Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Sports Club

Dcubed

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I struggle with them all to be honest, though haven't played much. What's the trick?

The control system is ridiculously deep. Too much so?

I do get instances where M+ freaks out on me. It doesn't let you go past, say 90degrees to the left or right, as when you do, it freaks out and inverts to the other side. :hmm: I then have to re-calibrate via the Menu as down on the d-pad doesn't work.

In regards to the game though: (Note: I'm right-handed)

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01n9spp.jpg

When hitting it in this position, I find turning your wrist clockwise (Like turning a key) adds a lot of swerve to the ball and backspin to the ball, making the ball spin to the right.

Turning your wrist anticlockwise (as if you are coming down over the ball) gives a lot of top spin and is great for net play. Timing is also key and is just like in the original Wii Sports but is far more sensitive due to motion plus and your position of the racquet. You also don't need to swing as frantically.

When backhanding the ball:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xcsg6.jpg

Early position is key but again, swerve can be key.

A clockwise flick of the wrist will put top spin over the net, anticlockwise swerve backspin to the left.

I find it important to look at the racquet position as much as the ball...if not more so as you generally tend to know early where the ball is going to drop.

In my opinion positioning of the racquet and making a judgement on which technique to use for your shot is where the skill of this game lies.but yeah...it's still rock solid!

Hope this helps someone! : peace:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ysdn9.jpg

Resulting in...Second platinum of the day. :D

Edited by tapedeck

It's the backspin I don't fully get, I seem to back spin it and it goes at quite a pace to th back of the court, but definitely no curve.

You have any tips on how to lob it with frequency?

Backspin always seems to go deep. I have joy when holding the racquet almost vertically and being as minimal with movement as possible. Pain though as sometimes gentle doesn't register.

Lobbing is something I haven't fully mastered and is needed for me to improve. Primarily because of multiplayer when playing the star players as many of them spam the net. :nono:

Edited by tapedeck

OHOHOHOH! What have we here? A sneaky peek at Golf in Wii Sports Club you say?

Oh Nintendo, you sly dogs ;) (That's definitely not old footage BTW,

- so that's definitely the real deal; must be coming soon if they're already advertising it :) ) Edited by Dcubed

OHOHOHOH! What have we here? A sneaky peek at Golf in Wii Sports Club you say?

Oh Nintendo, you sly dogs ;) (That's definitely not old footage BTW,

- so that's definitely the real deal; must be coming soon if they're already advertising it :) )
Ahhh man... it looks like they've drained all the colour out of Golf too :( ... What gives!?

Cool, hope means it'll be out before Xmas, if it is I'll buy all 3 sports!

Whats on the notice board thing to the left? I can makes out the words Instagram and Reggie only... wonder if this'll be the "new look" game teased for VGX :heh:

EDIT

Also can't make out from the video, but does that look like a new course?

Cool, hope means it'll be out before Xmas, if it is I'll buy all 3 sports!

Whats on the notice board thing to the left? I can makes out the words Instagram and Reggie only... wonder if this'll be the "new look" game teased for VGX :heh:

EDIT

Also can't make out from the video, but does that look like a new course?

Can't tell, the camera angle doesn't show enough for me to tell if it's a new course or not...

That being said, I'd be shocked if it didn't get released before Xmas day. They've been dropping hints for the last week or so and they've already started advertising it on TV in the US...

• 2 weeks later...

Because i want to be playing Golf for Xmas when I go to my sisters on Xmas Eve :p

I know I could just bring Resort but I've not transfered my Wii data to Wii U and I'm lazy too haha. One of my cousins who will be at my sisters house Xmas Eve also me and him are very competitive on Golf would be nice to have a new feature with the Gamepad use and hopefully some new courses haha.

ah well

Just realised next Thursday is the last before Xmas, Golf has to be in next weeks eShop update surely...

They need something to fill Jan-Feb. I think that'll be it. :blush:

On another note - I thought it a poor business decision by SquareEnix to not release the Tomb Raider remake alongside the PS4/XBone re-releases in January. Would have been good to have mimicked their DeusEx release, especially as Lara has released on Ninty platforms in the past. This industry. :indeed:

Back on topic :P

Would love more sports for Christmas but think that the two sports titles, WiiU Party and SMW3D are great titles for family play time this Christmas. Also, still loving tennis. Had a few games on this and the original today. This version annihilates the original.

Edited by tapedeck

I think that Golf will still be released before the end of the year, while Baseball will see release in January and Boxing will be pushed to March (they're having trouble getting online to work in Boxing according to the Iwata Asks interview, so that'll take some extra time, but they'll push to get it out before the end of the fiscal year).

Book it!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!