NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

We all know it's another Rabbids game which would only sell 30k on a successful console, let alone a Wii U.

They should at least announce the fucker, see if it can drive up interest for the console off the back of E3, right?

If they announce it's existence then

1)we'll all know it's a rubbish game

or

2) we'll start losing interest in the months between announcement and release.

If the game was any good they would want the release date to be written in stone so they could manage their PR to maximise sales.

If the game is rubbish, no one would care so Ubisoft would look a bit silly, the mystery allows some kind of hope for a game people would care about.

Didn't the interview with them the other week basically say the game they're withholding is a Wii U exclusive, hence why it hasn't been unveiled?

Fuck Tetris Ultimate though, it's all about Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I didn't think it was an exclusive but it's meant to be geared at casuals and families. So probably paint me not interested.

"I'm glad Nintendo brought back Bayonetta, but they shouldn't do M rated games"

What??

Splatoon looks like a mini-game??

Good lord.

Yeah that guy was spouting crap.

Yeah that guy was spouting crap.

That's a complete understatement.

I mean hell, at the end, he questioned the other guy, in a surprised tone, that he wanted quality over quantity.

Edited by Serebii

What??

Good lord.

I can kind of understand the Splatoon comment. It's early doors and we haven't seen much of it, I'm sure it will be fleshed out more. It has to be. Right now it looks like a mini game mode set within COD.

I can kind of understand the Splatoon comment. It's early doors and we haven't seen much of it, I'm sure it will be fleshed out more. It has to be. Right now it looks like a mini game mode set within COD.

With that logic, any game that showed one or two areas in the demo looks like a mini-game mode.

With that logic, any game that showed one or two areas in the demo looks like a mini-game mode.

To quote yourself.

Learn to read. I grow weary of having to reiterate my point to you in discussions here because you fail to properly read what I say, and just assume.

Edit: Actually to prevent arguments, I'm re-adding you to the ignore list.

I won't add you to my ignore list. I'd miss your crazy talk and one track, bloody minded, stubbornness and ignorance to reality. :heh:

To quote yourself.

I won't add you to my ignore list. I'd miss your crazy talk and one track, bloody minded, stubbornness and ignorance to reality. :heh:

I was agreeing with your point to an extent, you pillock :p Except the mini-game part because with that logic, all demos are just showing "mini-games".

To be fair, would any of us be willing to pay full retail price for what we've seen of Splatoon? Obviously early days etc, but it's very hard to think about how they'll transform it into a full fledged title.

What??

Having just watched it now that's not what he said at all.

He was on about how he is looking forward to things like Yoshis Woolly World and he loves the youthful aesthetic look it has. He likes how Bayonetta is being packed in to the sequel. He then says he kinda wishes Nintendo would come out and say that they aren't gonna release anything over a T rating.

He says this because he likes how Nintendo has this family friendly image and as Geoff points out, is a safe console for your kids. He finally points out that he's a dad and his two year old daughter likes to sit and watch him play Mario.

I dunno how you've managed to spin this into some kind of negative thing. If anything it's a positive message in that he loves how Nintendo can create these colourful worlds and likes that his daughter will be safe watching him play these types of games.

To be fair, would any of us be willing to pay full retail price for what we've seen of Splatoon? Obviously early days etc, but it's very hard to think about how they'll transform it into a full fledged title.

I'd always assumed it'd be a sub-£20 downloadable - pref. around the £10-15 mark to hopefully hit a nice balance between price and sales. It's the sort of game that needs lots of people playing it, so that lots of people end up playing it.

Having just watched it now that's not what he said at all.

He was on about how he is looking forward to things like Yoshis Woolly World and he loves the youthful aesthetic look it has. He likes how Bayonetta is being packed in to the sequel. He then says he kinda wishes Nintendo would come out and say that they aren't gonna release anything over a T rating.

He says this because he likes how Nintendo has this family friendly image and as Geoff points out, is a safe console for your kids. He finally points out that he's a dad and his two year old daughter likes to sit and watch him play Mario.

I dunno how you've managed to spin this into some kind of negative thing. If anything it's a positive message in that he loves how Nintendo can create these colourful worlds and likes that his daughter will be safe watching him play these types of games.

Because, after years of Nintendo being painted as kiddy, Nintendo is funding games that aren't in order to fill gaps, now people are having a go at them for it.

Because, after years of Nintendo being painted as kiddy, Nintendo is funding games that aren't in order to fill gaps, now people are having a go at them for it.

Again, he's not having a go at them.

Again, he's not having a go at them.

It's how it sounded to me. Like a backhanded compliment.

I view it more as, we will see some 'mature' games and that's fine but they aren't what anyone really buys a Nintendo console for, or at least not the main reason; which is fine... I'd rather play Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart than the latest in a long-running, drawn-out, 'look how many shades of brown we can fit into one game' shooter type title. : peace:

It's how it sounded to me. Like a backhanded compliment.

I just don't hear it and you have managed to paint a picture of the guy having some major issue with Nintendo when it's anything but. Hell, you even misquoted him and tried to spin it as something hateful.

Dat journalistic intergrity.:indeed:

I just don't hear it and you have managed to paint a picture of the guy having some major issue with Nintendo when it's anything but. Hell, you even misquoted him and tried to spin it as something hateful.

Dat journalistic intergrity.:indeed:

Hey hey...you're spinning now. I never said he had a major issue with Nintendo. All I said was:

What??

Good lord.

Yes I was paraphrasing, but that is essentially what he said, that Nintendo shouldn't do games rated over T.

I view it more as, we will see some 'mature' games and that's fine but they aren't what anyone really buys a Nintendo console for, or at least not the main reason; which is fine... I'd rather play Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart than the latest in a long-running, drawn-out, 'look how many shades of brown we can fit into one game' shooter type title. : peace:

True enough, but that doesn't mean that they should stop funding those titles. It's not a situation where it's one or the other.

Hey hey...you're spinning now. I never said he had a major issue with Nintendo. All I said was:

Your saying he's having a go at them, thus implying he has issues with them.

THE KING OF SPIN

I still think that Reggie holds on to that title. :D

Douchebag that he is.:mad:

Your saying he's having a go at them, thus implying he has issues with them.

I still think that Reggie holds on to that title. :D

Douchebag that he is.:mad:

I worded that sentence poorly then. My apologies. It was not my intent.

I worded that sentence poorly then. My apologies. It was not my intent.

No apologies needed. Just a difference of opinion that's all.