NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Direct Today 3:00PM... I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY!

Mario 3D World looks much more impressive. They should've showed this 1st time around. DKCR delayed into 2014. Called it. Bad move Nintendo.

If a game is delayed, it's delayed for a reason. Them rushing it to launch at a specified date would be the bad move.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is way too late now. Can't it be bought on Steam for next to nothing? No doubt they'll try and charge us at least €50 for this much delayed game. No deal!

If a game is delayed, it's delayed for a reason. Them rushing it to launch at a specified date would be the bad move.
I think everyone knows that. Best to just not give a release date then.

So they updated the PIkmin leader boards but didn't allow you to filter friends? Oh lord Nintendo are utterly clueless at times. I really really don't care where I stack in the world; only a few people are going to care cause they'll be at the top, everyone else couldn't give a fuck. Surely we all want to compare ourselves with our friends!?! If they want to sell more mission mode levels they need to make it more competitive, and comparing with friends would do that. Who makes these decisions at Nintendo? Does no one point these things out to them?!

Donkey kong delay is bad, game I was most excited for really. Though 3D world looked incredible so that's jumped to the top. Online in mario and sonic was a huge surprise and a very promising inclusion, hope it's a sign of things to come in the future.

Very disappointed at no virtual console or wii u services. Like this mornings update, disappointing. And losing donkey kong is going to hurt. Just don't understand how nintendo believe this line up will really get millions of people wanting the console.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is way too late now. Can't it be bought on Steam for next to nothing? No doubt they'll try and charge us at least €50 for this much delayed game. No deal!

So you'd rather they just ignore it? They haven't mentioned price and yet you're ready to assume and then bitch at the company based on said assumption?

Donkey kong delayed then. Add that to the ever growing list of Nintendo developed Wii U games that have seen a delay. HD development is kicking their butt.

Probably a smart move delaying DKC, as long as it does release in the first couple of months of 2014, they really can't afford another drought like the start of this year. Depending on when they get Mario Kart out they should be able to build some sort of a momentum leading into the next financial year.

So you'd rather they just ignore it? They haven't mentioned price and yet you're ready to assume and then bitch at the company based on said assumption?

I'd rather they release Unmasked. They shouldn't even bother releasing this here, you know its going to be £30+ and in the face of how much it costs on PC that's just fucking stupid. Its a down right farce that its taken this long for it to come out especially since it was freaking released here by mistake in complete form on the eshop, not sure if any retail copies made it out. I know it was released in the PAL land that is Australia.

Good direct, SMW3D looks awesome and sonic lost world OMG I'm so getting that :D

Donkey kong delayed then. Add that to the ever growing list of Nintendo developed Wii U games that have seen a delay. HD development is kicking their butt.

Huh? Nintendo have a history of delaying games, this is nothing new at all. HD hurdle or not Nintendo will generally wait until a game is polished before releasing it.

No "and one more thing"? :(
fbMvxuK.jpg

I find it hilarious how some people think SM3DW only looks good now. :indeed: It looked awesome from the moment it was first announced!

Anyway, pretty decent Direct I thought. Although Nintendo are doing the usual thing of cramming October and November with more than they can comfortably hold. :nono:

Actually pretty glad DK is no longer out in 2013. Will need something to play next year while waiting for MK8. ;)

Gotta agree with these opinions on Scribblenauts. You must have one terrible computer or be one massive fanboy to pay the very likely full RRP on that thing considering the prices it's available at elsewhere.

I'd rather they release Unmasked. They shouldn't even bother releasing this here, you know its going to be £30+ and in the face of how much it costs on PC that's just fucking stupid. Its a down right farce that its taken this long for it to come out especially since it was freaking released here by mistake in complete form on the eshop, not sure if any retail copies made it out. I know it was released in the PAL land that is Australia.

I too would rather Unmasked as I already have played through Unlimited on my Wii U. My point is to not assume about things, as has been done with the price.

fbMvxuK.jpg

I find it hilarious how some people think SM3DW only looks good now. :indeed: It looked awesome from the moment it was first announced!

Anyway, pretty decent Direct I thought. Although Nintendo are doing the usual thing of cramming October and November with more than they can comfortably hold. :nono:

Actually pretty glad DK is no longer out in 2013. Will need something to play next year while waiting for MK8. ;)

I'd argue that it didn't, the early footage with all 4 characters looked like a mess, and from playing the demo it felt like one. This new footage, showing single player gameplay and more diverse locations paints a much brighter picture of the game, which I did not enjoy when I played the demo.

To be fair, it's more Retro than Nintendo for this...

Huh? Nintendo have a history of delaying games, this is nothing new at all. HD hurdle or not Nintendo will generally wait until a game is polished before releasing it.

Not to this extent. Usually they keep their mouth shut until its ready but they can't really do that given the lack of software.

I too would rather Unmasked as I already have played through Unlimited on my Wii U. My point is to not assume about things, as has been done with the price.

Do you honestly think the price is going to be anything other than £30+?

The steam version was around £5 at one stage. It's €19 at this moment in time. Can you honestly see them selling this game for €20? Not a chance and it'll be a year late when it arrives.

Do you honestly think the price is going to be anything other than £30+?

Yes. Yes I do

Scribblenaughts is mental. I agree, with unmasked coming just scrap unmasked completely. So they release this, then delay unmasked... great!!!

I missed Wii Party U, did it look good, quite looking forward to that over christmas.

oh ignore me i'm so far behind in dicussions because my web browser at work seems to loose peoples posts

was a winge about scrible naughts not being worth more than £10

What they should have done is release Unmasked too on December 6th, and have a double pack for say £10 more than normal which includes both

I mentioned the rumoured delay of DKCR:TF a few days ago in its thread and again the rumour was that it has nothing to do with it not being ready. It's supposedly near gold but it's strategic on Nintendos's part. They didn't want it cannibalizing sales of other games and they wanted a game to fill the void in early 2014.

I mentioned the rumoured delay of DKCR:TF a few days ago in its thread and again the rumour was that it has nothing to do with it not being ready. It's supposedly near gold but it's strategic on Nintendos's part. They didn't want it cannibalizing sales of other games and they wanted a game to fill the void in early 2014.

that seems plausible, and if theres a need for it perhaps a good business decison, eitherway it works with the schedule on my wallet better!

You do realise that 99% of rumours are absolute bollock, right?