N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Haden

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a point in my final game would guarantee survival thanks to my slightly superior goal difference. However, team bob does not know the meaning of the word 'draw'.

Expect goals. Lots of goals.

EDIT: Crap.

Edited by 130131301364

Oh My Goooood!

Not going to lie brahs, I genuinely cheered when Daan Wielink's free kick went in. 83rd minute. Hardly any chances in the game. Oh My God, that rush...shaking, brahhh.

Unlucky Bob, that was too close. You were excellent all season and I think you had a few players who got a shit load of assists. Can't believe it went down to the last day. I was sure that we were relegated. What a come back. 3 wins in 3!

Only downside of the season is that Daan Wielink only managed 8DV despite playing 16 games...3 of my midfielders have 16DV. We've created a lot this season but our defence has let us down. That needs to improve for next season.

Well done dude, turned out our encounter was decisive after all. I completely collapsed at the end of the season, something which probably had something to do with losing my captain and star player to injury with four games to go.

Top league was pretty exciting on the final day! Championship snatched from the jaws of defeat by Yellow Submarine! Well done!

Well done dude, turned out our encounter was decisive after all. I completely collapsed at the end of the season, something which probably had something to do with losing my captain and star player to injury with four games to go.

Top league was pretty exciting on the final day! Championship snatched from the jaws of defeat by Yellow Submarine! Well done!

It's a good learning experience, and you'll do much better next season because of the development of your players. You should come straight back into the Middle League. Use next year wisely and develop your youths.

Ell has been gash all season. But, there's one game left. I'm rooting for him to destroy Eights 15-7 and you to do your bit.

BELIEVE.

I Want To Be Leaf.

Oh My Goddddddd. Congratulations, @Zell. I told you!

I be leaf! :D

Cup

The cup will take place on Tuesday 30th July. @Jimbob you're welcome to do a live draw between now and Friday, otherwise I will do a draw sometime late on Friday evening (26th July). There will be another break after the cup.

Teams:

1. Real Peeps
  2. Bob
  3. Haden's Rangers
  4. Eights United
  5. Recall United
  6. Leeds M.O.T
  7. Coloccini FC
  8. Dragooooo
  9. Atlético Aqui1a
  10. DuDs Baggies
  11. Yellow Submarine
  12. Winston Gardens FC
  13. Intergalactico Stars
  14. Fedex United
  15. The Comerade Co-op
  16. Silverdale Hotpot
  17. Rossers Rovers
  18. The Roger Federer Crew

Rules:

With 18 entrants, the first round will be between four teams with 14 teams getting byes (is that correct?).

In the event of a draw, the team with the most chances will go through. If both team have even chances, the away team will go through.

Home teams must challenge by 9pm the day before the match, away teams must accept challenges by the same time. Failure to do so results in the neglectful team forfeiting, unless an agreement is reached between the two teams. If it's getting close to the deadline, please keep us updated in the thread and make sure you have contacted the other team through Xpert.

There is still time to join the cup.

Edited by The Peeps

Happy with being promoted to the Elite league for the second time! :D bob and Federer were posing a risk to me in that last game, but luckily I managed to prevent bob from scoring too many against me. Woop!

Also, I'm really happy with my DVs this season! :D

finaldv_zpsabf8eaf4.png

The thoughts in my head as I saw the results at work. I honestly had to sit down before checking the table.

That's the second time I have lost a title on home ground on the last match of the season against a relegated team. Think it was the same freaking scoreline as well.

I didn't even put out my strongest team!

Liar ;) All that is different between the strongest team and the team you fielded is one defender.

Fucking yes!

I still can't believe I won! I had honestly given up hope after losing to Inter.

Commiserations to Tales and a massive thank you a Ell for somehow beating Eights away from home.

I thought the day would never come. Yellow Submarine - Champions! :D

You just proved my point. It was not my strongest team!

Savour the victory Zell, you earned it!

What's next, it's a youth team because you play a 17-year old ;)

Are we having a break before the cup @The_Peeps ?

What's next, it's a youth team because you play a 17-year old ;)

Are we having a break before the cup @The_Peeps ?

Cup

The cup will take place on Tuesday 30th July. @Jimbob you're welcome to do a live draw between now and Friday, otherwise I will do a draw sometime late on Friday evening (26th July). There will be another break after the cup

Votes on the xpert forum were in favour of having two breaks :)

Were having so many breaks I think new season starts after Christmas.

Well I hope you're one of the people that voted on the xpert forum, otherwise you missed out on changing it :wink:

Rebranding the club a lil. Changing the club name will hopefully mean a fresh start to push for the title. While moving our ground to 'SD Leisure Centre Field B' where the owner lets us practice every Sunday at 6pm will hopefully make our home matches a fortress again.

Also collected 1 250 000 in prize money. That's more than the champion got :p

How does that work then? What's it based on?

I got good change report (i think).

10.8 skill increase, 2.3 decrease.

Quite a few went up by one. If i hadn't been relegated, i would say a very successful season.

Edited by 130131301364

I got a good change report, but I'm being greedy and thinking that I should have had a double jump or two. Especially for Huberto Farlan who has had super high form for 2 reasons and has had something like 18 and 16DV for both. Grrrr.

Anyway, 16+, 2- and with 12 visible changes.

The positives:

- Both my keepers went up

- Ernesto and Patric went up, bringing them to 11 and 10skill respectively

- My young midfielders (3 of them) rose

- My defender Amadeus is now a 21 8

The Negatives:

- Daan Wielink lost a bit of skill, no visible

- Johann lost visible skill but is retiring, so I don't give a shit about him.

- Graciano had an injury which kept him out for 4/5 games, so no visible raise. :(

- Gregor Forsyth didn't visibly raise! :(

- Paulica Mandrisor didn't visibly raise and is now a 20 5, by far my weakest squad member.

- No double jumps, boooh.

Plan of action:

- Retire Johann

- Sell Paulica and replace him

- Look into improving that defence, as at the moment I have:

a 26 9

21 8

20 6

19 6

20 5

How does that work then? What's it based on?

I got good change report (i think).

10.8 skill increase, 2.3 decrease.

Quite a few wenut up by one. If i hadn't been relegated, i would say a very successful season.

Awards. 500 for 2nd place and 250 each for goals, assist and points. There's also one for X11 nominations but it always goes to Odwin.