NEurope
Retro_Link

No Man's Sky

Finished my base and built all the exocrafts. A little bit disappointed about the build limit, it severely limited the vision I had for my base but I made do with what I had.

I have a farm in the top/right of the pictures below but it's not much of money making farm until I can find some albumen pearls. But that's another day, can't be bothered to search the universe for them now. But a heads up for everyone else, keep at least three of them or build the base there if you want to make some serious cash.

I haven't bought a freigher yet so I don't know how they work, still below my spending limit.

17498681_10210609613490233_5977028670267

17498552_10210609619050372_8593833737800

17425928_10210609621530434_8781266756441

17309780_10210609623410481_5492090217534

17309869_10210609625650537_5372274650051

One of many interface improvements. You can also rename your base, ship, weapon and exovehicle.

17362665_10210609627850592_8494986299842

Remember the complaints about space station only habitated by one soul, they're a bit more crowded now :p

17362522_10210609626730564_1803814966929

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

So is anyone still playing this?

There was an ARG called waking titan set up by hello games which started back in June and ended last night. The last thing we saw (after a crazy AI became sentient) was the AI 'uploading' its dreams and a picture of a portal with a pedestal in front of it with 16 glyphs on the pedestal.

Then there was an email saying waking titan had ended and we would receive a email from SM within the next 24 hours :) Theory is that an update will drop tomorrow on the 1 year anniversary!

Well, not lately, but I have played enjoyed the last few patches and have a base built. Looking forward to anything else they will add.

I've actually been following and participating in the ARG. I signed up to it and received the codes with that disc wheel decoder, which I then had to solve. It's been quite fun! I've followed that Twitch feed with the mouse-maze, too. 

I've not played the game since before the foundation update. I was really into the game, then got sidetracked by something else. The updates look great! I was planning to jump in after the second one, but then I heard that the third one was going to be a big addition, so I thought I'd wait.

I still listen to the soundtrack on Spotify. One of the best "gaming" soundtracks ever, imo. It's pretty much just a new 65Days album, but it's so good and fits the game.

Looking forward to seeing what exactly 1.3 is. Time to jump back in, I think.

• Like 1

Hello Citizen Scientists,

It’s been a year since No Man’s Sky first released, and it’s been an exciting, intense and emotional year for us at Hello Games. We have been quiet, but we have been listening intently.

We've spent that year working hard on free updates for this game our team cares about so much.

Update 1.3 will release this week and will be available for free to all No Man’s Sky players. We're calling it Atlas Rises. It focuses on improving the central story of No Man’s Sky and adds the ability to quick travel between locations using portals. Patch notes will be made available shortly before the update goes live.

What we do is much more important than what we say, but since launch we have sometimes focused too much on that.

We wanted to reach out and celebrate the devoted community that means so much to us. We launched Waking Titan to try to do that.

When we posted those cassettes we didn't know what to expect. In the last eight weeks a quarter of a million players from across the globe (174 countries, to be precise!) have come together - united by a shared love of mystery and science fiction - to form the Citizen Science Division. You’ve travelled great distances both real and virtual, undertaken complex tasks, and explored the depths of simulation theory. New friendships have been forged, and a tight-knit community has been created. Most importantly a cute hamster has a new home.

You've become part of the No Man's Sky origin story.

It's been an honour to watch, but this is just the beginning. Whether you’ve followed Waking Titan or not, we welcome anyone to sign up to the Citizen Science Division, and to join us on the official CSD forums.

Our journey continues.

Thank you for this year. We hope you enjoy what comes next.

Sean

Excited for the new update to drop this week!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I still listen to the soundtrack on Spotify. One of the best "gaming" soundtracks ever, imo. It's pretty much just a new 65Days album, but it's so good and fits the game.

I listen to that album all the time. 'Asimov' is one of my favourite tracks, possibly ever!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, somme said:

It focuses on improving the central story of No Man’s Sky

What story!

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

What story!

I'm guessing you didn't play long enough to realise there is a hefty amount of lore in-game. 

If you don't like the game, don't want to play it, and didn't play it long enough to really know anything about it, why come in here every single time there's activity and proceed to be overly negative? We get it, you don't like it. Move on. 

• Like 1

I too love the OST to this game to the extent that I've listened to it more than I've played the game.

The game is no longer in my collection, I have no regrets.

Although it may have had a rough start, I'm glad to see that the developers have managed to salvage something from it by way of updates. :)

12 minutes ago, somme said:

I'm guessing you didn't play long enough to realise there is a hefty amount of lore in-game. 

If you don't like the game, don't want to play it, and didn't play it long enough to really know anything about it, why come in here every single time there's activity and proceed to be overly negative? We get it, you don't like it. Move on. 

Complaining about complaining?

Why not ask the same question of the many others who post negative opinions on games? I wasted my money on this game and I'm entitled to moan about it, thank you.

Oh and lore =/= story.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Complaining about complaining?

Why not ask the same question of the many others who post negative opinions on games? I wasted my money on this game and I'm entitled to moan about it, thank you.

Oh and lore =/= story.

Well, the lore had over-arcing plots so yes I would say it had many stories. 

And no I'm not complaining about complaining. I'm just complaining about you. You rile people up all over this forum, and to be honest I've had my fill. I've been on this forum since the GameCube days but I just can't be bothered anymore.

• Like 2

Great way to derail a thread, well done.

Back to discussing the game, if that's ok with you, I'm happy they're adding a storyline to it as it's in desperate need of one. Hearing the history and politics of the three races does not equal a story. There was nothing more disappointing than finally finishing the Atlas quest and being presented with that utter sham of a pay off. I appreciate the devs working to make the game decent though and adding extra content for free. Commendable given they could have easily just jumped ship. Fingers crossed it's a good meaty update because I want this game to be good.

Edited by Ronnie

If you wanted to discuss the game, why didn't you do that to begin with?

A two word sarcastic comment is not a discussion of anything.

And somme did the right thing to call you out on it, there's nothing personal about it.

Edited by Tales

There was no sarcasm in my comment. But you're right, it wasn't an in-depth, well argued opinion piece. Not every post on message boards is that. Plenty of people on here put two or three word replies. Do you think attacking another member is ok?

Sounded like sarcasm to me, but I guess that's Internet for you. Anyway I wouldn't say he was attacking you...not yet anyway.

Edited by Tales

10 minutes ago, Tales said:

And somme did the right thing to call you out on it, there's nothing personal about it.

Really. So you're saying the next time someone posts a disparaging comment about a video game on here, people would be doing the right thing in dismissing their view and telling them to stop posting?

3 minutes ago, Tales said:

Sounded like sarcasm to me, but I guess that's Internet for you. Anyway I wouldn't say he was attacking you...not yet anyway.

We could have discussed the game and been civil like adults, but he chose to discuss me instead. How is this a good thing?

Edited by Ronnie

19 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Really. So you're saying the next time someone posts a disparaging comment about a video game on here, people would be doing the right thing in dismissing their view and telling them to stop posting?

Yes, why not :p I wouldn't mind that in threads for games I like ;)

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We could have discussed the game, but he chose to discuss me instead. How is this a good thing?

If you could have done that to begin with, I don't think he would.

Anyway, I'm done. You two have fun. I'll post again when I've played the game after the patch and bought that freighter I'm drooling over.

Also, how do I post/re-post pictures in this new forum? Simply adding img tags to my old pictures didn't work. Believe they are stored on Facebook.

Edited by Tales

7 minutes ago, Tales said:

Also, how do I post/re-post pictures in this new forum? Simply adding img tags to my old pictures didn't work. Believe they are stored on Facebook.

Right-click the hosted image you want to post.

Choose "copy image location"

Paste directly into the reply box.

If it can be linked to then it will automatically change to display the image, if not then try again after rehosting the image yourself somewhere.

Also if you want to add a link to an image, hold CTRL and right-click on the image, then choose Edit and put whatever you want to link to in the URL box.

Like this...

uS4bpVuQJZRSEYuYU5mEwWD9TUBkR4tE63bHcoApHTU.jpg?w=638%26s=2cd04e3b013664474adf269a52f82a38&f=1

Sorry, not sorry... I couldn't resist... :p

Anyway, hope this helps and I hope that everyone still playing enjoys all of the newly added content. :)

• Like 3

Could be FB don't allow the hotlink image anymore? It said I don't have the authorization to view it.

Will have a go at NMS after the new update landed. 

My pictures? If you try to view them on FB, they're set for my view only. I updated the post now. It's the first picture on this page, with photos from the 1.2 patch.

Edited by Tales

The best part about the updates is looking at the patch notes to see what else they've added. If there's one thing that Hello Games has done well, it's that they've supported the game post-launch with some good updates, tweaks and additions.

I'm all for something which aims to improve the story of the game! Not sure what exactly it could be, because it could be a huge range of things. Missions? Sidequests? A big main quest? NPCs? I dunno. We'll see first, then play, then judge.

10 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

The best part about the updates is looking at the patch notes to see what else they've added. If there's one thing that Hello Games has done well, it's that they've supported the game post-launch with some good updates, tweaks and additions.

I'm all for something which aims to improve the story of the game! Not sure what exactly it could be, because it could be a huge range of things. Missions? Sidequests? A big main quest? NPCs? I dunno. We'll see first, then play, then judge.

It could be a huge range of things because there is no main story to begin with, so anything in addition to what is basically a game about crafting would be a start. Maybe something like fleshing out the centre of the galaxy, I read that that was just as disappointing as the Atlas quest outcome.

Recurring NPCs would be good. My favourite part of the game was running into those two aliens at the anomaly stations, because they were NPCs whom your relationship with actually evolved and was authored. The game felt alive in those moments, not running into procedurally generated alien #92 giving you procedurally generated quest #492 on procedurally generate building #2353.