NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Favourite Arcade Games & Machines

What are your favourite arcade games/machines?

This is prompted by a fortuitous discovery - every now and again I go down to the arcade on the seafront and put a single pound into Time Crisis 4 and see how far I get. It's very enjoyable (though 3 is superior, but 4s what I've started with so I will continue.)

However I was delighted the other day when I discovered they in fact had Gunblade - easily my favourite arcade game of all time. I love it's simplicity (no ammo or time limit) and it's chunky uzi-models attached the cabinet. They have a satisfying vibration and my favourite thing is to try and control both. It's stupid and bombastic and it makes no sense and god I love it.

So what are your favourites? Can be everything and anything from Daytona to Dance Dance Revolution to Pacman to TMNT to the Simpson's TMNT clone to that bitchin' After Burner machine that spun you around with the plane.

Edited by gaggle64

Probably Time Crisis 2 for me. I never really went to arcades when I was younger but when I was a teenager that was probably the game I spent the most money on.

When I was younger my parents would take me and a friend camping every year in the summer holidays. We'd go to the same place, same resort and I'd love it. The kids entertainment play bard type thing had time crisis in it. 30p a game. I spent SOOO much pocket money on this beast -

timecrisa.png

Completed it multiple times, Other kids would be all stood around watching me play it, So fun.

Again when younger, My dad's local pub (now my local pub) Would have one arcade machine in at a time, and I'd go to the pub with my dad and play on these machines when they were in.

Daytona-USA-Main.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsmgKxAbjpJJdFaDzFrAL8qzLMcP7PA-Xlk5lneMszge4MCqjsOQ

They are by no means the best arcade machines around, but the hours I'd put into these games when I was younger. The only proper arcade machines I ever used really.

Nostalgia kicks in again, loved all these back in the day.

Turtles Arcade Game

TMNT-Main.jpg

Simpsons Arcade Game

NEW_Simpsons_Arc_47e92d99404c1.jpg

WWF Wrestlefest

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk_ncGUB5G80e08JoBJBkk3y6XT3HpJzZpSJX-MUukBS4RIv0f

1181242185159.jpg

Daytona USA

172631-563-597.jpg

Crisis Zone

crisis_zone.jpg

Pac Land

pacland.JPG

I used to play the hell out of all of these on my holidays at Blackpool.

:D

Captain Commando

captaincommando-2.png

CAPTCOMMANDO.JPG

Final Fight

1181242106117.png

final%20fight.jpg

Captain America & The Avengers

1051811339.jpg

1181242065272.jpg

Asterix

arcade-asterix-2.png

X-Men ( Welcome to Die!!! ) :)

2.jpg

1674235-xmen_2.jpg

Hot Rod

hotr0021.png

1145.jpg

Dat theme tune

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Space Harrier

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone. Get Ready!

space-harrier-1.png

SpaceHarrier.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Snow Bros

Snow_Bros._(cabinet).png

Good times! :D

I never used to get many opportunities to go to arcades, but when I did, I near always went on outrun. It's still one of my favourite games, that still brings a smile to my face.

Sign in to follow this