NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Direct Today 3:00PM... I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY!

You do realise that 99% of rumours are absolute bollock, right?

Yes because I quote every rumour going. I'm very selective about them, it was from a reliable source and sites like Amazon had moved the listing into 2014. Try harder and was the rumour b@ll@cks?

Yes because I quote every rumour going. I'm very selective about them, it was from a reliable source and sites like Amazon had moved the listing into 2014. Try harder and was the rumour b@ll@cks?

The delayed stuff wasn't a rumour, it was an observation based upon retailer activity...

I thought the ND was good. 3D & Lost World both look terrific, and I also noticed that quite a few people are now looking forward to 3D World after today's trailer.

I thought the ND was good. 3D & Lost World both look terrific, and I also noticed that quite a few people are now looking forward to 3D World after today's trailer.

Yes 3D World looks miles better now. E3 had made it look awful.

People expecting Gamecube games on VC, I really wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't think it will ever happen.

Mario 3D World looks much more impressive. They should've showed this 1st time around.

Here's a wacky thought, maybe it wasn't ready for such a grand trailer and/or they wanted to build the hype closer to release?

Wii Karaoke U. Vomit. POS. But they can't get DKCR:TF out for Christmas.

Are you honestly comparing Wii Karaoke U to DKCR:TF in terms of development times? And anyway didn't you say Nintendo only delayed DK not to cannibalise sales of their other games?

Yes 3D World looks miles better now. E3 had made it look awful.

In your opinion. Whinge whinge whinge, then eat your words.

Edited by Ronnie

In your opinion. Whinge whinge whinge, then eat your words.

Go bother someone else. I haven't ate my words it looked awful at E3. That was their fault. People are allowed to revise their opinion you know, I've no problem saying it looks good now. If they had shown this first there wouldn't have been such a backlash initially.

Wii Karaoke U. Vomit. POS. But they can't get DKCR:TF out for Christmas.

So which is it, your original point above that they didn't have enough time to make DKCR by Christmas or your later "I called it" point that they delayed it not to impact other games' sales?

That's ignoring your laughable suggestion that the former's development cycle is anything like the latter's.

So which is it, your original point above that they didn't have enough time to make DKCR by Christmas or your later "I called it" point that they delayed it not to impact other games' sales?

That's ignoring your laughable suggestion that the former's development cycle is anything like the latter's.

No my point is DKCR:TF is a core game that is a much more attractive game while Karaoke is a piece of sh1t aimed at casuals. DK was the only game I was looking forward to before Christmas but 3D World looking good now has cushioned that blow. Again run along now and go bother somebody else.

No my point is DKCR:TF is a core game that is a much more attractive game while Karaoke is a piece of sh1t aimed at casuals. DK was the only game I was looking forward to before Christmas but 3D World looking good now has cushioned that blow. Again run along now and go bother somebody else.

You realise that one game doesn't affect another game when they have different developers, so Wii Karaoke U has no effect on Donkey Kong Country, or Super Mario 3D World, or Pokémon X & Y...

If a game is delayed, it's delayed for a reason. Them rushing it to launch at a specified date would be the bad move.

I'm not at all interrested in any of the side scrollers Nintendo are churning out for some assinine reason. All I want is for Retro Studios to make something worthwhile. Every day they continue working on Yarn Yoshi, DKCRRR and whatnot is a complete waste of talent and time.

I'm not at all interrested in any of the side scrollers Nintendo are churning out for some assinine reason. All I want is for Retro Studios to make something worthwhile. Every day they continue working on Yarn Yoshi, DKCRRR and whatnot is a complete waste of talent and time.

Donkey Kong Country Returns outsold the entire Metroid Prime trilogy put together. In Nintendo's eyes, and in Retro's eyes as they ASKED to do it, it IS worthwhile.

You realise that one game doesn't affect another game when they have different developers, so Wii Karaoke U has no effect on Donkey Kong Country, or Super Mario 3D World, or Pokémon X & Y...

No you're the first person to figure this out, ever. Congratulations!

No you're the first person to figure this out, ever. Congratulations!

Well it's the way you're speaking. You're whining about them having to delay Donkey Kong Country while being able to put out stuff like Wii Karaoke U

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that Nintendo's commercial strategy needs to revolve around you. Aiming games towards the casual market certainly doomed the Wii to failure didn't it. ...oh wait.

Sorry but I totally disagree and this argument kinda riles me a bit.

The whole 'wasting time and talent' thing. They'd be wasting time and talent if they weren't doing anything. As in, not making games. Yet instead they actually are. The DK series is one of the most loved and well made game franchises going. The new DK game looks incredible, like seriously good. Could well be the best in the series what with the new game play elements and added characters etc.

It's going to be a fantastic game and it will be a good seller. A game that will probably continue to sell long after launch week as people (hopefully) pick the console up. It isn't a waste of time at all. The previous games were so good that this demands their time to ensure this one is just as enjoyable too.

Well it's the way you're speaking. You're whining about them having to delay Donkey Kong Country while being able to put out stuff like Wii Karaoke U

Who says they have to? They've had so many game delays and if they knowingly chose to delay DK to fill a schedule hole then it shows a lack of respect to their customers. Which game would you rather play, DK or Karaoke? Karaoke isn't even a game and it's diarrhea.

Mario 3D World looked great.

I'm disappointed that DKC Tropical Freeze has been delayed.

I'm happy to see Sonic is back in Smash brothers.

I'm mixed about Scribblenauts, its finally getting a release which I guess is good but its way too late now. Heck, it isn't getting a release until December meanwhile Unmasked is available right now on PC.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that Nintendo's commercial strategy needs to revolve around you. Aiming games towards the casual market certainly doomed the Wii to failure didn't it. ...oh wait.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Chickens coming home to roost springs to mind.

Who says they have to? They've had so many game delays and if they knowingly chose to delay DK to fill a schedule hole then it shows a lack of respect to their customers. Which game would you rather play, DK or Karaoke? Karaoke isn't even a game and it's diarrhea.

If the game didn't need delaying, it wouldn't have been bloody delayed.

Your point would have validity if Wii Karaoke U had been pushed forward to take its place, but it had not. It had been completed months ago, with localisation being completed recently for release on Friday.

Come on, you're clutching at straws to whine here.

Has anyone got a clip of Shibata and Karaoke U by itself and not part of the whole Direct video? :)

If the game didn't need delaying, it wouldn't have been bloody delayed.

Your point would have validity if Wii Karaoke U had been pushed forward to take its place, but it had not. It had been completed months ago, with localisation being completed recently for release on Friday.

Come on, you're clutching at straws to whine here.

And with that I'm done. You're either not listening or understanding.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Some proper whining in here.

I've just read that Karaoke is just for sh1t casual gamers and that Retro aren't making worthwhile games anymore.

Reality:

Karaoke outsells most other forms of entertainment all over the world.

DKC sells gangbusters as Nintendo faithful don't buy Metroid in vast numbers...

Is it really that hard to understand?

Some proper whining in here.

I've just read that Karaoke is just for sh1t casual gamers and that Retro aren't making worthwhile games anymore.

Reality:

Karaoke outsells most other forms of entertainment all over the world.

DKC sells gangbusters as Nintendo faithful don't buy Metroid in vast numbers...

Is it really that hard to understand?

Newsflash: I buy consoles to play video games not some sh1tty @ssed Karaoke puke fest with Wing Han Tsang versions of songs. I don't care how much it sells. Sh1t sells, just look at X Factor, Big Brother, 1 Direction and Geordie Shore for examples. Doesn't make them any good or mean I give a F#%K.

It was a good move by Nintendo to delay DK. Before Christmas they have SM3DW, Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club. DK and Mario would have knocked sales off each other. It's great it has been moved to Q1 as spreading things out is a much better strategy than having everything grouped in Q4.

One of the big problems with the industry is basically October through to December 25th is just packed out with quality releases and a lot of them get lost in the rush.

Newsflash: I buy consoles to play video games not some sh1tty @ssed Karaoke puke fest with Wing Han Tsang versions of songs. I don't care how much it sells. Sh1t sells, just look at X Factor, Big Brother, 1 Direction and Geordie Shore for examples. Doesn't make them any good.

Then maybe buy your console until after the good games are out? Seriously man, chill out it's nothing to get upset about. If you feel that way about it (and I do too I'm just done being annoyed about it) then just sell your Wii U like I am.