NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I'm stuck waiting out 2 games in a row because I changed weapon???

Yeah, it's annoying they don't have a similar system as in squad battles. If you're quick enough (quit as soon as the option appears, hit + as soon as you enter the lobby, then find the weapon you wanted in maybe 3-5 seconds, select it, hit b, down, a, a, a...) then you get straight in... but go slightly too slow and it can be harsh. I've sat out on 3 games in a row (hence learning to be a lot quicker! :D)

Those "Ost" people were presumably all together, so I imagine there weren't many slots available. If more of us had joined I suspect we'd have been switched to a different group. Shame really because

1)the more the merrier

2)that ost group were mostly terrible :|

But thanks both @Kounanand DuD, fun games!

Edited by Pestneb

The Aerospray RG

Part of the third most popular weapon series, the Aerospray RG is currently the most used weapon, having been used to cover over an impressive 2 million "p" by a total of 12 players.

It's main devotees are Helmsly, Kounan and Phube who, with between 999,999 and 280k coverage each, give a total of 1.6 Million alone!

While lacking range and packing a fairly feeble punch, the Aerospray RG has an impressive Fire rate, allowing it to rapidly cover a large area with ink and take out any foes foolish enough to come within its range!

An encounter with an Aerospray tends to be short lived and at close quarters, so squids coming against this weapon need to make sure they make every second count!

The mine can be used to excellent effect, by leaving a well placed mine to catch out would be pursuers before making a tactical retreat! Be particularly wary of Helmsly when he has ink mines at his disposition!

The Inkstrike allows users of this fine aerospray to strike deep into enemy territory while they let the main do the talking closer to home!

Just a reminder for those Steph (Pestneb) has been keeping points for: if you want stats recorded in his absence, you'll need to send friend requests to either Are (BornInNorway81) or myself (MaBex11), as we'll be sending the info onto Steph.

This weeks results:

DuD

Are

Pestneb

Helmsly

The Mole

Kounan

Nicktendo

Bit of a different week with results, DuD nabs first place, making this the second week Are hasn't taken first!

Ranked mode seemed to be a lot tougher this week than previous weeks with lower scores across the board.

Well I'm off for a few weeks as DuD mentioned, I will be taking part this week but will be absent for a while, so DuD and Are will be taking over for the next few weeks. 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th are the final 4 weeks at which point I'll follow splatnet's lead and set everything back to 0!

I think all of them, but mostly tower control. I didn't play for hours, but still, i managed to lose a rank.

I find Tower Control to be the easier of the modes.. I started to get better results when I started playing more defensively. Try to stay alive and get team mates to spawn to you so they're back in the fray quicker. Be aware of the counter that shows the people currently in play and push with the advantage. Pray your team mates aren't ridiculously bad.. sometimes you can play a blinder and get nowhere :(

My issue is Splat Zones.. and it always seems to be Splat Zones when I play.

It's not only my teammates :D, at the beginning I wasn't sure about my weapon, but later when I have improved it still didn't help, the other teams where just better. I would have a lot of kills and still no chance of winning.

Kills aren't everything, although I use Bamboo III so I like a good K/D :D however I see loads of players that either don't ink turf in ranked or go so far the other way that they aren't playing the objective.

Make sure you're not the guy inking every last mm in your Base, but do ink turf as you push forward.. it limits where the opponents can ambush you from. It gains you special meter. It slows the opponents making a counter push as you could be hiding anywhere.

Been a bit quiet but here are the results August - October 2016

1NENeRc.png

Freshness and presence are based on a few factors.. they aren't quite averages, but they can be considered as such. Freshness is almost your mean score, whereas presence is closer to your median score.

I'm making a small improvement to the weighting formula (15 minutes of play in either ranked or turf wars should now reward a similar amount of points).

I'm also considering a change to the point distribution. Previously points went from 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

I'm considering changing this to 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

I think it will make things a bit more interesting and be a little fairer. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I won't be taking scores for the next two weeks as I'll be back out of the country, Are and DuD may be taking scores over that period for those who are on their friends list or we might have a small break (or someone else may volunteer :P)

Edited by Pestneb

Yeah I've not had much chance to play the last few weeks, I've started playing Team Fortress 2 again and a few other games. I'm sure I'll be back at Splatoon at some point sooner or later.

just tried playing a couple of games.... lobbies are dead. Got into one game and then my connection died on me :(

just tried playing a couple of games.... lobbies are dead. Got into one game and then my connection died on me :(

yeah I've been coming back to this game a few times over the past couple of weeks and I end up getting disconnected every few games, which pretty much ends my interest in playing for a while. I didn't have any trouble finding games though, lobbies filled up pretty much instantly in both ranked and turf wars.

Edited by Helmsly

yeah I've been coming back to this game a few times over the past couple of weeks and I end up getting disconnected every few games, which pretty much ends my interest in playing for a while. I didn't have any trouble finding games though, lobbies filled up pretty much instantly in both ranked and turf wars.

well recently my connection got killed.. from 6mbps (already kinda slow to me) down to just under 0.5.. with uploads that hover around 0.1 and lower.... so I suspect that = connection issues for me. Also answers how usable switch online would be in the short term :|

So... I'm guessing 90% of the people on here have a switch... and from what I get, people who own this AND enjoyed it own splatoon 2... so I'm guessing it's a no... but if anyone still owns their Wii U and fancies a game of splatoon (seems now the net is much stabler than splatoon 2... maybe worth just doing as a comparison test? :P) let me know!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pestneb said:

So... I'm guessing 90% of the people on here have a switch... and from what I get, people who own this AND enjoyed it own splatoon 2... so I'm guessing it's a no... but if anyone still owns their Wii U and fancies a game of splatoon (seems now the net is much stabler than splatoon 2... maybe worth just doing as a comparison test? :P) let me know!

hey I'd be down for that. I've actually gone back to the first game a number of times over the past week because as much as I like Splatoon 2, i prefer Splatoon 1 a great deal more, although I can't explain exactly why.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Well I'm fairly free this week, just let me know when you're around and we can arrange something.

• Like 1

Nintendo just announced that it’ll be shutting down SplatNet—the online stat tracking and companion site—on 30th September. You’ll still be able to participate in all online modes as usual, so the game still has life in it yet, but alas, Nintendo is clearly beginning to shift focus elsewhere. It's only a matter of time before the servers follow suit, but hopefully that's still a ways off.

I wouldn't be surprised if the servers for all the Nintendo Wii U games close once the Switch's online service is up and running next year.

57 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the servers for all the Nintendo Wii U games close once the Switch's online service is up and running next year.

I would.  The Wii and DS' online play servers lasted for 10 years and they only closed because Gamespy (the company that ran Nintendo WFC) was shut down itself.

Splatnet 1 closing is not a surprise though.  All of Nintendo's companion services tend to shut down after around 2-3 years of running, but the games themselves remain online for many more years after (Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon's Meowth Theatre service is also closing BTW).

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1