NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

To be fair, would any of us be willing to pay full retail price for what we've seen of Splatoon? Obviously early days etc, but it's very hard to think about how they'll transform it into a full fledged title.

I would be, definitely!

From what we've seen in both the Treehouse and the Digital Event, there are multiple courses and multiple weapons which will add to the variety and change-up tactics. I think it looks absolutely amazing, Game of Show for me!

It just needs voice-chat!

To be fair, would any of us be willing to pay full retail price for what we've seen of Splatoon? Obviously early days etc, but it's very hard to think about how they'll transform it into a full fledged title.

Only if it has voice chat. If the final game arrives without it, then I doubt I will pick it up.

Didn't one of the developers say it will have voice chat?

I thought the developers said it wouldn't have voice chat?

Didn't one of the developers say it will have voice chat?

I thought the developers said it wouldn't have voice chat?

They didn't give a direct answer. They skirted around it saying they were including methods to communicate.

The person who said it would have voice-chat wasn't a developer, he was just a chap hired to work at the Nintendo Booth to ensure the lines were moving and people only played their allotted time.

They didn't give a direct answer. They skirted around it saying they were including methods to communicate.

The person who said it would have voice-chat wasn't a developer, he was just a chap hired to work at the Nintendo Booth to ensure the lines were moving and people only played their allotted time.

The fact that they are already skirting around the subject sets off my alarm bells. Even more so when you think about how they have handled issues in the past.

The fact that they are already skirting around the subject sets off my alarm bells. Even more so when you think about how they have handled issues in the past.

I hope that these question keep bein out to them and then followed up on if skirted around. They need to know that we need this function in there!

Hopefully if it's reiterated enough it'll get put in... if not then I lose all hype for the game.

Also, they've said there will be single player and more multiplayer modes, wo why do people keep saying "it's not a full game" etc it'll obviously be a much more fleshed out experienced. And I'd definitely buy it. And this will also be the first time I join the "it needs voice chat" brigade

Also, they've said there will be single player and more multiplayer modes, wo why do people keep saying "it's not a full game" etc it'll obviously be a much more fleshed out experienced. And I'd definitely buy it. And this will also be the first time I join the "it needs voice chat" brigade

tumblr_n7639ljDce1qag9zto1_400.gif

:p

This game really does need voice chat, though. Even I won't defend the lack of it if that comes to pass.

tumblr_n7639ljDce1qag9zto1_400.gif

:p

This game really does need voice chat, though. Even I won't defend the lack of it if that comes to pass.

We'll hold you to that when the reviews start coming in :heh:

We'll hold you to that when the reviews start coming in :heh:

You bet :p

Voice chat has been confirmed for this game so we won't have to drag this up when it's released.

So I finally got myself a Wii U yesterday after it was on ASDA's website for £180. Hilariously I've spent most of my time on it so far playing Advance Wars because I was playing on the pad while watching the football, but I also got Mario Kart and will download Pikmin as the free game. So far I've liked the experience, the UI is nice and the gamepad is cool (though it could definitely be more comfortable to hold). Any particular hints/tips I should be aware of for getting the most out of it?

I find the gamepad actually really comfortable to hold. Fits in my hands perfectly! I prefer it to the pro controller which compared to the gamepad some buttons are off for me.

I find the gamepad actually really comfortable to hold. Fits in my hands perfectly! I prefer it to the pro controller which compared to the gamepad some buttons are off for me.

I too prefer the gamepad. The pro controller is too small, it's far too cramped. They should make an XL version of it.

So I finally got myself a Wii U yesterday after it was on ASDA's website for £180. Hilariously I've spent most of my time on it so far playing Advance Wars because I was playing on the pad while watching the football, but I also got Mario Kart and will download Pikmin as the free game. So far I've liked the experience, the UI is nice and the gamepad is cool (though it could definitely be more comfortable to hold). Any particular hints/tips I should be aware of for getting the most out of it?

Have you updated the OS?

Peer's face when they mention Devils Third, even though it was an exclusive reveal on their show. Could have been the game itself that made him do that, or remembering the reveal interview itself.

Peer's face when they mention Devils Third, even though it was an exclusive reveal on their show. Could have been the game itself that made him do that, or remembering the reveal interview itself.

How come they just make this 10 mins on YouTube? I listen to the podcast and it's just over an hour long.

How come they just make this 10 mins on YouTube? I listen to the podcast and it's just over an hour long.
I think they film most of it and then put up the main discussion topics as separate videos on youtube. There's another part up there now :)

See, they're right. It's annoyingly about specs and that's all they care for. They say they won't until the userbase is there, but that's utter bull.

The Wii had a fantastic userbase, the 3DS has a decent userbase and they were both practically ignored by the core publishers and the Wii was mostly limited to mini-game collections and other such titles. People say "well the market for the Wii wasn't right for those games", and to an extent, sure, but if there were enough games, there would have been a market for it. Call of Duty on the Wii always sold pretty well, despite being less graphically capable.

Hell, specs isn't the entire issue at all either, else we'd have got all the multiplatform games over the past year or so for 360/PS3 like Tomb Raider and so forth.

There's also the factor of financial incentives. Practically every third party game these days has exclusive content on one platform or another. Nintendo typically doesn't deal with these financial incentives and are less likely to throw money at publishers in order to secure a title on the platform, or even just for exclusive content. They're showing a shift in that again though, like with the Gamecube, where they're paying third parties to develop exclusive games, but it's not enough.

Nintendo devices, since the SNES, have never had strong third party releases. It's unfortunately been the case for almost 20 years now, and it's never going to change.

Edited by Serebii

So much Pony in that last post.

I have no idea what that means...

I have no idea what that means...

If it's cockney rhyming slang...

Pony and Trap = Crap...

I think!

If it's cockney rhyming slang...

Pony and Trap = Crap...

I think!

I don't believe anything I said in that post was crap. It's all observational.