NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

This looks pretty fun but again seems better suited for the 3DS, just like Kirby and to a slightly lesser extent, Captain Toad.

I really like the idea of the GamePad only having a small part of it while everything is going on on the TV. Kind of like the DK game in Nintendo Land

So, this is coming on March 20th on both Wii U and 3DS. eShop exclusive. No matter which one you buy, you get the other as a download code.

Looks good, I'll be getting it as I love these games. However, bit disappointed at lack of amiibo compatibility. Could just use all amiibo in it and have it bring in toys for you to use in your stages.

So, this is coming on March 20th on both Wii U and 3DS. eShop exclusive. No matter which one you buy, you get the other as a download code.
Nice to see Nintendo finally embracing this concept. icon14.gif

But what about save data between the 2 versions, will they sync via local wireless, or will they be completely separate? :blank:

Nice to see Nintendo finally embracing this concept. icon14.gif

But what about save data between the 2 versions, will they sync via local wireless, or will they be completely separate? :blank:

Interesting question, hopefully they will sync. It would be cool if they created a 2 player mode where you can play one on the Wii U gamepad, the other on the 3DS, both have their own toys to get to separate doors from different destinations. Neithe player see's the others toys, entrance nor origin, but share the terrain and the platforms being drawn/removed

Glad to hear there's a 3DS version, it seems far suited to that than Wii U, though the cross buy is nice.

I like the star idea of being able to unlock new assets or tip level creators as a thank you.

FINALLY! Cross buy. Now let us do it with all our virtual console games... The fact it's a download code shows a. It definitely won't share safe files b. How clumsy must nintendos infrastructure STILL be for this to be how it handles it....

They do something good and still people demand more and complain...

its a fair point though..

what motive is there to play both when you dont have cross save feature.

They do something good and still people demand more and complain...

I wouldn't say people are demanding more, more like they are asking for what's standard. What's the point in having the game on both platforms if you have to start from scratch on each one?

One of the big appeals of cross buy is not only that you get 2 copies ( sometimes 3 in the case of PS platforms ) but you can play the game on a home console and then carry on from where you left off on a handheld.

I hope this is the case with this game, even though it wasn't mentioned. If not then I guess once again Nintendo are doing baby steps.

I thought the whole point of this version was that it was online, and other players could tip you for your stages, right? That means you will have an online profile based on your NNID, so surely both versions of the game will access your profile from the network to see what you've been "tipped" and what parts are available to you? Surely it'd be silly to have two different profiles on the same NNID for the same game?

Personally, I think the idea behind the download code is that you can give it to someone else if you don't need it. This promotion actually pushed me over the edge to buy this game. Hopefully there's plenty of content.

FINALLY! Cross buy. Now let us do it with all our virtual console games... The fact it's a download code shows a. It definitely won't share safe files b. How clumsy must nintendos infrastructure STILL be for this to be how it handles it....

I hope it's more an acknowledgement that there isn't a 1:1 relationship between Wii U and 3DS ownership. This method allows you to gift the second code if you are feeling generous or won't be playing on the other console.

In that case there is still a chance it will share between versions.

Edited by Pestneb

The amount of hype in this thread is overwhelming. Anyway here's some of the reviews for the game so far:

Game Informer – 8 / 10

Destructoid – 5 / 10

Nintendo Life (Wii U) – N/A

Nintendo Life (3DS) – N/A

GamesRadar – 8 / 10

NintendoWorldReport – 7 / 10

I feel nothing for this game. I think it's rather lazy with silly decisions like the retail box with a download code. I read the Destructoid review and it's how I feel about it.

Summary.

Edited by Wii

The amount of hype in this thread is overwhelming. Anyway here's some of the reviews for the game so far:

Game Informer – 8 / 10

Destructoid – 5 / 10

Nintendo Life (Wii U) – N/A

Nintendo Life (3DS) – N/A

GamesRadar – 8 / 10

NintendoWorldReport – 7 / 10

I feel nothing for this game. I think it's rather lazy with silly decisions like the retail box with a download code. I read the Destructoid review and it's how I feel about it.

Summary.

Only linking the negativeish review. Classy.

I had the privilege of reviewing this for a friend's site. It's good fun. It doesn't bring much new but the levels are enjoyable, the puzzles are enjoyable, the workshop is neat and the community aspect is bound to be a laugh. Is it the best game? No. Does that make it a bad game? Of course not.

I'll have some badass levels to share when it comes to it.

There will also likely be hype for it in the week it's coming out here

I played the DS version and this just looks like more of the same which wasn't very enjoyable in the first place.

Only linking the negativeish review. Classy.

I had the privilege of reviewing this for a friend's site. It's good fun. It doesn't bring much new but the levels are enjoyable, the puzzles are enjoyable, the workshop is neat and the community aspect is bound to be a laugh. Is it the best game? No. Does that make it a bad game? Of course not.

I'll have some badass levels to share when it comes to it.

There will also likely be hype for it in the week it's coming out here

Patience moany! I was busy editing them in. The Destructoid was the first to hand as it was the one I read.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I played the DS version and this just looks like more of the same which wasn't very enjoyable in the first place.

Patience moany! I was busy editing them in. The Destructoid was the first to hand as it was the one I read.

Maybe next time you should, I dunno, finish your post before posting then?

I used to be excited about these games, but now it seems like they have very little to offer in terms of new shizzle.

Maybe next time you should, I dunno, finish your post before posting then?

Nope. I'll do as I please and I add to my posts a lot. And you're always quick to jump the gun.

I had the privilege of reviewing this for a friend's site.

You shouldn't be allowed review anything. Reviewers are meant to be impartial and have some objectivity. More reviews on Metacritic and there's as many mixed reviews as there are positive reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Nope. I'll do as I please and I add to my posts a lot. And you're always quick to jump the gun.

You shouldn't be allowed review anything. Reviewers are meant to be impartial and have some objectivity. More reviews on Metacritic and there's as many mixed reviews as there are positive reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars

I beg your pardon. How dare you make such a statement to me?

I beg your pardon. How dare you make such a statement to me?

You're right to beg my pardon. How dare I? It's quite easy actually. You going getting on your uppity horse again?

You're right to beg my pardon. How dare I? It's quite easy actually. You going getting on your uppity horse again?

When you question my work and what I do because of an alleged bias and your belief that I can't separate personal feelings, yes I will be.

Amusing how this is getting better reviews than the Order

Yes, let's bring up a PS4 game in a thread that isn't relevant in the slightest.

For all the grief you give people for being negative and causing arguments, it's comments like this that cause such things.

Sign in to follow this