NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Recommend a new 3DS owner some 3DS games

All right folks, I've recently obtained a handsome specimen of arguably the finest console on the market today: The Nintendo 3DS. But! I have no games for it yet and Pokemon isn't out until October. So if I were going to walk into Change-Xchnage tomorrow morning and grab a well thumbed copy of something, what would you recommend?

I'm look for older games, gems that may have been forgotten and/or interesting titles that went unnoticed in the first place. Hit me!

All right folks, I've recently obtained a handsome specimen of arguably the finest console on the market today: The Nintendo 3DS. But! I have no games for it yet and Pokemon isn't out until October. So if I were going to walk into Change-Xchnage tomorrow morning and grab a well thumbed copy of something, what would you recommend?

I'm look for older games, gems that may have been forgotten and/or interesting titles that went unnoticed in the first place. Hit me!

Star Fox 64, Mario Kart, Professor Layton, Final Fantasy Theatrythm...

....ANIMAL CROSSING.*

*A newer game, but get it because... cucumbers are NOT pewcumbers.

Oldies but goldies:

Street fighter IV

Ridge Racer

Dead or Alive

PES 2012 or 13

StarFox

OoT 3D

Mario (a must have)

Mario kart 7 (as above)

Pilotwings (good but short)

Also - get an e-shop voucher - for under 20 quid you could fill your system with gems like Pullblox/pushblox/steamworld dig and more!

Then there's the GameBoy, NES and GameGear classics on there.

Edited by tapedeck

Ignoring first party titles, here are the best third party games I played on my 3DS during it's first year :-

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Ridge Racer

LEGO Pirates of the Carribean

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Need for Speed: The Run

Spent a lot of hours with these, and they should be really cheap now too.

If you're looking for something different that went unnoticed try Pacman and Galaga Dimensions, Dream Trigger or Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights.

Yeah, really have a good look in the eShop there's lots of quirk in there.

Maybe Bit.Trip Saga as well if rhythm platformers are your thing.

Should get Harmoknight from the eShop while you're at it.

Retail

Kid Icarus Uprising

Resident Evil Revelations

Steel Diver

Tales of the Abyss

eShop

Summer Carnival '92 RECCA*

*A recent release but who cares? It's £4.49 and it's one of the finest shmups you'll ever have the pleasure of playing.

I think Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening are up there for the best games on the system, but if you want something a little less widely-appreciated, Virtue's Last Reward is an intensely good point-and-click adventure title.

Get Crimson Shroud on the e-shop, a great table top style RPG. Probably one of my favourite games on the system so far. Designed Yasumi Matsuno (of Final Fantasy Tactics, Ogre Battle and Vagrant Story fame).

Resident Evil: Revelations and Mercenaries, Pilotwings, Mario 3D Land, MK7, KI:U, Fire Emblem (new I know, but just the dog's bollocks). On the eShop I'd recommend Pullblox, and the Picross e games (if you like to puzzle).

Is your 3DS newly registered? Someone sort this man out an Animal Crossing referral code.

Is your 3DS newly registered? Someone sort this man out an Animal Crossing referral code.

Can do, I just need to fill in the forms, and @gaggle64 it must be a 3DSXL, can you get back to me about it, and when did you register the console, see below for more details.

If your friend registers a Nintendo 3DS XL system between 23:01 (UK time) on 5th August and 22:59 (UK time) on 5th October 2013, and enters the Recommendation Code before 22:59 (UK time) on 5th October 2013, he/she will be eligible to claim a free Download Code for Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Nintendo 3DS!

Super Mario 3DLand.

Kid Icarus Uprising.

Resident Evil Revelations

Virtue's Last Reward

Animal Crossing

If I could prise that 3DS out of Ine's hands, that's what I would be playing right now. All of the games.

I have the animal crossing code if he wants it ready and waiting.

Nah, it's a regular-size 3DS. Thanks for the offer though. And thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Sign in to follow this