NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

General E3 Reactions/Highlights

Have you? Xbox One or PS4?

PS4, just waiting for it to hit £300 with a couple of games.

Boooooo! Thought you would have went with the One. Still, I'll get a PS4 at some point so I will still be able to hook up with you eventually.

You decided which next gen console you are going to get yet?

Nope! I was hoping E3 would help with making a decision but it hasn't at all.

I also now think I'd like to see what 3rd Parties think about/can do with the extra boost with the Kinectless XBO. If it's brings up their games to par it'll be an even more difficult decision.

Nope! I was hoping E3 would help with making a decision but it hasn't at all.

I also now think I'd like to see what 3rd Parties think about/can do with the extra boost with the Kinectless XBO. If it's brings up their games to par it'll be an even more difficult decision.

Are they no franchises that could prove the tipping point for you? Halo? Gears? Uncharted? God of War? Or will it just generally be a third party machine for you?

Boooooo! Thought you would have went with the One. Still, I'll get a PS4 at some point so I will still be able to hook up with you eventually.

Never know, Microsoft buy Capcom, I'll go where Monster Hunter is.

Never know, Microsoft buy Capcom, I'll go where Monster Hunter is.

If they nabbed them and made MH for a console that has all the bells and whistles of a good internet setup....*drools*

You decided which next gen console you are going to get yet?

Are they no franchises that could prove the tipping point for you? Halo? Gears? Uncharted? God of War? Or will it just generally be a third party machine for you?

Out of those I only really rate Halo... and I have played them all. The others I found to be good but not great, many of the 3rd Party games are better. It really would be a 3rd Party machine for me.

Out of those I only really rate Halo... and I have played them all. The others I found to be good but not great, many of the 3rd Party games are better. It really would be a 3rd Party machine for me.

The PS4 is probably the way to go then. It has the technical edge to get games running better than on the One.

I can't see the kinectless upgrade making that big of a difference in terms of performance. Phil Spencer even stated this the other day in a roundabout way. I think he was just trying to keep grounded on the subject.

The PS4 is probably the way to go then. It has the technical edge to get games running better than on the One.

I can't see the kinectless upgrade making that big of a difference in terms of performance. Phil Spencer even stated this the other day in a roundabout way. I think he was just trying to keep grounded on the subject.

Hmmm, more food for thought then. Although I prefer the XBO pad.

I'm so indecisive!

Hmmm, more food for thought then. Although I prefer the XBO pad.

I'm so indecisive!

I know what your going through. I went through it at the end of last year and was going back and forth for ages. It was my brother buying the One and then one of my nephews that helped me make my mind up.

I will say the PS4 pad is a massive improvement and my favourite pad after the GameCube. The thing feels slick.

I will say the PS4 pad is a massive improvement and my favourite pad after the GameCube. The thing feels slick.

I can confirm this. It's very, very sexy. It's very sexual to hold.

Which games are you interested in?

I think It's going to be quite a while before I invest in a PS4. So far the only game that's really got my attention is Rime, which doesn't even have a release date yet. Quite like the look of Resogun as well, but that's not enough to justify picking up the console now.

Anymore quirky PS4 games on the horizon? Would love a sequel to Tokyo Jungle. ;)

I can confirm this. It's very, very sexy. It's very sexual to hold.

Oh it's much more comfy to hold than the past iterations, isn't quite up to the comfort of the Cube or 360 pads, but my big gripe is with the placement of the analogue sticks... having them both positioned where they are is something I really do not like at all.

Oh it's much more comfy to hold than the past iterations, isn't quite up to the comfort of the Cube or 360 pads, but my big gripe is with the placement of the analogue sticks... having them both positioned where they are is something I really do not like at all.

Yeah, one of my mates has the same issue with the stick placements. He loves Uncharted and God of War but will not play anything else on his PS3 ( plays primarily on the 360 ) due to the pad.

When are you thinking about picking another console up?

What about @Blade? You picking up another console as well?

Yeah, one of my mates has the same issue with the stick placements. He loves Uncharted and God of War but will not play anything else on his PS3 ( plays primarily on the 360 ) due to the pad.

When are you thinking about picking another console up?

What about @Blade? You picking up another console as well?

I went into Grainger Games yesterday on my lunch hour to check out the two consoles and I felt there just aren't enough games I want at the moment to warrant grabbing one. The XBO looked the more inticing with Titanfall.

I was thinking of picking one up within the next few months, something to plug the insanely huge gaps in the WiiU's library. Especially huge considering the only titles coming that are exciting me for WiiU are Smash Bros, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon and Zelda... I don't think I'll be picking up any others they announced as they just do nothing for me. I'd have killed for a Metroid or Waverace at E3... and more new IP.

Splatoon though looks fantastic, as long as it gets voice-chat.

Yeah, I figured Titanfall could sway you a bit.

The end of year 3rd party lineup is looking great for both PS4 and One.

Evolve

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Evil Within

Assassins Creed Unity

Alien Isolation

Destiny

Far Cry 4

Battlefield: Hardline

GTAV

Shadows of Mordor

Which ever console you pick you should have plenty to keep you going. :D

The stick placement is basically to preserve D-pad functionality which otherwise suffers when placed elsewhere. You can put the stick lower down (just like the right one) and it doesn't really matter, but the D-pad just isn't as good when you put that lower like on the 360 or GameCube pads.

Might seem less useful to have but the D-pad is used an awful lot for weapon switching and on screen menu navigation in quite a lot of games. It's one of my biggest gripes with the 360 pad which is otherwise quite comfortable.

The end of year 3rd party lineup is looking great for both PS4 and One.

Evolve

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Evil Within

Assassins Creed Unity

Alien Isolation

Destiny

Far Cry 4

Battlefield: Hardline

GTAV

Shadows of Mordor

Which ever console you pick you should have plenty to keep you going. :D

Indeed. Looking forward to Evolve, Evil Within, AC Unity, Alien (to agree, because I'm already scared as fuck), Destiny, Far Cry 4, Battlefield and GTAV.

And some people still say 3rd parties don't matter :laughing: :p

The stick placement is basically to preserve D-pad functionality which otherwise suffers when placed elsewhere. You can put the stick lower down (just like the right one) and it doesn't really matter, but the D-pad just isn't as good when you put that lower like on the 360 or GameCube pads.

Might seem less useful to have but the D-pad is used an awful lot for weapon switching and on screen menu navigation in quite a lot of games. It's one of my biggest gripes with the 360 pad which is otherwise quite comfortable.

The Pro Controller for the WiiU has it sorted... if it had analogue triggers it'd be the dog's dangly bits!

I actually find the Wii U Pro controller to be pretty shabby, with such hard buttons (thumb hurt after extended MK8 play) and the sticks opposite to where they feel right. The thing just feels very cheap as well to me, like after I pick up one of the other controllers the gap in build quality is really big. Generally feels like an afterthought compared to something like the GameCube pad.

I hate the pro controller. Having the position of the buttons and analogue stick switched around just feels wrong.

I actually find the Wii U Pro controller to be pretty shabby, with such hard buttons (thumb hurt after extended MK8 play) and the sticks opposite to where they feel right. The thing just feels very cheap as well to me, like after I pick up one of the other controllers the gap in build quality is really big. Generally feels like an afterthought compared to something like the GameCube pad.

I hate the pro controller. Having the position of the buttons and analogue stick switched around just feels wrong.

Both analogues are now in the most natural position for your thumb, it's great! Finally a pad has it right!

Funnily enough though, I prefer the Gamepad, the spacing between the buttons and the right analogue is perfect and the analogues themselves both being level is far better than the off-kilter Miscrosoft version or the completely stupid Sony version where they're both off-kilter.

Edited by Kav

The buttons though...not at all natural for the thumb! I agree that the higher position is generally more comfortable to keep your thumb at but buttons just don't work anywhere else as well. It's why neither Microsoft or Sony have ever wedged the second stick up there.