N-Europe

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Zechs Merquise

Although I appreciate being moaned at doesnt particularly increase your enjoyment of the game, do you listen to the "moaning" and then positively act upon it or is it a case of ignoring and doing what you want?

The former means you will get less moaning and the latter will result in moaning being increased.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I do play it with N-E you lot start moaning at me for doing my own thing that's why

That's because you run around like a headless chicken and gift kills to the enemy. I remember one game where you went 4 for 22, I went 16 for 0. Despite the fact I had a perfect game, your 22 deaths sank us!

When you're playing in a team you play for the team, so that means holding the line, locking down areas and ensuring you control the spawns so you know the enemy isn't spawning behind you.

I'm happy to have players join N-E and play with us, but some of us have been playing since WAW on the Wii, we know what we're talking about so we expect the newbies to listen and play as a team.

You're always welcome to join us, but don't play with us and screw us over by 'doing your own thing' and sinking the team!

If you're playing Kill Confirmed, capture the tags.

This always baffled me when playing this mode, more so on the 360 version as i've only played it one the Wii U version a couple of times.

People would just run around and kill without picking up the tags. I guess they were trying to make the game longer to farm kills or something. It worked out great for me though as I would just run around and pick up the ones they would leave, netting me my killstreaks faster. :D

It's a shame it still takes a while to get a game on this mode as it's by far my favourite. I tried the other day and despite being a few games going ( with obvious spaces due to the numbers I was seeing ) it kept throwing me into my own lobby. :(

This always baffled me when playing this mode, more so on the 360 version as i've only played it one the Wii U version a couple of times.

People would just run around and kill without picking up the tags. I guess they were trying to make the game longer to farm kills or something. It worked out great for me though as I would just run around and pick up the ones they would leave, netting me my killstreaks faster. :D

It's a shame it still takes a while to get a game on this mode as it's by far my favourite. I tried the other day and despite being a few games going ( with obvious spaces due to the numbers I was seeing ) it kept throwing me into my own lobby. :(

It throws you into your own lobby if have 'best' selected in the search options. I do the combat training occasionally as it allows you to level up and cycles between some pretty interesting game modes. However I noticed that despite there being places in lobbies, I was just being dumped in my own lobby.

I changed the search preferences to 'any' and it put me in with the rest. Granted, the connection wasn't great but it was a lot better than being sat looking at an empty lobby!

It throws you into your own lobby if have 'best' selected in the search options. I do the combat training occasionally as it allows you to level up and cycles between some pretty interesting game modes. However I noticed that despite there being places in lobbies, I was just being dumped in my own lobby.

I changed the search preferences to 'any' and it put me in with the rest. Granted, the connection wasn't great but it was a lot better than being sat looking at an empty lobby!

Thanks for this! I will fiddle with the settings and see if I can finally find a game. :D

Call of Duty: Ghosts has dedicated servers on ShitboxOne

Call of Duty: Ghosts will have dedicated servers on ShitboxOne thanks to the cloud, Activision announced during Microsoft's Gamescom 2013 press briefing.

The game will also be available in a special console bundle with ShitboxOne, the publisher added.

A fresh trailer below details new game mode Crank, in which kills power you up. But you must maintain a chain of kills every 30 seconds or you blow up.

Search and Destroy, another new addition, sees you drop tags upon death which your team-mates can use to revive you. But if an enemy takes it, you're out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-call-of-duty-ghosts-has-dedicated-servers-on-xbox-one

Call of Duty: Ghosts will have dedicated servers on ShitboxOne thanks to the cloud, Activision announced during Microsoft's Gamescom 2013 press briefing.

The game will also be available in a special console bundle with ShitboxOne, the publisher added.

A fresh trailer below details new game mode Crank, in which kills power you up. But you must maintain a chain of kills every 30 seconds or you blow up.

Search and Destroy, another new addition, sees you drop tags upon death which your team-mates can use to revive you. But if an enemy takes it, you're out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-call-of-duty-ghosts-has-dedicated-servers-on-xbox-one

Funny you're calling it the 'shitboxone'. As you love COD so much you're better getting an XBO than a PS4, after all why on earth would anyone who valued COD that highly choose to play it P2P when you can play on dedicated servers and vastly reduce any in game lag or latency issues?

The XBO will be the system to own if you're a COD fan - you get the DLC earlier and dedicated servers!

My biggest question when it comes to CoD - how easy/hard is it for a new player to get into it?

Im an absolutely COD n00b after only recently starting to play it. Before, I had not really played much FPS.

To be honest im starting to pick it up a little better but I think that is due to people on here helping me out. I have had advice on weapons, maps, and how to play effectively.

Without that advice I imagine that eventually I would "get it". Problem for me is that if im killed all the time and not progressing then I get stressed and frustrated which will inturn lead me to not playing the game.

So I would give it a go. You can practise against bots offline. i have found this useful to learn the maps and the controls. Ive only had the game for a couple of weeks and seemed to have developed fairly quickly. I suppose it may depend on how much effort you want to put in.

My biggest question when it comes to CoD - how easy/hard is it for a new player to get into it?

Also just seen that Activision apparently hope that it'll help sell Wii Us...I really don't think that'll be the case.

It's always easy to get into, it's very much a pick up and play title. It's amazing how every year they seem to add so much to it, but it never makes the game less accessible. Plus, the average skill level is pretty low.

As for helping to sell Wii Us, it can't hurt!

Nintendo should market the hell out of this come November and through the Christmas period. "Wii U the only place to play Ghosts online for FREE" or "Wii U the only place to play local multiplayer without splitscreen" stuff like that.

Activision are playing the "we're backing Nintendo" card but I can't help feeling they are also hedging their bets somewhat. This Christmas the next generation will be in full swing and as badly as Wii U has sold to date it will still have a circa 4 million install base head start on PS4 and Xbox1 so it really should sell more copies on Wii U than the newly released consoles. And if Nintendo are smart, market the game drop the price of the Wii U this could be the start of an upturn in the Wii U's fortunes.

Nintendo should market the hell out of this come November and through the Christmas period. "Wii U the only place to play Ghosts online for FREE" or "Wii U the only place to play local multiplayer without splitscreen" stuff like that.

It's free on PS3 and PC. And Call of Duty Ghosts supports LAN and may support 3DTVs like the last one (to show images to two different people, so they both have a full screen but on the same TV) - although that hasn't been confirmed for Ghosts.

It's free on PS3 and PC. And Call of Duty Ghosts supports LAN and may support 3DTVs like the last one (to show images to two different people, so they both have a full screen but on the same TV) - although that hasn't been confirmed for Ghosts.

i meant more to potential PS4 and Xbox1 purchasers. Nintendo need to make these people buy a Wii U this Christmas.

How can you show two images on the same screen without it being split screen? Apologies if I'm being stupid here but I don't get that whatsoever.

How can you show two images on the same screen without it being split screen? Apologies if I'm being stupid here but I don't get that whatsoever.

It's done via a 3DTV. The person sitting on the left side of the TV will see a different image to the person sitting on the right side of a TV.

Activision are playing the "we're backing Nintendo" card but I can't help feeling they are also hedging their bets somewhat. This Christmas the next generation will be in full swing and as badly as Wii U has sold to date it will still have a circa 4 million install base head start on PS4 and Xbox1 so it really should sell more copies on Wii U than the newly released consoles. And if Nintendo are smart, market the game drop the price of the Wii U this could be the start of an upturn in the Wii U's fortunes.

Nintendo can't. Microsoft have a contract that runs up to the end of 2015 with Activision that guarantees them that they will receive DLC earlier and also that any marketing is of the Xbox versions and that it always states at the end that its available on Xbox, note that it doesn't say exclusively on Xbox though so they skirt around that.

You do yourself no favours calling it that, just comes across very childish.

Dedicated servers for COD only on Xbox One, that is going to tempt a lot of hardcore COD players. Well played Microsoft, well played.

What are the advantages of dedicated servers? Maybe obvious but I dont know much about these sorts of things.

What servers do we have at present?

Ugh Blade, have you been living under a rock???

There are two systems:

Dedicated Servers: This is where the company or companies behind the game and the platform host servers for online play. These servers are where the game takes place. So when you connect to an online game you are playing it on a server and data is sent to and from your console or PC to the server.

Peer to Peer: This is where there is one server that 'match makes'. This server chooses the best 'host', a player who hosts the game. Then all of the other players play the game on the host's console, so when you connect to an online game you are either hosting it or sending and receiving game data from the host's console.

The difference is basically that dedicated servers provide a far more stable experience as they do not suffer from the same bottlenecks and data issues that a host does. As every single player has their own connection to the dedicated server which is specifically tailored to hosting the game, there are less issues with lag and latency. In P2P games you have 11 other players all connecting to the host through one single connection - hence you get the issues you see in Black Ops 2.

I wouldn't be so sure on any DLC yet. Well, for the Wii U version at least.

It's amazing how every year they seem to add so much to it, but it never makes the game less accessible.

That's actually a very good point.

It helps that the developers have been around the block quite a lot. Despite what others think, they also listen to the community.

Over the years they've been able to perfect the core set of gameplay mechanics. It allows them to focus on other areas add/improve/remove etc.

Even in my case, where I haven't played COD in a few years (WAW-MW3 for the Wii. MW-Black Ops for the home consoles) I was still able to get back into it within a few gaming sessions. Things like the HUD & controls have been consistent through the years which helps too.

A lot of people tend to throw insults towards COD very easily, but they overlook some of the good things too.

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!