NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Just watching this gameplay demo from Gamescom. Not really given it much attention but lovely visuals (cutscene facial animations aside :p) and looks pretty fun.

What is it? Like a mix of Xenoblade, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter?... Is it 4 player co-op?

Edited by Retro_Link

Have you played Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect? It's like both.

I'm playing the first, which is more technical closer to turn based combat, while the second was a rush job so more linear and more action based combat.

This has been in development for a while and included both tactical and action combat modes.

I haven't played those games, but you saying that makes this seem more exciting.

I wonder if people will give this a miss holding off to play The Witcher first though... as the worlds at least seem quite similar.

That would probably be my thinking if I had a PS4 yet.

I wonder if people will give this a miss holding off to play The Witcher first though... as the worlds at least seem quite similar.

That would probably be my thinking if I had a PS4 yet.

Hard to say really. Personally I think the Witcher 3 looks more impressive but Dragon Age is still a much bigger franchise.

One thing great about Dragon Age (and virtually all BioWare games) is the characters. They make you like good, evil and morally grey characters.

Even their Sonic game had great character development.

Dragon Age: Origins is free on Origin at the moment. Really great game, definitely worth a go if you're interested in Inquisition.

Even their Sonic game had great character development.

I quite liked that game, it's a shame it'll probably never get a sequel. Or at least not one developed by Bioware.

Seems this game is scoring pretty well... 9/10 Gamespot and 8/10 Eurogamer. Gamespot say it's a return to form for DA.

Tempted to get it, but I haven't played the first two and dragonagekeep.com won't let me log in with my Origin account. It keeps telling me the password is wrong.

Changed it twice...no luck. :blank:

Fans of the series: would it be worth playing the first game to catch up (which I already own) even if I'm going to skip the second one regardless (since I don't)?

Fans of the series: would it be worth playing the first game to catch up (which I already own) even if I'm going to skip the second one regardless (since I don't)?

I would usually say yes to playing the first but I guess it depends how quickly after that you want to move onto Inquisition. You dont want to get burnt out as Origins is pretty long.

Bioware have also said that Inquisition is a great place to jump on so if you do just want to start here then it shouldnt be a problem.

Well, they're going to say that :p Reviews and feedback from the media however have said that you might be a little bit lost. That said, there's a reason I couldn't really get into Dragon Age Origins in the first place, so forcing myself to play it for the story is unlikely to make the process any smoother.... I'll just go through Dragon Age Keep and try to absorb it all :p cheers

Went on the website and made all my choices. I have no clue whats going on in the story but it seems interesting. Very Game of Thrones :p

Guessing once i get the game i simply login and it will transfer my choices over.

Just been using Dragon Age Keep to get all my save data ready to import to Inquisition. I didn't realise how little data it actually uses though, it's pretty much just your character from each game plus the achievements.

For all the choices throughout each game I've got to go through this tapestry thing and select what I did. I can only remember a small fraction of the choices I made, it's very frustrating as all my save files are just sitting on my PC. Why couldn't the game just use them instead? :wtf:

I thought you only used the tapestry if you want to alter what you did or you've never done it before, otherwise it sticks with the data it finds?

Unfortunately not. This is what it says at the top of the web page:

The Keep does not import your choices from previous games. Instead, use the Interactive Story Summary to set a few key choices and further customize the world state using the Tapestry.

Really cannot decide which class or race to go with. In Origins I was a City Elf Warrior (or maybe it was a rogue) in Dragon Age 2 I was definitely a Rogue.

I've heard Mage is the best class to play in this game due to a sub class that opens up half way through the leveling up process but I usually outright hate Mage classes as I prefer to get up there with the combat.

It also means that I can skip the second. Played the first earlier this year and loved it.

It also means that I can skip the second. Played the first earlier this year and loved it.

There are lots that would argue you should skip the second. I would say it did mess up the combat somewhat and sure it's scale was much smaller but I personally enjoyed the political meddling not every game has to be about the end of the world!!!!!

Just started my game, ended up going with a Human Rogue. I always want to go with Mages in these kind of games as their powers are so much more interesting but but them usually being all weak is too much of a downside for me.

Just started my game, ended up going with a Human Rogue. I always want to go with Mages in these kind of games as their powers are so much more interesting but but them usually being all weak is too much of a downside for me.

Yeah I feel exactly the same! I will likely go Rogue too when I finally get round to my copy.

Sign in to follow this