or later.

Yeah you just do the quests that the Wyceum ask for and you'll get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lagiacrus set get!!

Still upset he's not in this game, so it's made up for it that his armour set is!

Just trying to work out the best thing to charm into it now, as nothing major that's waiting to be unlocked...

I also love how after 300 hours on 3 and now 130 on this, I'm still learning new things about the game :)

• 2 weeks later...
[TWEET]595235737462779904[/TWEET]

Not played this since reaching G Rank a while back. Should probably check out that Mega Man and Chun-Li Palico DLC though. :D

I've not played it because the game has locked me out of later quests until I up my HR, despite having every single-player quest available to me done.

Bit of a gittish move, that. What if someone doesn't have access to online? They have to fight those tougher monsters themselves?

I've not played it because the game has locked me out of later quests until I up my HR, despite having every single-player quest available to me done.

Bit of a gittish move, that. What if someone doesn't have access to online? They have to fight those tougher monsters themselves?

Pretty much yeah. That's what I ended up doing anyway (despite having access to online) did all of my high rank key/urgent quests solo.

It's tough, but all the more rewarding when you finally make it. :)

Do agree with you though, I don't see why there has to be this disconnect between the offline and "online" sides of the game, especially as the quests are more or less identical. :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

So I downloaded the latest DLC earlier, and spotted there was a new episodic quest involving...

Cha-Cha & Kayamba!!

:o:yay:

Not sure what the reward is, but I took a quick look at the first part of the quest, and it's pretty damn funny. :grin:

It involves hunting a frenzied Congalala that has Cha-Cha holding on to its tail! :laughing: Needless to say he keeps complaining about the smell. :D

Anyone done it yet?

Nope, I'm not good enough.

Still plodding along at HR6.

Thing is, I normally go online with DCubed's sister, due to her being way more reliable than the majority of online players, but she's not been up for it since starting Puzzle and Dragons Z.

I've been trying to do event quests that give me Swords and Shields along with Bows, like the Zelda ones. But I've even ran out of those now.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!