NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Sounds like there'll be plenty of character customisation already in the game, so I would love dedicated Splatoon amiibo. The design of the Inklings is great (both forms).

Otherwise, maybe the regular Nintendo amiibo could unlock character themed arenas. That would also be great, if a little far fetched.

I expect nothing more than character customisation. This is a new franchise, they're not going to risk alienating people with this game. I for one hope amiibo dies a quick, painful death. Nintendo are testing the waters and if they deem it acceptable enough by the public will increasingly paywall features. If someone suggests otherwise I'd counter suggest that you're being naive.

I'd be delighted with genuinely cool looking custom gear. Themed arenas would be incredible but highly doubtful, though you never know, they have full on amiibo boards in mario party. As long as it's meaningful, extra lives or something tiny and pointless would be annoying!

Looks like promotion has begun for this game. Great slogan and a nice little dig at the usual grey shooters and the like on other platforms.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry and I really shouldn't be giving the competition free rebuttals but I can picture a stand next to it from Activision or the likes with the slogan:

"Sorry but did you say something?"

Sorry and I really shouldn't be giving the competition free rebuttals but I can picture a stand next to it from Activision or the likes with the slogan:

"Sorry but did you say something?"

Took me a few seconds, but you got me good. :laughing:

I hope they go both routes:

1. Splatoon Amiibo: would help a lot getting more recognition/attention to this new franchise within a broader demographic than us Nintendo maniacs ;) Could help sell the game a lot!

2. Current Amiibo: unlock stuff for customization. Always nice in a game like this.

What would you guys prefer?

Hmm. Splatoon amiibo. I think it's a bad idea, just because Nintendo much over-assume demand when it won't be there(the demand for the other current amiibo is imo greater due to them being Nintendo and/or Smash characters, be interested how Toad sells).

So - what would amiibo do? I'm with you, probs just unlock customization stuff. I doubt they'll let them unlock anything that'd give you an advantage you couldn't have had otherwise, but maybe shortcut to unlocking costume items or something maybe?

Your post did make me think though - imagine how awesome it'd be if they'd secretly developed an Inkling character for Smash that'd get a surprise release as DLC when this game hits.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Looks like promotion has begun for this game. Great slogan and a nice little dig at the usual grey shooters and the like on other platforms.

I think you're reading far too much into it. It's probably more to do with the fact that you splat paint on everything.

Incidentally, the South African retailer listed the Kirby release date as the one just revealed, so...

I think you're reading far too much into it. It's probably more to do with the fact that you splat paint on everything.

You are mistaken, my friend.

NINTENDO's mockery plans of all things grey go back way back...

4BIbsyF.png

But then of course, they did change their logos to the colour grey so...

...I suppose...

z5s.jpg

NINTENDO BITCHES!!!!!

You are mistaken, my friend.

NINTENDO's mockery plans of all things grey go back way back...

You mean Treehouse. You're giving Nintendo's marketing team far too much credit here.

You mean Treehouse. You're giving Nintendo's marketing team far too much credit here.

Wait a sec... Nintendo actually have a marketing team?!!

monkey-typing-o.gif

Hahaha! Gold!!!

This is also the team responsible for online communication in games it seems.

It's such a shame, Splatoon looks like it could be great. They've got the different weapons, character customisation with stats being effected... it opens up so many possibilities for team-work... all for naught without that which will not be mentioned.

Increase defence stats for holding down positions and defending/slowly pushing forward, increase movement speed for those rushing the front-lines and flanking etc. There's the array of weapons and specials that will lean toward different play-styles and roles too.

It's such a shame, Splatoon looks like it could be great. They've got the different weapons, character customisation with stats being effected... it opens up so many possibilities for team-work... all for naught without that which will not be mentioned.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

It's true though @Ronnie, you can't put up an argument against it so you go with the picture that everyone thinks as soon as Nintendo confirm that there's no voice chat in their online games.

...it's also what everyone does when you post funnily enough.

A team based game without the ability to communicate with your team..?! It's tragic!

My point is we've heard the same thing from you over, and over and over and over and over again.

This looks great, I'd even go as far to say that it looks the best thing shown in all conferences! I just hope they give it voice-chat as this would need it!

This. This is my only issue. If it doesn't gave full voice-chat this game suddenly becomes a meh game to me!

If they do end up putting voice chat in this it will quickly become my most hyped game! It soooo needs voice chat!

God no, I don't care for any excuses! This absolutely, unequivocally, NEEDS voice-chat!

This game would be SO much better for it! I can't wait to get my hands on it... although if it doesn't have voice-chat I'd play it a fraction of what I would compared to if it has voice-chat.

For me, for this game online with voice-chat absolutely is the be all and end all.

This game desperately needs voice-chat. It would be all the better for it!

Yeah I'd figured. They're so out touch it's unreal. This would've been must-have for me if it had voice-chat.

I think it looks fantastic, but that hinges on voice-chat. If it doesn't have it then it just dampens the experience of the team-play online and that's a big no-no for me.

Voice-chat with friends is a must for any game. Voice chat with randoms should be in there, there's always the option to mute people!

If you can chat with friends then I'll pick it up day 1. I'm sick of online gaming that is soulless as a result if not being able to talk to my friends. It's just nowhere near as fun.

If there's full voice-chat in the game it'll be one of my most anticipated games, if not then I'll not be picking it up.

Unfortunately I'm not interested in the single player for this. I think it just looks so-so, the multiplayer looks like it could be really good but without being able to talk to each other, for me, it loses something very important. I do hope chatting with friends is in.

For me, I don't think MK voice-chat would cut the mustard. Don't forget, it's lobby chat, and that isn't a substitute for in-game chat.

It could be even better if that which will not be mentioned was in it.

It's such a shame, Splatoon looks like it could be great. ... all for naught without that which will not be mentioned.

FFS. You think this game needs voice chat, WE GET IT!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway

I'm quite excited for the single player campaign. Seems pretty badass.

@Ronnie in the interest of balance would you also do a compilation of you complaining about the people complaining?

Maybe you can also do one of people telling you to add people that bore you to your ignore list?

Such fun times to be had!

And I'm sick of seeing this crappy facepalm image constantly regurgitated.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

...FFS. You think this game needs voice chat, WE GET IT!

I'll continue to post it. Each time I feel it's relevant to what I want to say or each time they release some news about the game, because I want to know.

Just because im not singing it's praises it doesn't mean I can't post.

You keep posting how you like the look of the game, for fucks sake, we get it.

See what I mean?

And I'm sick of seeing this crappy facepalm image constantly regurgitated.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

How about this one then?

hqdefault.jpg