NEurope
Sprout

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Online Meet Up Thread

Had a blast playing with you guys last night - it was just a coincidence that I popped online and found you there too! I'm definitely not up to your standards, though - I think that was pretty much a fluke that I won with Wii Fit Trainer before I signed off! ;)
Was a good laugh, yeah. Hope to see you online more often. :)

Communication error :( I'm still having lag in every game but not so much when it's with you guys at least.
Yeah, there was definitely some lag when you joined us last night, not that I'm complaining, was very glad you showed up actually as it distracted Sprout. :heh:

He'd literally been continuously kicking my arse for over an hour by that point. :laughing:

@Sprout good games :) very sporting of you to join my in my stupid suicides lol
Indeed, he is the Professor Layton of Smash. :D

Anyway, got some GIFs here of a few N-E Smash moments...

This one was last night and really made me laugh uncontrollably for about 5 minutes (I'm easily entertained :heh:), but it's just the way @Sprout (as Kirby) starts walking toward me (playing as Lemmy) with the charged up hammer attack, but then turns around when he realises I'm about to fire a cannonball!:

Here's some mayhem from the other night on my custom stage, featuring Sprout, @f00had and @Mike:

This was another funny moment in a 1 on 1 with Sprout (playing as Fox):

See I can only win when he kills himself. :grin:

And here's good old Waluigi (why is he not a playable character!? :mad:) helping me out, once again against Sprout:

And the conclusion to that match, where I had no idea what the hell was going on! :hehe::

Dis game. :love:

: peace:

Oh, and check out this screen from one of Sprout's custom stages!:

BvFnBjX.jpg

I'm sure @Eenuh would like to see that. ;)

Edited by RedShell
I can't spell :p

God, this game! I'm up for some fights later tonight around six or seven pm. I'll be on. Add my NNID if you haven't already :D.

Edit: Thanks @RedShell for posting all of those amazing moments :D. I especially enjoyed your elevator ride as Sonic xD. And the Smash logo-stage of DOOM! :D

Like @RedShell, I shall probably be online around 9PM! I like the giphys by the way. That said, I don't think this poor old computer of mine can handle so many large ones on a single page. =P

It's absolutely fine for everything else. I have no issue playing online on PC :(
Well, hm. Perhaps you could tell us what your router is and we might be able to fiddle with things. I wouldn't want you to miss out due to a connection specific to this game...

Last edited by RedShell; Today at 03:14 PM. Reason: I can't spell :p
Damn right I no illiterate, RedShell. That's right, I saw it.

I'm using a virgin media superhub, if anyone is on now I'll join in and see if it's any better :p

I'm using a virgin media superhub, if anyone is on now I'll join in and see if it's any better :p
We have the same thing! Terrible little device isn't it. Can't use the PS3 with mine at all. =P

I bet my connection could be better given my experience with Mario Kart recently, but I remember I had to fiddle with my Wii U's internet settings when I first got it, so I'll check out my Wii U's system settings later for you. I know for the Superhub I've got UPnP enabled, which as it was one of those terms I saw whilst Googling about this, might be something you want to check.

I'm going to be a bit late, maybe around 9:30pm. I hope. We'll see. Hopefully @Glen\-i are already smashing!

Do I know how to make a hilarious stage or do I?

Totally proud of my "Barrels of Doom" stage.

Great matches, guys. Wasn't a single match where I didn't end up laughing!

I was DAA on Glen-i's Wii U. Quality games BTW! : peace:

That last game, with the Hocotate bomb right at the end! The world NEEDS a Gif of that! :laughing:

I was DAA on Glen-i's Wii U. Quality games BTW! : peace:

That last game, with the Hocotate bomb right at the end! The world NEEDS a Gif of that! :laughing:

Oh it's coming, don't you worry about that. :hehe:(along with loads more ;))

I had to stop playing after that moment as I could no longer breathe from laughing so much! :laughing:

Awesome, absolutely awesome games. :bowdown: : peace:

*EDIT*

Here we go!:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=56470

Edited by RedShell

Oh it's coming, don't you worry about that. :hehe:(along with loads more ;))

I had to stop playing after that moment as I could no longer breathe from laughing so much! :laughing:

Awesome, absolutely awesome games. :bowdown: : peace:

*EDIT*

Here we go!:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=56470

Haha, I didn't get to see that (I had to peeeee...)! Still, plenty of hilarious moments tonight. Really, people complain about items and crazy stages, but tonight was a prime example of why they're here in the game! I'm hoping to get some work done on that video tomorrow, so fingers crossed for that.

I was actually gonna make a thread for screens and stuff when we heard more news about the upcoming update that lets you share replays and such, but who knows when that's gonna happen, so hopefully lots of people go and use your thread.

Oh, @The Peeps! In regards to the Superhub, I remember I actually got my router working thanks to n-europe via this thread, so give that a read and try out some of the settings other members posted to see if you get any improvement. Also, here's the Nintendo Service Center's instructions, which appear pretty similar.

Edited by Sprout

I had such a good time last night! I have to say, @Glen\-i, the Barrels of doom stage is probably the best/worst stage in Smash to date :P. Ended up laughing my ass of all the time. Too bad I sucked until Redshell left, but it was fun to finally play atgainst you @Sprout ;D.

Thanks for the great games, looking forward to some more soon ;).

Anyone up for some matches tonight? I haven't had much time to play this version.

Anyone up for some matches tonight? I haven't had much time to play this version.
I'm online now if you're still about.

Good games @Mr\-Paul too. :)

This game never fails to amuse. I'm grabbing a GIF of that moment involving the nintendog assist trophy as I type. ;):D

If it's the part I was thinking of, I didn't even know that could happen to it.

Oh, and that custom stage of yours is really well designed.

Edited by Cube

Great games guys. Would've stuck around longer but I got invited to the pub :p

By the way - I actually really liked not having each player's percentage displayed on screen - totally changes the way you play the game.

By the way - I actually really liked not having each player's percentage displayed on screen - totally changes the way you play the game.
Yeah, I was just messing with the options before you guys joined and thought that would be interesting to try. That was also the first time I've ever enabled the auto handicap feature, it definitely helps level the playing field quite a bit. icon14.gif

I really should have used that the other day when playing against @Sprout for over an hour. :hehe: He probably still would've won every match, even if starting on 300% damage. :heh:

So anyone on tonight? Say 10 pm?
Did you mean 10pm CET, or GMT? :hehe:

I'm online at the moment anyway, if you're about and up for some games. :)

Didn't hear anything so I put on Kingdom Hearts. I'll just reach a save point and then play Smash for an hour ok? Maybe a longer session tomorrow if we can get four people?

Given the userbase on the forum I always try to use British time so not to confuse anyone ;)