Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Retro_Link

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played a few hours last night. It feels like Tearaway: The Directors Cut, not only are there areas of familiarity, but new areas bolted on to add freshness to them

When racing around on the pig, the race track is longer and has an area where you need to use the lightbar. And when heading to the barn to find the scarecrows head, you need to retrieve the key and learn a new power (or two) in a new area

Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's certainly feeling fresh in many places.

• 2 months later...

Started playing this recently and loving it just as much as the Vita original. The new area based on Scotland was really nice, as was the new areas in the barn. I'm hoping there's more new content to come. It's just a shame Sony sent it to die, again. It would have done so much better with Nintendo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't think they could top the Vita game, but they most certainly did. This is just incredible. You can really tell they've put the extra time to good use fleshing out the campaign and improving on the various levels. Just finished The Desert, wow.

Amazing game, I wish it were a Nintendo game, it would have thrived, not sent to die for a second time on Playstation, barely selling.

I didn't think they could top the Vita game, but they most certainly did. This is just incredible. You can really tell they've put the extra time to good use fleshing out the campaign and improving on the various levels. Just finished The Desert, wow.

Amazing game, I wish it were a Nintendo game, it would have thrived, not sent to die for a second time on Playstation, barely selling.

Indeed, it's pretty sad that a game as beautiful as Tearaway has not sold as well as i thought it would. Sony should have advertised it for PS4, it's a perfect game for the younger gamers to get into. Not saying it's a system seller, but this and Little Big Planet will keep a few busy over the holidays

Would have done wonders on the WiiU/3DS as well mind.

Decided to pick my play up again and finish it off this week, last check i was 18% through. So still a way to go, but it's such a nice game.

• 9 months later...

Coming in standard Rummy for all those who've had/played this on the PS4 - why should I get it? Slightly inspired by Nando's excellent thread about whether gamers have gotten too picky over in General Gaming I started to peruse the cheapest offerings that CEX have on the PS4 at the moment - I've seen that I could actually pick this up for a rather measly £8 pre-owned!

The question is - I know little to none about it, so tell me; why, if at all, should I? I presume also on the price level it's a very much 'play once' game with little re-playability maybe outside of trophies?? Doesn't actually bother me as it seems about short enough(8-15 hours on HLTB?) for the price that I'd probably lend it around my local PS4 crew once I'm done(and maybe even make back its cost in pints!).

So. Tearaway Unfolded. Why? Why not? Talk to me.

Coming in standard Rummy for all those who've had/played this on the PS4 - why should I get it? Slightly inspired by Nando's excellent thread about whether gamers have gotten too picky over in General Gaming I started to peruse the cheapest offerings that CEX have on the PS4 at the moment - I've seen that I could actually pick this up for a rather measly £8 pre-owned!

The question is - I know little to none about it, so tell me; why, if at all, should I? I presume also on the price level it's a very much 'play once' game with little re-playability maybe outside of trophies?? Doesn't actually bother me as it seems about short enough(8-15 hours on HLTB?) for the price that I'd probably lend it around my local PS4 crew once I'm done(and maybe even make back its cost in pints!).

So. Tearaway Unfolded. Why? Why not? Talk to me.

For £8, yes.

Basically, it's a game where you create papercraft in a story/adventure game. It uses the PS4 touchpad well, and makes use of the PS4 camera.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!