NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Direct 14th of January

The way they are being used isn't that great either. I gave them the benefit of the doubt with Smash as they were shoe horned in at the last minute but now they've had time to think and the idea of them still seems a bit shaky.

I think we're still in the middle of the 'being shoe horned into games' phase. I would imagine games from E3 onwards will be designed from the ground up to support amiibo whereas these ones now are just small little additions they threw in at the last minute.

I think we're still in the middle of the 'being shoe horned into games' phase. I would imagine games from E3 onwards will be designed from the ground up to support amiibo whereas these ones now are just small little additions they threw in at the last minute.

I'm still hoping for an Amiibo specific game. Something very similar to Infinity but set in Nintendo worlds. Hopefully E3 will deliver such a game.

I'd be amazed if they weren't working on such a game. I just hope it's another NintendoLand or a 3D platformer and not another board game type thing like Mario Party.

On a totally separate note... "Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus"? Sounds like they're trying to compete with Capcom for the clunkiest game name ever.

For those criticising the lack of Wii U games in this Nintendo Direct, I can only assume that the 'big guns' are being held back until E3 :smile:

I reckon that's where we'll see the first footage of Starfox, a better look at the new Legend of Zelda and, as I assume to be pretty likely, the very first look at a new Metroid game by Retro Studios :hehe:

For those criticising the lack of Wii U games in this Nintendo Direct, I can only assume that the 'big guns' are being held back until E3 :smile:

I reckon that's where we'll see the first footage of Starfox, a better look at the new Legend of Zelda and, as I assume to be pretty likely, the very first look at a new Metroid game by Retro Studios :hehe:

Remember people saying that last year. Wait to E3.

Remember people saying that last year. Wait to E3.

I'm not expecting an avalanche of great software, but there'll be one or two things to keep me happy, I'm sure :hehe:

I reckon a lot of us have too many games so I find myself somewhat welcoming the drought :heh:

NintendoLand 2

how about no :shakehead not unless its got online co-op/multiplayer

i've never played any of the games really because i've nobody to play with

I never expected any of those to be shown. I was more in the mindset we would get another look at Yoshi ( with a Spring release ) and Kirby possibly being pushed forward to fill in the release gaps. Sadly neither of these happened.

I'm still not sure about Retro. For me it hinges on whether Nintendo will want to invest anymore big games on the platform, given how it's struggling and all. I mean we have Zelda and Xenoblade on the way already. They could position Retros next outing for a launch day release of the next console.

Again, it depends on how long Nintendo will want to support the console for.

how about no :shakehead not unless its got online co-op/multiplayer

I know I'm in the minority here, but not everyone cares about online multiplayer.

I never expected any of those to be shown. I was more in the mindset we would get another look at Yoshi ( with a Spring release ) and Kirby possibly being pushed forward to fill in the release gaps. Sadly neither of these happened.

I'm still not sure about Retro. For me it hinges on whether Nintendo will want to invest anymore big games on the platform, given how it's struggling and all. I mean we have Zelda and Xenoblade on the way already. They could position Retros next outing for a launch day release of the next console.

Again, it depends on how long Nintendo will want to support the console for.

I totally agree about Yoshi and Kirby. I expected to see more of them yesterday.. a lot more :heh: Having said that, neither of those are likely to be 'KILLER APPS' (Does anybody ever use that phrase any more..? :indeed:)

As for Metroid, and any other major games, I'd probably be happy for most things to be held back until the next console.. but only if the next console blows us all away!

Having said that, I reckon if Nintendo delivered Metroid and a new Mario Strikers game on Wii U in addition to the upcoming Starfox and Zelda games, I'd probably consider my own personal Wii U collection to be pretty much done. Concise, but excellent and fulfilling :smile:

It's all about quality over quantity for me, these days :hehe:

I know I'm in the minority here, but not everyone cares about online multiplayer.

i know but atleast give us the choice, i want to love that game, but its semi useless

Not only that, but...I'm getting concerned by X on WiiU. The music for the trailer they used was awful and...I also didn't like the faces of the characters. It took me by surprise with just how...strange they looked. Very jarring.

The music is the least I'm worried about. I'll give you that what they used in that new trailer was pretty weak material, but there's a good fucking reason Sawano Hiroyuki has basically been working nonstop for years composing shit, the guy is a hot commodity in Japan and has composed some of the best anime soundtracks I've listened to.

Adding more strategical elements to Splatoon....do we still not have info on voice chat?

No we don't.

Hopefully we dont have 2 more pages about voice chat.

Any word on whether Splatoon is Wii Speak compatible? :heh:

tumblr_lolgmd4NkH1qax271.gif

I was never here.

Okay, but guys, I think you're all forgetting something here.

Namely that this was the best thing to come from the Direct:

Following on from that, they've made their introductions on Miiverse.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I'd be amazed if they weren't working on such a game. I just hope it's another NintendoLand or a 3D platformer and not another board game type thing like Mario Party.

On a totally separate note... "Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus"? Sounds like they're trying to compete with Capcom for the clunkiest game name ever.

I'd be amazed if they WERE. They said it's different to Skylanderd and infinity. Lots of uses in a little ways. They're doing exactly what they said. I want them to produce that kind of game, but don't think they will.

Like hero this is what I epxected. And like him I expected kirby yoshi and even mario maker. Theyve never had momentum, but the actually feel like they have loads of games this year, even if no new games were announced they'd still have s lot. But no... Drought drought drought....

I'm beginning to think that Nintendo have given up and prepping the next console. Pretty much all their games are either very small or external teams. I reckon their teams are working on the next handheld/console.

I'm beginning to think that Nintendo have given up and prepping the next console. Pretty much all their games are either very small or external teams. I reckon their teams are working on the next handheld/console.

Perhaps, but when there was a huge drought for the Wii in the last couple of years, we figured Nintendo were gearing up for a massive assault with their next console.. but that hasn't exactly been the case with Wii U :heh:

Perhaps, but when there was a huge drought for the Wii in the last couple of years, we figured Nintendo were gearing up for a massive assault with their next console.. but that hasn't exactly been the case with Wii U :heh:

Difference is they don't have to make the leap from SD to HD this time.

True, what the hell have Nintendo been doing for the past 5 years...?

Start again nintendo, just start again. Release your handheld this christmas, new homeconsole next christmas. Let them talk to each each fully, let every single handheld game work on the home console, let the handheld act as off tv play for the home console games. Launch with mario Universe, Metroid prime 4 and animal crossing which works on both the handheld and home console, huge innovations....

True, what the hell have Nintendo been doing for the past 5 years...?

Start again nintendo, just start again. Release your handheld this christmas, new homeconsole next christmas. Let them talk to each each fully, let every single handheld game work on the home console, let the handheld act as off tv play for the home console games. Launch with mario Universe, Metroid prime 4 and animal crossing which works on both the handheld and home console, huge innovations....

Jesus, don't rile me. Nintendo did nothing for the last 2 years of the Wii and their start to Wii U was NintendoLand and NSMBU? They hadn't even caught up to last gen on several levels, I'm going to stop before I start but suffice to say you reap what you sow. It was clear to everyone they were doomed and their practices this gen has only cemented how they'll be viewed next gen as well. So what if it's not successful, at least show that you're willing to change. It was clear to everyone they were doomed and their practices this gen has damaged how they'll be viewed next gen as well. You're willing and flexible to change, prove it. I thought I said I'd stop, I will now.

Edited by Wii

I think they are showing they're willing to change in a lot of ways. Slowly, but they're doing it. I think they have the Wii u and there's no escaping it so they have to embrace it. It does feel like, software wise they are doing the bare minimum and offloading to other devs as much as possible. The only explanation is they're planning for the future. I genuinely believe nintendo have seen what has happend with the 3ds launch and the Wii u in full, seen what's happening with sony, and they will learn from it all. They have to.

The thing is, personally I love the Wii u and it has more than enough for me, and this gen has been the gen which has made me realise they're definitely the one for my gaming tastes. At their weakest. But as a business, for the wider community, they need to change their whole ethos.

advancewarsdaysofruin-copytitleimage.jpg

...still nothing huh...

I guess the new Fire Emblem adds another +2 years wait for a new Advance Wars.