N-Europe

Iwata: Wii U Has Lost Momentum

Hero-of-Time

Post moved, wrong thread.

People said the same about the 3DS two years ago. Now it's faring much better.

Yes, the Wii U has issues, but with marketing and software, it'll turn around to be a moderately successful console. It's not going to be the best selling thing of all time, no sir. However, it will be profitable, and it will continue

Iwata continued, “Wii U has lost momentum due to the release pace of first-party titles which has not lived up to consumers’ expectations.

That's a real good quote there Iwata. You know what else would help momentum? A little thing called 3rd party support! Why don't you begin there for starters?

What was that lesson you said you learnt again? Liars. Ye learned nothing.

That's a real good quote there Iwata. You know what else would help momentum? A little thing called 3rd party support! Why don't you begin there for starters?

Because Iwata is solely responsible for the business decisions of other companies

Because Iwata is solely responsible for the business decisions of other companies

Partly yes. Due to the business decisions of Iwata and co the Wii U is currently going down the shitter. 3rd parties therefore make a decision not to support as they are unlikely to make much money out of it.

Partly yes. Due to the business decisions of Iwata and co the Wii U is currently going down the shitter. 3rd parties therefore make a decision not to support as they are unlikely to make much money out of it.

Partly, yes. However, many third parties chose not to support it before sales turned to crap, hell before the console even came out.

Western developers and publishers just seem to care about the most power and they develop for that

As the Crysis 3 situation showed, Nintendo really don't seem that interested in 3rd party games. They can make better incentives for publishers.

As the Crysis 3 situation showed, Nintendo really don't seem that interested in 3rd party games. They can make better incentives for publishers.

Because EA wasn't responsible for that either...

Yes, Nintendo aren't helping matters, but it's ignorant to state it is all their fault.

Oh well, I guess bad things happen in business. I do agree that 3rd party developers have been a little harsh with the WiiU and could have supported it way better. But that doesn't take away nintendo's own responsibility to support their own console. They should have had more games ready at launch or launch window, as promised.

But as soon as these titles will finally be coming, I'm really convinced the WiiU will gain momentum. There is some brilliant software coming up, and I'm sure lots of people will want to experience that. (that also includes me hahah :p )

You really don't have a clue do you? It doesn't matter how much third party support the Wii U has or doesn't have - in fact it's had two major exclusives (Lego City and MH3U) in the space of a couple of weeks. It made little difference - because the poor advertising and price have already had their effect.

The Wii didn't have massive third party support when it came out - however that came in time. When it came some third party games sold well, others didn't! But it wasn't third party support that pushed the Wii, it was a great price and wonderful advertising!

But I'm sure you don't even own a Wii U, or either of those games!

You really don't have a clue do you? It doesn't matter how much third party support the Wii U has or doesn't have - in fact it's had two major exclusives (Lego City and MH3U) in the space of a couple of weeks. It made little difference - because the poor advertising and price have already had their effect.

The Wii didn't have massive third party support when it came out - however that came in time. When it came some third party games sold well, others didn't! But it wasn't third party support that pushed the Wii, it was a great price and wonderful advertising!

But I'm sure you don't even own a Wii U, or either of those games!

Have you any more intelligent quotes like that? You really don't have a clue do you? No, I don't own either of those games and it's not like they're tearing up the charts but me not buying them is to blame for that. Not interested in Lego and while I love MH3, after putting over 800 hours into Tri, I'm still playing it online by the way, last week before the servers close. At this time I don't fancy investing all that time again in a new game right now.

If you must know I own NintendoLand, ZombiU, Batman, Trine 2 and Little Inferno. So I've done my bit. I'm typing this on the Wii U right now.

What a surprise, you responded to my post. Like you never ever always do that. Go bother someone else, you muppet.

Edited by Wii