NEurope
Hogge

No more EA support for Wii U!

Ill miss Need for Speed (the Criterean one at least) but honestly, i dont care, i dont play sports games, im not a fan of Sims or Sim City and Mass Effect is done for the next few years. I think it looks bad for Nintendo when you just look at the headline but when you really think about it, its not so bad. It just means that when Konami release their Soccer game it will have zero competition and will sell bucketloads.

Ill miss Need for Speed (the Criterean one at least) but honestly, i dont care, i dont play sports games, im not a fan of Sims or Sim City and Mass Effect is done for the next few years. I think it looks bad for Nintendo when you just look at the headline but when you really think about it, its not so bad. It just means that when Konami release their Soccer game it will have zero competition and will sell bucketloads.

Nintendo would be damned fools not to work out some sort of partnership with Konami for PES. If not exclusivity, then exclusive features. Give it a big push, maybe even score some licensed players/clubs on Konami's behalf!

Well at the very latest we'll know by June 6th if PES is coming to Wii U as that's the date of Konami's pre E3 show which includes the PES 14 reveal. I would bet that it is likely PES will come to Wii U and that they've planned on doing so regardless of whether FIFA 14 was too. The good thing is that the next PES is being built from a version of the FOX Engine so I'm hopeful on it being a great football simulation.

FIFA 13 had no competition and we all saw how that worked out!

This idea that PES will now sell loads on the Wii U is farcical. Seriously PES on Wii was the only real football simulation and that did not sell loads.

Winning Eleven on GC had no competion and that didnt sell well in Japan either. Winning Eleven/PES games have not done that great on any nintendo console.

If PES does get released on Wii U it will do reasonable numbers @ best.

Damn, shots fired

EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

https://twitter.com/BobSummerwill

ngjiCSq.png

This idea that PES will now sell loads on the Wii U is farcical. Seriously PES on Wii was the only real football simulation and that did not sell loads.

Winning Eleven on GC had no competion and that didnt sell well in Japan either. Winning Eleven/PES games have not done that great on any nintendo console.

Yes people that want there fifa fix will just play it on other consoles they own or buy that console to play it while ignoring PES.

Edited by liger05

Yes that's what I was talking about, let's have it all out in the open, hear what they really think!

Although he completely misses the point I think. The Wii was a lot less powerful than probably the 360 and PS3 combined. It had weird controls. The online store was pretty robust, in my opinion anyway. But EA couldn't have supported it any quicker because it sold by the bucket load. They will go where the money is, where they can get big sales from platforms with big user bases, which isn't the Wii U at this point!

I don't have a Twitter account but I'm creating one now to reply to this @#&*!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, EA in an image (probably also accurately depicts most people at Take Two, certainly Rockstar and Epic Games). Complete pricks, the lot of them (god bless Criterion though. Such a damn shame that they're trapped underneath the rotten wings of EA :( )

FIFA 13 had no competition and we all saw how that worked out!

A late version that was basically FIFA 12 PS360 with a roster update, lacking all of the new features of the other console versions...

True, but those were different times and different circumstances. PES is on the ropes right now and I think that it's quite possible for Nintendo to "revive" the series by aligning themselves with it. Giving them the kind of marketing and licensing budget that Konami can't afford, along with the unique functions of the Wii U, could do wonders for the series' fortunes...

This is unacceptable, had that been a tweet about Microsoft or Sony that guy would have been out on his ass before the tweet hit the internet. I think EA are missing the point, they are making money off of consoles that have been around for longer than thier CEO, the new batch of consoles are set to bring about higher production costs, even bigger teams and they just spent a small fortune getting the license for Star Wars? Its a pretty huge gamble, if they dont sell a crap load of units on the new machines they are going the same was as THQ, the casuals who used to buy FIFA now have iphones, profits are at an all time low, should have gotten some ports accross to the WiiU more like NFS and less like Mass Effect.

Remember when THQ started making losses and quickly kicked out the guy in charge and brought in someone else who promised to turn the company around? Sound similar? The worst of it, i really loved the THQ games and im indifferent to most EA games, how they have gotten this far is an injustice.

This is unacceptable, had that been a tweet about Microsoft or Sony that guy would have been out on his ass before the tweet hit the internet. I think EA are missing the point, they are making money off of consoles that have been around for longer than thier CEO, the new batch of consoles are set to bring about higher production costs, even bigger teams and they just spent a small fortune getting the license for Star Wars? Its a pretty huge gamble, if they dont sell a crap load of units on the new machines they are going the same was as THQ, the casuals who used to buy FIFA now have iphones, profits are at an all time low, should have gotten some ports accross to the WiiU more like NFS and less like Mass Effect.

Remember when THQ started making losses and quickly kicked out the guy in charge and brought in someone else who promised to turn the company around? Sound similar? The worst of it, i really loved the THQ games and im indifferent to most EA games, how they have gotten this far is an injustice.

I agree that porting games like Mass Effect was pointless but even when you look at the sales of NFS you see a title that was 'enhanced' sell poorly. It bombed, Fifa bombed, Madden bombed.

IGN are running it now

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/ea-senior-engineer-the-wii-u-is-crap

Edited by liger05

Trying to think of the last EA game I got on a Nintendo console... Probably the original FIFA on the SNES.

Damn, shots fired

I just want to see this guy's face the moment he sees all the Twitter alerts for messages and follows in his in box :grin:

I'm guessing this is the guy who didn't realise he only had 2 CPU cores running.

have you played pes2013 its far better than the latest fifa, konami are back.

No support for EA from me, i own and used to buy their games on ps3 and xbox but they seem like assholes

Edited by yesteryeargames

I agree that porting games like Mass Effect was pointless but even when you look at the sales of NFS you see a title that was 'enhanced' sell poorly. It bombed, Fifa bombed, Madden bombed.

IGN are running it now

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/ea-senior-engineer-the-wii-u-is-crap

Thats a fair point but lets be honest, they put out way inferior versions of those games missing out all the enhancements that they added to the other two skus. The games sold poorly because EA couldnt be bothered putting the time in to make a decent port, its a shame NFS isnt selling better but if you got burned on a crap version of FIFA and Madden you would assume that NFS (from the same publisher) is a sloppy port too, they are doing it to themselves and then blaming Nintendo for it.

Like you said, they own the games and can choose whatever platform they want but at the end of the day, when you put shit in you get shit out, you cant expect to sell thousands of copies when you cant even be bothered putting the work in.

I don't give a beep for EA anymore next week I am selling my EA Wii U games and I be geting PES and won't be watching there press Confrence and there is only one way they can get me to get EA games Agian is if they make Wii U games and say we're sorrey

Oh boy. Not good. The internet is in rage mode.

The guy has since deleted his tweets. He said something stupid when he has a family to support. If he loses a job because of this...sigh.

This "this console is better/rubbish" stuff is getting worse than it ever has been before. Looking at the thread for this on GAF just makes me sad

Haaa I reported him for spam

Oh boy. Not good. The internet is in rage mode.

The guy has since deleted his tweets. He said something stupid when he has a family to support. If he loses a job because of this...sigh.

This "this console is better/rubbish" stuff is getting worse than it ever has been before. Looking at the thread for this on GAF just makes me sad

Yeah it makes me sad aswell

Edited by canand
Automerged Doublepost

EA need to sort out their damage control pronto however Nintendo need to see what EA will bring to the console in the future and have some kind of dialogue with them.

Perhaps the company is busy developing games for the PS4/Xbox 720 right now and expect masses of people buying them as soon as they come out. No, console users grow with time and the Wii U has only been out for less than a year. A price cut would help however.

Blame EA as much as you want but others too are to blame.

EA need to sort out their damage control pronto however Nintendo need to see what EA will bring to the console in the future and have some kind of dialogue with them.

Perhaps the company is busy developing games for the PS4/Xbox 720 right now and expect masses of people buying them as soon as they come out. No, console users grow with time and the Wii U has only been out for less than a year. A price cut would help however.

Blame EA as much as you want but others too are to blame.

Nintendo wont develop home consoles like this again. Going forward I think they are going to listen to third parties more and ask them what they want in hardware.

I think EA, and quite a few people across the net, are in for a shock with sales of the PS4/720 upon their release. General consensus I'm seeing is that people think they'll shoot out of the gate with 1m units in the first week but that's really not likely, especially if they are both to come out at the same time

I think EA, and quite a few people across the net, are in for a shock with sales of the PS4/720 upon their release. General consensus I'm seeing is that people think they'll shoot out of the gate with 1m units in the first week but that's really not likely, especially if they are both to come out at the same time

Totally agree. My finger in the air of what people want is that most are happy with their PS3 / 360 and that if a game could be made for the platform that they already own then they'd prefer it. Nobody is going to want to fork out £400-500 for a new system at the moment.

I'll be looking out for the companies going down the pan like they did at the beginning of this generation because they have ridiculous expectations of their games' sales and have to sell 5m units to break even.

So, this likely means that there will be no Star Wars games on the Wii U.